Where the spoilers accurate this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,

I usually avoid this site during when the show is running as I hate spoilers and in previous years some have been too accurate for my taste.

Where they accurate this year? Can anyone share any of the more 'way out' spoilers?

Thanks.

Comments

• PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Well, considering there was barely brief moment of the episode that wasn't published online months beforehand, I'd say the spoilers were remarkably accurate.

The most widespread false rumor involved River wiping herself from the timeline to save the Doctor. Some people thought River was pregnant. Vastra and Strax were supposed to kill each-other (which I suppose did play into things), Clarence was speculated to be a male version of Clara, and the Time Lords were supposed to return.

Oh, and Trenzelore was thought to be Gallifrey under a different name. Can't forget that one :)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    What I don't understand is that I knew John Hurt was going to be the Doctor from all sorts of non-spoilery sources. Even DS had made mention of it in various interviews with John Hurt, so I'm not sure why that was the big reveal at the end of the episode.

It might have had more impact for me if it had been woven into a few more storylines and had been the focus of more built up, but slapping it on at the end like that with all the information that had already been posted and it pretty much lost its impact.

But even still, it was pretty cool, though! :)
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The outline for the finale, completely accurate, was on here well over a month ago. At the time a lot people dismissed it because it wasn't from a so called reputable source at GB.

Well whoever that guy was he was absolutely spot on a long time before anyone else was!