Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Amuses me how some don't know the one that is perhaps more globally famous than the other two put together.

Maybe if he was English then his name would slip more readily off the tongue.

I'm not a big sports fan (avoid it like the plague) , I knew Ennis from the Olympics and button cos my OH likes F1, not into golf at all so no his 2nd name escaped me for a second (did recognise him just forgot his name).

I'm not sure where you are going with the English/Irish name thing, my grandmother was half Irish and I'm married to a Scot (so have a Scottish surname myself). Do not be so quick to cast imaginary aspersions before you have the facts.:)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    It's that Irish golfer, Rory something...

I only do equestrian sport (not horse racing) and have no interest in any other, so still don't know who he is :D
  • AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    The look on Robert Lindsay's face when he gravely intones that his friend says 'I'm missing out' (as if it's urgent cancer treatment rather than crap on Sky) makes me want to pulp his head.
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
    Forum Member
    Aerrow wrote: »
    The look on Robert Lindsay's face when he gravely intones that his friend says 'I'm missing out' (as if it's urgent cancer treatment rather than crap on Sky) makes me want to pulp his head.

Ironic really, as SKy have just cancelled his`Spy` show!!
  • AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    Ironic really, as SKy have just cancelled his`Spy` show!!

(adopting look of constipated ac-TOR and essaying just-perceptible head nod while reading idiot board) "He's missing out..."
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
    Forum Member
    Aerrow wrote: »
    (adopting look of constipated ac-TOR and essaying just-perceptible head nod while reading idiot board) "He's missing out..."

He he :D
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I only do equestrian sport (not horse racing) and have no interest in any other, so still don't know who he is :D

:D I only know him from the news when he won some tournament or other, I'm just hypnotized by the hideous awfulness of that advert! It is literally like watching paint dry:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Button, Ennis (?) and don't know.

Ennis will live for years off of the Olympics :yawn: They all seem to pop up everywhere.

Blooming awful ad.

Worst of all it's both boring and stilted:yawn:

Sky - what's with this slack-jawed amazement that these people don't have to get home in time to see their favourite TV programme? Haven't we had home video-recorders for over 30 years now:confused:
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    Worst of all it's both boring and stilted:yawn:

Sky - what's with this slack-jawed amazement that these people don't have to get home in time to see their favourite TV programme? Haven't we had home video-recorders for over 30 years now:confused:

But they can WATCH TV on their I PADS on their WAY HOME!!!!!:D (of course people that stupid will probably do it while driving and take out a little old lady on a zebra crossing, but hey ho).
  • Harfynn TeuportHarfynn Teuport Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    best boy wrote: »
    If ever an ad. was aimed at the vacuity of the Facebook/Twitter/YouTube generation this is it.

Utterly shite CGI, endless repetition and guaranteed to get the gormless mugs excited.

I applaud you, and applaud you again.

The fact that this is vacuous, meaningless turd is merely confirmed by the presence of the "hashtag" at the end of the advert so the slow-witted can clamber onto the interweb and tell their cretinous friends how hilarious they found it.

Anyone tweeting their love for it should qualify for free sterilisation on the NHS.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My version of the Wiltshire Farm Foods ad:

Ronnie: "Eric, why do you get WFF delivered?"
    Eric: "Because I'm a lazy t**t who can't be arsed to cook my own food!"

I'm ever so sick of this advert! :mad:
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My version of the Wiltshire Farm Foods ad:

Ronnie: "Eric, why do you get WFF delivered?"
    Eric: "Because I'm a lazy t**t who can't be arsed to cook my own food!"

I'm ever so sick of this advert! :mad:

More likely because Eric is an out of work actor and these are the only parts he can get.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Extra one with Antonio Banderas is annoying me a at the mo. and he's looking so old and scrawny!
    Forum Member
    The race for life cancer ad. Is there the need for the woman to say 'prat' on there. Not a good word for small children to pick up. I know it's not the worse word but still .......
    Forum Member
    macsmurray wrote: »
    The Extra one with Antonio Banderas is annoying me a at the mo. and he's looking so old and scrawny!

Is that the chewing gum ad :eek::eek: OMG I didn't realize that was him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    100% with you. This vile advert shows the clear double standard in advertising, the perceprtion and acceptability of the naked male whereas the reverse would be classed as sexist objectifying and indeed a threat. I feel it's time advertiser dropped the soft target ever reliant on apathy of men. I for one will complain on this basis. Equality or "equality" objectification or "objectification"
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coke. Who are they kidding?
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Saw this advert just now? What a load of absolute nonsense! "We've added the calories on the can." You do know that has been like that for at least FIVE years.

Now for more adverts I hate:

Dreamboats & Petticoats - "The perfect gift for Mum." If I got that CD for my Mum, I think she'd throw it in the bin! :p

EE - Kevin Bacon: "...totes amazeballs." *kicks the TV* :mad:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah cos artificial sweeteners are so healthy!! not!

Coke is a joke!
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compare the Meerkat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    That Godawful advert where alisha dixon nearly bursts a blood vessel with her forced fake laughter.Something to do with jokes for comic relief.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this advert just now? What a load of absolute nonsense! "We've added the calories on the can." You do know that has been like that for at least FIVE years.

Now for more adverts I hate:

Dreamboats & Petticoats - "The perfect gift for Mum." If I got that CD for my Mum, I think she'd throw it in the bin! :p

EE - Kevin Bacon: "...totes amazeballs." *kicks the TV* :mad:
    "The perfect gift for mum "ads always make me cringe,a few year's ago it was the Susan Boyle CD,gee thanks,just what I alway's wanted.
    Advertiseres have a very odd image of Mum's if that's the kind of shite they think we listen to.
    Why dont they go the whole hog and bring back the ads in the papers for the the likes of Curry's with deep fat fryers and hoovers under the headline "presents for mum"
    Think ill stick to my Vodka and Lindor thanks.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These two..

Diet Coke
    a group of women roll a can of coke down a hill on a sunny afternoon into the path of a 'hunk' cutting the grass, he stops to open the can which explodes in a slo-mo 'money shot' sort of way, soaking himself in coke, he looks like a complete berk and the women all laugh at him, he then takes off his shirt, finishes the can at which point all the women are ready to mate with him.

Bertolli spread
    two older women on a beach, some guy is on the shoreline with a towel around his waist and his trunks fall to the ground from under the towel, he already looks like a hapless idiot at which point the women motion a dog over which wrestles the towel from him and the women photograph his modesty.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    If those ads featured guys looking at an attractive or near naked girl and behaving like that, would they be allowed? I don't think so :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The superdrug advert where the woman starts dancing cause the SJP perfume is on offer.
This discussion has been closed.