Paul Daniels

gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
He now admits that all of his g/fs may not have been over 16!

Full details to follow in Monday's Daily Mail

Could NEVER stand the obnoxious unfunny creep! :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on the front of tomorrow's Sun, too.

Perhaps tabloid journos have been doing some digging since the Savile claims came out and it's one of those "we're printing this anyway, you might a well speak to us" deals (as is sometimes the case in those 'my drugs hell' 'my divorce hell' type stories).
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His current wife's rather fond of dogs and photography, I believe...
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So who else been on Louis Theroux shows...?
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    So who else been on Louis Theroux shows...?

:eek::eek::eek:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Full details to follow in Monday's Daily Mail

Could NEVER stand the obnoxious unfunny creep! :mad:

I dont think he admitted that at all, he said he had a clinch with a girl who turned out to be still at school and got out of there and was very careful afterwards. Is this an interview with the Mail or they have they too lifted the story from his blogs ?

His other comments about being impossible to know I took as in general not him saying he had girlfriends who may have been under 16

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4712279/paul-daniels-schoolgirl-clinch.html

But Daniels said his clinch with the schoolgirl taught him to take care. He added: “Maybe that scare was a good thing ’cos from then on I would talk about their jobs or whatever before anything went too far.”
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He added that it was “impossible” to tell if teenage groupies in the 1970s were over 16.

I can totally see this being a problem both then and now
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if he has done nothing wrong then he fear nothing! He has admitted to sleeping with over 300 women!

Of course and ONLY IF he knows different then the Police may investigae

Say for example, the girl was just over 16 then at the time he would have been in his 40s and old enough to be her father! May not be illegal but it is gut wrenching!

WE MUST PRESUME HE IS INNOCENT! That is the way the law operates.

If he is brought to court then he better have a good Houdini trick up his sleeve if found guilty! That is a huge "if"

Never liked him but I seriously doubt if he was an abuser and he is a million miles away from the likes of that filthy Jimmy Savile monster!

His wife is nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say for example, the girl was just over 16 then at the time he would have been in his 40s and old enough to be her father! May not be illegal but it is gut wrenching!

WE MUST PRESUME HE IS INNOCENT! That is the way the law operates.

"The veteran TV magician, who was then aged 30"
    Never liked him but I seriously doubt if he was an absuer like that filthy Jimmy Savile monster!

this ^
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe-but not a lot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt many famous men have slept with girls under the age of 16. I think the big issue is whether they were willing or not. There is a big difference between a 14/15 year-old girl dressed up to look older and throwing herself at the 'rock star of her dreams' and a young girl coerced into having sex with a creepy star for fear of what may happen if she says no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    "The veteran TV magician, who was then aged 30"

Er.......he is 74 and the late 1970s was about 34 years ago so that makes him around the 40s!

As President Obama would say "do the math!" ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt many famous men have slept with girls under the age of 16. I think the big issue is whether they were willing or not. There is a big difference between a 14/15 year-old girl dressed up to look older and throwing herself at the 'rock star of her dreams' and a young girl coerced into having sex with a creepy star for fear of what may happen if she says no.

Any man that has intercourse with a girl under 16 is guilty of Statutory Rape.

As you say depends on "willing" element. If she was near 16 the Police/CPS may decide not to prosecute.

Further away from 16 and younger then it is SERIOUS!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Any man that has intercourse with a girl under 16 is guilty of Statutory Rape.

As you say depends on "willing" element. If she was near 16 the Police/CPS may decide not to prosecute.

Further away from 16 and younger then it is SERIOUS!

Though if the girl in question admits she lied and told them she was older (and she did look it) then the courts may go easy on them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er.......he is 74 and the late 1970s was about 34 years ago so that makes him around the 40s!

where does it say it was "late" 70s? ... it says 70's ... he was born 1938 so if it happened in,say, 1970 before his birthday then he'd be 31
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

diamond1 wrote: »
    where does it say it was "late" 70s? ... it says 70's ... he was born 1938 so if it happened in,say, 1970 before his birthday then he'd be 31

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252693/Were-groupies-1970s-16-God-I-hope-says-Paul-Daniels-Magician-admits-remember-past-lovers.html
    In one passage, he confessed he had a ‘passionate’ encounter with a schoolgirl hitch-hiker after his first season as a professional magician in 1969.

He said: ‘My confession? I turned pro when I was 30 and my first summer season was in Newquay.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His wife is nice.

Mmmm ripping young girls off for her model agency. Taking their money and doing nothing to forward their careers.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He couldn't make this story vanish.. Happy Christmas Paul and Debbie
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see if anyone comes forward and complains about him shall we? Men never asked about women's ages back then and for a girl of what ever age to offer sex on a plate to a man is different to a man assaulting or raping a girl.

If any woman does come forward now, it's only detracting from real abuse stories.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on the front of tomorrow's Sun, too.

Perhaps tabloid journos have been doing some digging since the Savile claims came out and it's one of those "we're printing this anyway, you might a well speak to us" deals (as is sometimes the case in those 'my drugs hell' 'my divorce hell' type stories).

Wouldn't be at all surprised
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's see if anyone comes forward and complains about him shall we? Men never asked about women's ages back then and for a girl of what ever age to offer sex on a plate to a man is different to a man assaulting or raping a girl.

If any woman does come forward now, it's only detracting from real abuse stories.

I don't like Daniels, he comes across as a toad, but I agree with this, the contxt of the case needs to be looked at, not just the age related details.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I think what concerned me more of this article was that he admits she was drunk, then says once he finds out she is only a school kid, he puts her out on the street at night and drives off, with his lights off and leaves her. I can see why he did this, but I can't help think how much worse this could have turned out - drunk young girl alone, feeling sorry for herself about her boyfriend, but happy to climb into any car that stops for her.

I can't help wonder if he is panicking and decided to get his story out there first, in case the cops come calling at his door soon.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I concur 100%, and have said so on numerous posts.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this blog is very informative, telling about Daniels paedo brother and so on

http://www.ccs-rochford.co.uk/spivey/?p=8057
    In fact, it rather sounds to me a bit like Paul Daniels is preparing his defence… Just in case.