Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I met 30 Seconds To Mars a while back and thought they were nice enough - especially Jared Leto, which came as a surprise. I've met several other rock bands who have all been nice enough.
    Oh and I met Keith Duffy years ago (not exactly A-list, I'm not so lucky) and he was very friendly and happy to pose for a photo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I met Liam Gallagher way back in 96' when Oasis had hit the big time, he was really nice and not at all like his supposed loutish persona. I was 13 years old at the time and he chatted to me and my mum in Manchester airport and signed an autograph for me. He did stink of whiskey but he was well nice!!
    Forum Member
    soapdoctor wrote: »
    I met Frankie Cocozza in a club whilst he was still on XF. He bumped into my friend and offered to by her a drink, we got pictures and then he sat with us for a while.[/QUOTE

Note the post says 'celebrities' ;)
    Forum Member
    Oh yes almost forgot Stephen Gerrard pulled his car up outside my neighbours, we all came out and he did an autograph for us, seemed quiet but friendly enough. I've always imagined him to be down to earth?
    Forum Member
    Tommy Cannon from Cannon&Ball. Was coming out a multistorey in Blackpool and gave me his ticket as he had paid for it then had to move somewhere else, bless!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    My brother met Noel and Liam Gallagher a few times as he followed Oasis before the became a super group and he would hang around at gigs after they had finished playing. He said they were both quite down to earth in those days and Noel had a funny sense of humour.
    I met Kevin Keegan when we were in Spain on our holidays when I was about 12, he posed for pictures and chatted to my Uncle for ages :)
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Patrick Stewart - lovely. No airs and graces at all.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam.hall13 wrote: »

Nasty.

Christine Bleakley a face thats best suited to radio and has a very grating guttural NI accent.

Lulu- nasty and deserves her nickname as the Glasgow bike.

Pip Schofield is a total lecherous pig.

Tom Cruise was an arrogant pompous f***.

Denise Welch was exactly like the tart we believe she is,awful disgusting personality.

I've heard a lot about her not being very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Patrick Stewart - lovely. No airs and graces at all.

Oh, how I envy you for this. I tip my hat to you. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Ive met quite a few Star Trek and Star Wars actors.

Sir Patrick Stewart-lovely.

Jonathan Frakes-very nice, friendly and chatty

Nana Vistor-lovely, made a special effort to get into a photo with us. She was beind a long row of tables and had to go a long way to walk around them all. She made sure we got a good photo and insisted we take more if needed.

Avery brooks-seemed ok, didnt like picture being taken and wouldnt look anyone in the face or at camera.

Ray Park-the most wonderful person ive ever met. In fact he was so nice im in love with him ;)
    Weve met him a few times and he remembers us.
    I watch him when interacting with people and he acts like theyre the first person he's met that day and spends ages with him. So nice.

Warwick Davis-great guy

Jay Laga'aia-lovely, very happy to chat for ages.

Anthony Daniels-was ok

Jeremy Bulloch-He came up to us and started chatting away about family etc. Nice man.

Both of these werent rude, just didnt really acknowledge us. But did sign an autograph.
    David Prowse-
    Kenny Baker-

A few years ago we met Robert Pattison, He was nice but a bit shy/embarrased. He was at a signing event where there were lots of 'celebs' however noone was going to him.
    I took pity on him, just amazing that a short while later Twilight was released. Bet he doesnt have that problem anymore :)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cilla and Lulu really don't fare very well at all on these kinds of threads, do they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Ally McCoist - lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I met tons of wwe wrestlers back in 2001. they were all nice but steve austin (and debra when he was with her) was rude and obnoxious.

I put it down the fact he had just wrestled an hour before hand.

Met chris jericho as a wrestler and when in fozzy (his band) a few times and is nice enough.

Seen Jo whiley and nick from the apprentice / countdown in my local shop and they seem nice enough too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to visist my mum in hospital at the time Bernard Manning (god bless him) was on his deathbed yet he was polite funny and wished my mother well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    We also have Joanna Lumley, Annette Crosbie, Steve Ovett living near me here. And Anne Robinson regularly visits her friend who lives in a little village out in the sticks. She opens fetes, takes part in backing and stalls etc, and is also lovely apparently.

So it would seem that basically they are just like you and I!
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    some great stories on this site, mostly american stars but a fun read if you have a spare afternoon ............... http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/pages-nf/stories1
  • Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amusing that Cilla and Lulu appear to be universally despised. Cilla has always come off as a phony to me and I've always disliked Lula, who always seems to be far too pleased with herself while looking down her nose at everyone/everything else.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Cilla's Scouse accent is put on and she speaks with a posh accent off stage.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Apparently Cilla's Scouse accent is put on and she speaks with a posh accent off stage.

My mum lived in Liverpool for a few years when younger and she always said when we'd watch Blind Date and Surprise Suprise years ago that she found Cilla really fake and that her accent was ridiculous and over exagerated. It sounds like someone doing a bad impersenation of a scouse accent imo.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »

I've heard Cilla being well spoken in a documentary that was on years ago. She's definitely well spoken when not on a TV show.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIP101 wrote: »
    wow some people have meet a lot of celebrity’s, so many it's like their lying about meeting all of them!!

Fair point, mate, but I can assure you I've really met those I said I had and I hope to meet Tomas Ledin again soon when I see him live! He's such a lovely, sweet person.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline Flack - utterly vile up her own arse cowbag. Only got where she is (which to be fair, isn't very far) by knobbin' blokes in bands.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Caroline Flack - utterly vile up her own arse cowbag. Only got where she is (which to be fair, isn't very far) by knobbin' blokes in bands.

Uh oh, superfan has arrived.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Uh oh, superfan has arrived.

What?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Have you met her? Just curious :)