Options

Strictly Confidential tour

Comments

• Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor
    I have just complained to BBC about the apparent conflict of interest this is . Never bothered to complain before but this has really peed me off .
  • Options
    LisaCLisaC Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor
    I have just complained to BBC about the apparent conflict of interest this is . Never bothered to complain before but this has really peed me off .

I have also complained to the BBC. A judge has to both be impartial and be seen to be impartial. Who will he save if she's in the dance off tomorrow?
  • Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see any conflict of intrest for Craig,Vintcents and Flavia have had there show advertised ie Midnight Tango,Tess drops Girls Aloud name every time she speaks to Kimberly in the Tess Pit they are touring next year.Its a light entertaiment show, its very unlikely that Lisa will win anyway.Dani, Denise,Louis and Lisa have all been confimed for the Strictly tour run by Craig so no problem there then.At the end of the day you dont have to watch Strictly do you and i find all these negative comments quite sad,somof you need to get a life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TootsieLou wrote: »
    I cant see any conflict of intrest for Craig,Vintcents and Flavia have had there show advertised ie Midnight Tango,Tess drops Girls Aloud name every time she speaks to Kimberly in the Tess Pit they are touring next year.Its a light entertaiment show, its very unlikely that Lisa will win anyway.Dani, Denise,Louis and Lisa have all been confimed for the Strictly tour run by Craig so no problem there then.At the end of the day you dont have to watch Strictly do you and i find all these negative comments quite sad,somof you need to get a life.

Vincent and Flavia are not judging though are they ? They have no influence on a voting public at all
    And this is a forum for negative and positive posts , if you dont like them you may prefer the appreciation threads
    Craig is part of Strictly tour but the Strictly Confidential tour is his production and I presume his money is invested in it
  • Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont worry wont be back cant stand petty people.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh, a flounce!

Make sure you slam the door very hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Taxi for Tootsie
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is a shame.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please don't go.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bye bye . Shut the door quietly please
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Ooh, a flounce!

Make sure you slam the door very hard.

She's not as good as me! I can FLOUNCE! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »

You need ruffles and godets for a great flounce.
    Tosses Hair for good measure
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »

Have you got your whole "I HATE YOU! I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN!" scream up to deafening decibels?
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Southampton Mayflower now been announced 23rd to 29th June. I wish they'd announce the whole tour on one website instead of having to get information from the individual theatres!:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wingi found this, it has a bit more info. Sounds interesting!

http://neilreadingpr.com/news/?p=2512
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincent and Flavia are not judging though are they ? They have no influence on a voting public at all
    And this is a forum for negative and positive posts , if you dont like them you may prefer the appreciation threads
    Craig is part of Strictly tour but the Strictly Confidential tour is his production and I presume his money is invested in it

I see your point but I also think Lisa is one of the main personalities/stories of the show this year (whether you appreciate her dancing or not!) and her first dance is what set that trend, not Craigs marking. So he may have included her in the show even if she went out earlier but I don't think she would have no matter how he marked her.

That being said I am curious to see how she will fit into this show and why Artem hasn't been paired with another pro dancer for it.:confused:
  • Options
    abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tipi wrote: »
    I see your point but I also think Lisa is one of the main personalities/stories of the show this year (whether you appreciate her dancing or not!) and her first dance is what set that trend, not Craigs marking. So he may have included her in the show even if she went out earlier but I don't think she would have no matter how he marked her.

That being said I am curious to see how she will fit into this show and why Artem hasn't been paired with another pro dancer for it.:confused:

Yep. It's not going stretch Artem that much dancing with Lisa. Why is Artem not doing Burn The Floor this year? Couldn't he pair up with Aliona and do some shows?
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's writer and director, but it's produced by Phil McIntyre Entertainments, Stage Entertainment and BBC Worldwide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abs x wrote: »
    Yep. It's not going stretch Artem that much dancing with Lisa. Why is Artem not doing Burn The Floor this year? Couldn't he pair up with Aliona and do some shows?

I'm not sure they'd have him - he had to dump BTF for Strictly at the last minute because of a visa cock-up (when he first joined SCD). I'd love it if he would tour with Aliona, but I think he has to have a sponsor to be here :confused:
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'd have him - he had to dump BTF for Strictly at the last minute because of a visa cock-up (when he first joined SCD). I'd love it if he would tour with Aliona, but I think he has to have a sponsor to be here

So how are things different for Pasha then?? ...Thought he would have the same problems with visa..:confused::confused:... Not that I am complaining...:D:D... the more the Pash the better for me..:D:D... Just a bit confused :confused::confused:... would enjoy an Aliona/Artem tour ....rather than this mashed potato/exploding custard they are trying to sell.... sorry not trying to be disrespectful but failing miserably....:p:p
  • Options
    abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'd have him - he had to dump BTF for Strictly at the last minute because of a visa cock-up (when he first joined SCD). I'd love it if he would tour with Aliona, but I think he has to have a sponsor to be here :confused:

It's a shame about Burn The Floor. Why does Artem require a sponser to be here? All the other pros seem to do their own shows and a lot of them are non UK Nationals. Who sponsers them? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    So how are things different for Pasha then?? ...Thought he would have the same problems with visa..:confused::confused:... Not that I am complaining...:D:D... the more the Pash the better for me..:D:D... Just a bit confused :confused::confused:... would enjoy an Aliona/Artem tour ....rather than this mashed potato/exploding custard they are trying to sell.... sorry not trying to be disrespectful but failing miserably....

I don't know, but that seems to be the situation :(. Kristina seems to work here without problems too :confused:.
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know the specifics for any of the pros but there are different types of Visas you can enter the UK on - and there will be limitations on what work you can (or can't) undertake.

And of course it will depend on what country they are from (EU or no n-EU)

Some who have been here for a while may have 'indefinite leave to remain' where you don't have citizenship but you can work here without restriction.

(Not an expert on these things but can speak from experience. I first came to the UK on a work permit which only allowed me to work for the company who brought me over. If I stopped working for them I was not able to work for anyone else and was expected to leave the country. After being here for a few years I got indefinite leave to remain (and could work for anyone) and then finally became a citizen.)
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindside wrote: »

Well if you look at those stats (all courtesy of the remarkable Ultimate Strictly site) ... when you look at the internal leader board for each judge, there were only two weeks when Craig placed Lisa higher on his personal list than the other judges (in Wk 2 he put her joint 2nd on his list; the others placed her joint 3rd; the same occurred in Wembley Wk 7). Last week with the QS for example, he and Bruno both placed her joint 3rd on their lists; Darcey and Len had her 2nd.

I will state again, I am no champion of Lisa but I don't see any evidence stacking up that somehow Craig (as opposed to the other judges) has engineered things to bolster her position in the competition.

OK I looked at the Ultimate Strictly Site's statistics and fed them into a spreadsheet and did some analyisis.

Note that I have not checked Ultimate's figures but it seems popular so I imagine some have checked them.
    Pair----	Craig Oth Avge Craig below
    Denise & James	8.1	8.2	0.1
    Kimb & Pasha	7.8	7.9	0.1
    Louis & Flavia	6.9	8.0	1.1
    Dani & Vincent	7.4	7.8	0.4
    Lisa & Robin	7.3	7.1	-0.2
    Nicky & Karen	5.7	7.0	1.3

Craig's average score is just below the other three judges' average score for Denise and Kimberley. He is well below the others' average for Louis and Nicky. But strangely his average score for Lisa is higher than the others' average.

But that is only part of the picture. His comments have been harsh and rude towards others but he has said nothing rude to his own employee Lisa thus influencing the popular telephone vote to the detriment of others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is Craig's tour not the official SCD one. That is advertised here:
    http://www.strictlycomedancinglive.com/home/
    Lots more pros and looks much better.
    I completely agree that the judging has been very biased towards Lisa. What on earth were they thinking last week to mark her so high after all the errors she made? Anyone else would have been criticised and marked no more than 4 by Craig and maybe 5 by the others.