Geordie Shore

Comments

• Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    Anyone notice the exact same thing happened on the first episode of Jersey Shore? Snooki got drunk and made a fool out of herself, just like that Sophie girl just has

True, except Sophie went a few steps farther than Snooki by urinating all over herself and getting sick!

I find them all irritating, however it is a guilty pleasure so will be watching it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    They are re-editing the rest of the series after last nights disaster.

Too late!! No amount of editing can make that bunch of animals look good. Put them in a zoo perhaps :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good because blokes in fights and girls egging them on isn't entertainment. They should have been arrested instead of laughing about it and using it as a bonding session.

I live in Newcastle and this programme highlights the tossers of this city, we're not all like that and very few of us talk like that. Even I had trouble understanding the THICK put on accent at times and my partner who is originally from Edinburgh asked me 4 times to interpret the language. At one point I said "I think he just wants to get her into bed and she think's it's a good idea too", even I couldn't work out the dialect LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you provide a reliable link to back up this statement please ? .

I like this show and have no shame in admiting it atall :) .
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    Can you provide a reliable link to back up this statement please ? .

I like this show and have no shame in admiting it atall :) .

They filmed for episode 3 at where i work, they were on the phone this morning saying its all getting re-edited
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They filmed for episode 3 at where i work, they were on the phone this morning saying its all getting re-edited

Fair enough ~ thankyou :) I always prefer to hear things offically confirmed like you have just done .
  • MischeM6MischeM6 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they decided they wanted to a UK version. Those people just weren't the same!

In Jersey Shore whenever they were in a fight, they never started it - and (usually) they knew when to stop! In Geordie Shore they were just all jumping in and egging them on and going all at it!

Also, the entire cast seem very stupid, and slutty. Constantly getting off with each other and instantly bitching about and criticising each other from the beginning! Whereas in Jersey Shore they were all one "big happy family." And didn't hate each other any where near as much as that lot do! Even their 'summer job' type thing was alot more trampy than in Jersey Shore, going round half naked, convincing people to get in a limo - in Jersey Shore they work in a shop!
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MischeM6 wrote: »
    I don't know why they decided they wanted to a UK version. Those people just weren't the same!

In Jersey Shore whenever they were in a fight, they never started it - and (usually) they knew when to stop! In Geordie Shore they were just all jumping in and egging them on and going all at it!

Also, the entire cast seem very stupid, and slutty. Constantly getting off with each other and instantly bitching about and criticising each other from the beginning! Whereas in Jersey Shore they were all one "big happy family." And didn't hate each other any where near as much as that lot do! Even their 'summer job' type thing was alot more trampy than in Jersey Shore, going round half naked, convincing people to get in a limo - in Jersey Shore they work in a shop!

I don't think the gang started the fight. Greg joined in to stand up for his "new mates".... i love the show already, but people need to remember that in the first episode of Jersey Shore, the characters seemed all so slutty and like idiots, it took a few episodes to see their other sides. So I'm interested in seeing the other sides of their characters, for me, Greg seems the most level headed and less arrogant.
  • MischeM6MischeM6 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I don't think the gang started the fight. Greg joined in to stand up for his "new mates".... i love the show already, but people need to remember that in the first episode of Jersey Shore, the characters seemed all so slutty and like idiots, it took a few episodes to see their other sides. So I'm interested in seeing the other sides of their characters, for me, Greg seems the most level headed and less arrogant.

Fair point, I didn't really like any of the Jersey Shore cast in the first few weeks. But I basically like them all now (other than the stupid Sam/Ronnie thing, and Mike! :mad:)

However, the Jersey Shore cast didn't all love themselves and hate everyone else from the start, the other 3 guys (Greg seems cool) ALL love themselves, and were slagging off everyone one in the house, throughout the entire show. The girls were sorta okay one minute, and bitchy the next, then back to being okay :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings:
    345,000 (inc +1)

Highest MTV rating ever since before 2006 :eek:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118037576
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Doc wrote: »
    Glamorising flights in bars, the cast are just a bunch of slappers and muscle marys.

The sad thing about the fight is that the hand gesture was correct - he is a w****er

Not a good advertisment for the city.

I was embarrassed to say the least.

"In there like swimwear" WTF language is that

I wouldn't be embarrassed, you would be daft to base your opinion on Geordies on these bunch of morons. The geordies I know are all hard working grafters with a wicked sense of humour!

There is a program called The Scheme airing up this way at the moment!! Full of junkie scum that live on a council estate and probably put the lovely normal people that live there in fear of going out! They are an embarrassment to themselves, and its sad to see that it is a real problem, but its not a reflection of Scotland, most people are respectable human beings.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt a bit unclean after watching it! I come from Newcastle and it was a shame that there weren't a better mix of people on the show (having never watched Jersey Shore, perhaps they are meant to be typecast in that way. Just interested in drinking and sh*gging). Why do they have all the girls as brunettes and looking virtually the same?

It brought back memories of meeting awful lads like Jay and the other meathead (apart from Greg who at the moment seems to be the better one out of a bad bunch) doon the Toon back in my youth, but I am not sure if I am going to stick with this programme. I think I was kind of expecting The Hills in Geordieland, which it's not!
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just had a thought, with Cheryl doing the american X factor, maybe MTV are hoping to sell this to america...I certainly hope not
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it today, and actually really enjoyed it.

Certainly better than Living On The Edge (and I live 3 minutes away from where that was filmed). The characters were pretty good, the house looks brilliant. I think if people don't take it very seriously, see it as a piece of escapism, then no serious harm will be done.

I think the majority who watched it will realize that is not what Newcastle is usually like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MischeM6 wrote: »
    Fair point, I didn't really like any of the Jersey Shore cast in the first few weeks. But I basically like them all now (other than the stupid Sam/Ronnie thing, and Mike! :mad:)

However, the Jersey Shore cast didn't all love themselves and hate everyone else from the start, the other 3 guys (Greg seems cool) ALL love themselves, and were slagging off everyone one in the house, throughout the entire show. The girls were sorta okay one minute, and bitchy the next, then back to being okay :rolleyes:

I think the Jersey Shore lot are awful the men treat women like crap and pieces of meat (similar to the Geordie lot) they are arrogant and full of themselves Mike ,Sam,Ronnie ,Nicole, Deena ,Vinny all arrogant as hell ,they can't go out with being in a fight or getting arrested they are nearly always drunk or getting drunk,make a spectacle of themselves in public and that goes for the men and the women .

Also they are snidey to each other nice to each others face being nasty behind their backs ,they constantly back stab each other ,and as for STD's they must have at least one each and their hottub must be disease ridden .
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    No it's not. I think this show's based on accents rather than Geordie people.
    If that's the case then it should'nt be called 'Geordie Shore'.
    Northern Shore would be better but not Geordie Shore unless they are all Geordies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows how low television standards have dropped over the years.

The thing is, there are tonnes of thickoes out there who love this sort of thing and lap it up. Why can't we have proper dramas? And as for MTV, it's MUSIC TELEVISION! Glad I don't have $ky.

*sigh at how people don't understand why others watch Geordie Shore*
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they are now thinking of scrapping it so it looks like its auf weidersehen pet !! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Apparently they are now thinking of scrapping it so it looks like its auf weidersehen pet !! :D

MTV would not scrap it after last nights ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it since that single episode go MTV UK's highest ratings for years ~ see link futher back in the thread for conformation .
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After the highest ratings in over 5 years for MTV i think 2 more series being commission is A LOT more likely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half of them weren't even Geordies so that annoyed me. A Mackem and a Smoggy for crying out loud, what self respecting Mackem would ever try to pass themselves off as a Geordie :rolleyes:

Also I have no idea where they got most of the blokes from but the average Geordie lad is pale with a bit of a beer gut not like those sun tanned gym freaks. Greg is much more typical than the other 3, even to the point of getting into the middle of the fight for his mates.

Not sure why all the girls are so dark either as I would reckon far more are fair haired/dyed blonde up here.

I cringed the whole time as it's my neck of the woods but couldn't stop watching. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the same with Jersey Shore despite it being called that none of the people on the show are actually from there .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the point of these shows is to be entertained, people really shouldn't take it seriously, its brilliant TV to escape from real life (even though I do have a similar lifestyle to them, not as wild yet though), I think people who take it seriously shouldn't watch any of these types of shows.

We dont want class, we have class in other shows, we want drama and laughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV would not scrap it after last nights ratings.
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    I doubt it since that single episode go MTV UK's highest ratings for years ~ see link futher back in the thread for conformation .
    BigBmad wrote: »
    After the highest ratings in over 5 years for MTV i think 2 more series being commission is A LOT more likely

SNAP !! :D .