DXR595 with RF MODULATOR and SkyLink

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Hi there,

I'm looking to purchase a DXR595 for a single feed in the bedroom. The box itself is hidden under the bed and I want to use Sky Link to control the remote.

With the RF DXR595 has anyone used a RF MODULATOR to power a Sky Link? Does that actually work? Will the RF MODULATOR provide power to the SkyLink?

Any advise would be greatly received.

Thanks.

Comments

• ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not just make your life simpler and get one of the sky HD boxes WITH the RF modulator, then it will work without any messing about. They can all be set to work from single feed.

Actually the RF modulator and tvlink are strictly two seperate functions. For the tv link to work, you need a dc supply to power it, and the box has to recognise and act on the returned data stream. That requires those functions in the sky box. Adding an RF modulator would allow you to view the sky channel tuned in on an analogue tv channel, but that would not add the tv link functions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

OK i'll do that :)

How would I set a HD box to use a single feed only?

Thanks for your help,

Adam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Agiddens wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking to purchase a DXR595 for a single feed in the bedroom. The box itself is hidden under the bed and I want to use Sky Link to control the remote.

With the RF DXR595 has anyone used a RF MODULATOR to power a Sky Link? Does that actually work? Will the RF MODULATOR provide power to the SkyLink?

Any advise would be greatly received.

Thanks.

You can use a triax tri link kit to modulate a scart output to rf, it will also act as a remote/magic eye sender/receiver. Search google for one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Agiddens wrote: »
    Hi there,

It wouldn't really be a good solution. As MatthewColeran commented you'd need one with IR transmitters on it, which are not easy to attach to the DRX595 nor that reliable.

We've designed a 'magic eye' for the DRX-595, but it's not on our website yet - PM me for details. It connects directly to the DRX595's I/O port.

As ProDave suggested, you may be better off with a Sky+HD instead. The downside is these have a hard disc in them and some people find the noise from the harddisc quite annoying, though of course the upside is you get live pause etc. The DRX595 has no harddisc so is completely silent.