Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barry Douglas leaves Dundee United to join Lech Poznan. I admire him for giving this a go rather than go to the lower leagues in England for the Monday and never play and crawl back up here in 6 months.

If he plays well across there in a good league he should get a Scotland chance I would hope
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willo Flood signs for Aberdeen meanwhile former SFA CEO and Rangers FC DoF Gordon 'Wiggy' Smith - the man who bragged about his business qualifications on the SFA documentary for BBC Scotland has been declared bankrupt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Willo Flood signs for Aberdeen meanwhile former SFA CEO and Rangers FC DoF Gordon 'Wiggy' Smith - the man who bragged about his business qualifications on the SFA documentary for BBC Scotland has been declared bankrupt.

not much sympathy for Smith. With his resources and earning potential how has he got himself into this situation. He must have made poor investments and/or lived beyond his means.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Barry Douglas leaves Dundee United to join Lech Poznan. I admire him for giving this a go rather than go to the lower leagues in England for the Monday and never play and crawl back up here in 6 months.

If he plays well across there in a good league he should get a Scotland chance I would hope

He will be back in 6 months, bitching about the fact that he couldnt get Supernoodles over there. We all know how it will pan out. He is hardly some sort of pioneer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Robson on the verge of completing a move to Aberdeen tomorrow.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Robson & Willo Flood - 2 new "poster boys" for all Aberdeen girls to idolise in the coming months ...:D
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »

Have any of these Rangers fans who posted on that apologized? Now that is what I call looking for trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flood was decent for us and i wish him well, however I dont think he will be on that much more if it all moving to Aberdeen.

Seems as strange move to leave a team always in the top 6 to one that is always in the bottom 6
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should league reconstruction take place in time for next season then the SPFL rules will forbid the use of trialists in any league or league cup game.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Should league reconstruction take place in time for next season then the SPFL rules will forbid the use of trialists in any league or league cup game.

well that doesn't make any bloody sense :confused:
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    Have any of these Rangers fans who posted on that apologized? Now that is what I call looking for trouble.

Don't be silly.
    Flood was decent for us and i wish him well, however I dont think he will be on that much more if it all moving to Aberdeen.

Seems as strange move to leave a team always in the top 6 to one that is always in the bottom 6

Money talks.

It looks like Jackie Mac has been told to reduce the wage bill and Aberdeen pay more than Dundee United.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »

no

because they're COWARDS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny Shiels handed a 4 match ban (2 suspended) following his comments about Celtic and the SFA Judicial Panel.

Kilmarnock found guilty of failing to make sure Shiels adheres to SFA protocol which prompted this from Michael Johnson:

"This is a matter the club take very seriously.

"We are the oldest professional football club in Scotland and are therefore extremely unhappy to have this against our name.

"We now need to take stock of the findings and sit down with Mr Shiels to discuss the best way forward."

P45 anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scotland time tomorrow, how does everyone think we will do. If we lose by two it would be considered a result.

However I think we could get absolutely thrashed pick a number between 4 and 6
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotland time tomorrow, how does everyone think we will do. If we lose by two it would be considered a result.

On paper could be a cricket score hope not best we could hope for is 3, or 4 nil
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just from reading that Dundee Utd will hae 4 different sponsors on their kit next season. :eek:
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!!! Did not see that coming. Great performance :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you ( and everyone else ) got that prediction slightly wrong :eek: :D

We should have learned a long time ago when it doesn't matter, we can beat anyone !!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA

stupid bloody big mouthed croats
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Its hard to overstate the importance of how having absolutely nothing to play for, no expectation whatsoever and no pressure affects a Scotland international performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shocked absolutely well done hopefully we can end the group with a bit of confidence now.

I think we needed a result to make sure we didn't drop to 5th seeds next time around
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocked absolutely well done hopefully we can end the group with a bit of confidence now.

I think we needed a result to make sure we didn't drop to 5th seeds next time around

I think I read that we needed 4 points from our 4 games. Surely even we can do that now!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote: »
    I think you ( and everyone else ) got that prediction slightly wrong :eek: :D

We should have learned a long time ago when it doesn't matter, we can beat anyone !!!!!

I will happily admit I got it wrong tonight great performance, hopefully now we can get some confidence from it and build for the future.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen lads great result tonight - maybe a (rare) bit of positive spin put on the Scottish game from both armchair fans and the press alike. My mate had a substantial bet on Croatia @45mins and 90mins @ even money and I think that sums up where the Scottish support stand with our performances thus far ... he is sick as a dog just when you think you have cracked that gambling lark a result like that comes along.:D

Irrespective of my clubs recent turmoil I will always be a "Scotland fan" and that has just made my night ... onwards and upwards let's keep it going ... we can't achieve anything but we sure as hell can get our pride back.
  • Macbeth88Macbeth88 Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    HAHA

stupid bloody big mouthed croats

Must admit I was delighted for that reason as well :D
This discussion has been closed.