Piranhaconda - Is this a joke?

Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a438166/michael-madsen-in-piranhaconda-pictures.html

Seriously who the hell greenlights these films? Earlier this year we had the joke that was Piranha 3DD and complete lunacy of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer.... Some of these hollywood big wigs seriously need their heads examined. Michael Madsen is a modest actor I would have thought a film like this would be beneath him and left for Z list unknowns.

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks just so abominably awful...I must watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    According to IMDB, Michael Madsen has been in 212 films in just over 30 years. Somehow I don't think he cares much about where the paycheques come from.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the movie business is an iceberg, "Hollywood" is the glamourous little bit above the surface, but there's an enormous industry underneath that, of cheap & cheerful straight-to-DVD indie pix being churned out with one reasonably-known actor (usually Michael Madsen!) happy to turn up for a 5-minute cameo role in exchange for a decent fee and a week in a nice hotel on location. Most of these will be horror or sci-fi movies because they're so easy to sell in foreign territories, and by the time the producers have sold Blu-ray, DVD, satellite TV, terrestrial TV, airline, oil rig and newspaper covermount rights in every territory, as long as they keep production costs down, it's virtually impossible to lose money...
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I think it looks great. Presumably from the same studio as all those cheap-o spoof films like Sharktopus and Megashark vs Giant Octopus. :D
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I love half these films...usually watch them on sci fi channel and even though the acting is wooden as hell I'd still rather watch them for entertainment value than stuff like Twilight!!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised no-one's come up with that title before !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will they make Anacondopus?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell are you talking about, OP? That sounds awesome!
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I really liked Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter...... :o