Pink - The Truth About Love (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,320
Forum Member
✭✭
Four years since Funhouse, Pink has since reconciled with her husband and had a baby girl. She is now back with a new album, titled The Truth About Love.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a391498/pink-confirms-new-album-the-truth-about-love.html

The lead single is Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling she was gonna give us an album about Love. Her life has changed since her last album. This album is likely going to about her becoming a family woman and experiencing the love of a child.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I am so looking forward to this. I'm Not Dead remains my favourite album, but Funhouse is a pretty close 2nd. She always has a great mix of songs on her albums. Can't wait for the tour!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait for this. Does it have a release date yet?
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did she only just started recording this album like 2 months ago? I could be wrong but since she announced that she was back in the studio I expected it to take her a year but it seems to have flown by!

Cant wait for it though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recording an album doesn't really take long. However the writing process could of been longer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming she would have been doing writing sessions for a while, and then just did all the recording at the end.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about time we had a happy album!
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    I hope she still gives us funny videos, and doesn't go all mushy
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I really like the new song, it's everything I love about her: fun, energized, tongue n cheek. Really looking forward to the album and the video for the song :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Hope there's a collaboration or two on the album. Never really seem to get many from Pink.
    Forum Member
    JCJ94 wrote: »
    Hope there's a collaboration or two on the album. Never really seem to get many from Pink.

Thats absolutely fine by me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCJ94 wrote: »

She's had at least one collaboration on each album since M!ssundaztood. Three on M!ssundaztood and one each on on Try This, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink isn't a collab type person anyway. That's usually rappers or Keri Hilson who do that alot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    She's had at least one collaboration on each album since M!ssundaztood. Three on M!ssundaztood and one each on on Try This, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse.

Isn't the Funhouse collaboration a bonus track? Or a country-exclusive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the Funhouse collaboration a bonus track? Or a country-exclusive?

Not sure to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The International release featured a collaboration with Travie McCoy.
    Forum Member
    It's a bonus track but to be honest I think it appeared every edition outside from the US. One of the weaker tracks on the album. Boring (the UK bonus track) was much much better :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer the iTunes bonus track Why Did I Ever Like You?. :p
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait.

I love her "Love Song" from Try This.

Love the look for the new video! Very P!nk and in your face!

She also collaborated with Eminem on his album.
  • soapdoctorsoapdoctor Posts: 3,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read two dates for the album release, September 17th and September 18th. I love the new song:D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    soapdoctor wrote: »
    I've read two dates for the album release, September 17th and September 18th. I love the new song:D

Us and UK dates :D I can't wait...BIG Pink fan here :D
  • RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Announcing her new album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJt69Gq7kA&feature=youtube_gdata_player she is just too funny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redundant wrote: »
    Announcing her new album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJt69Gq7kA&feature=youtube_gdata_player she is just too funny!

Love her!!! Here's her interview on The Today Show from yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ywMfVgbcS8 . I've missed her interviews, she's hilarious. I can't wait for the video and the new album! :D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    It's a bonus track but to be honest I think it appeared every edition outside from the US. One of the weaker tracks on the album. Boring (the UK bonus track) was much much better :D

Funny, I love This Is How It Goes Down.
    Can't wait.

I love her "Love Song" from Try This.

Love the look for the new video! Very P!nk and in your face!

She also collaborated with Eminem on his album.

Yep, one of my favourite P!nk songs, so I'm looking forward to some happy, love songs from her.
    soapdoctor wrote: »

Great birthday present for me, 14th September :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Can't wait!