One British Group to split in 2014

zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.urturn.com/documents/C5BFAFF1-35D0-0001-2DB1-B094A9C552C0

One of Britain's biggest chart acts is to take a break in 2014. The group, who will announce the news later this year, will temporarily split to pursue solo projects. They'll release one more album and undertake a huge tour first.

Who could that be?

Personally, I find it stupid when groups do this. Some members think they are better than the rest so they have big dreams of becoming the next Williams or Timberlake. Then when they flop, they reunite in hoping to reclaim their former glory.

The way it was described, it looks like it could be One Direction, but I hardly doubt Simon would allow that.

So, it must be someone else. Maybe The Wanted, but they are hardly "one of the biggest chart acts"...

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it would be One direction. I reckon they will do what JLS will do and call it a day after album number 4.

My guess it will be The Saturdays.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please let it be One Direction!!!! But they were bad as solo artists on the x factor! :D
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea, I'm hoping not The Saturdays as they're my favourite group, plus Vanessa just said in a recent interview with DS that they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and since a recent Harry Styles solo track surfaced online, plus they are doing that massive stadium tour maybe it's 1D?
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I don't think it would be One direction. I reckon they will do what JLS will do and call it a day after album number 4.

My guess it will be The Saturdays.

The Saturdays are less successful than both The Wanted and One Direction, and also group splitting for solo careers tends to happen when there's members of the group that are famous in their own right, and I can't really think of anybody in The Saturdays who is. So maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it's them.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    One Direction would be nuts to quit now, they have at least 2 more albums in them before the fanbase gets bored, and if they are smart they can extend that by making their sound more mature.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    They get a lot of criticism but I do like the Saturdays (though I'll admit that some of their later material has been pretty weak in places) so I'd be a little sad if it were them. That said, it would make sense seeing as by that time 3 members of the group will be mothers.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Jedward is it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Could be 1D. While they're massively popular as a group, they also have individual fanbases, so if any of them are serious about a solo career, this would be the perfect time to launch it. The fangirls will still buy it and they'll avoid a huge flop. Flopping is much more likely if they release album #4, have less success, become less popular and another group has taken over as the teeny bopper favorite. That way they don't even have a guaranteed fanbase to rely on in terms of sales.

They're also doing a massive tour, so I think it's them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I hope it isn't One Direction :o Hopefully its The Wanted :D
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    One Direction would be nuts to quit now, they have at least 2 more albums in them before the fanbase gets bored, and if they are smart they can extend that by making their sound more mature.

I agree. One Direction definitely have a few more years in them at least.

But other groups like Girls Aloud, the Pussycat Dolls and the Black Eyed Peas took breaks and did solo careers even though they were successful before.

I agree it's a risk. In the case of the Pussycat Dolls, their solo careers (apart from Nicole) haven't been that big, and even Nicole was much, much bigger as part of the Pussycat Dolls than she is by herself, they really shouldn't have split up.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd laugh if it ends up being Blue or something.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think it'll be The Saturdays...:o
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it is The Wanted that are breaking up please!!!!!!!!!! Can't stand them!!!

From Hayley
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope it's The Wanted or One Direction. I can't stand either of them. I'd be sad if it was The Saturdays as I'm a big fan of them.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Probably The Saturdays or One Direction.

I hope it's neither mainly because if One Direction split then the haters have got exactly what they wanted and The Saturdays released the summer anthem "What About Us" this year so I think they can do better and better and I'd miss their music I think.

The only group I'd be devasted if they split is Little Mix but I think 2014 will see them continue to grow and get bigger around the world :D so I doubt it's them.
  • Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell has hinted that One Direction will be taking a year off so I guess it could be them having 2015 off.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne MA wrote: »
    Simon Cowell has hinted that One Direction will be taking a year off so I guess it could be them having 2015 off.

Oh really? Well that could be them for sure then. They certainly fit within the description - they are releasing a new album and are having a large stadium tour in 2014. And it could be very well that they are starting the break in 2014 immediately after the tour.

However, if even one of them gains some success, I bet they would never get back together, just like Nsync never did. They wanted to be solo artists in the first place after all so...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's The Wanted or One Direction. I can't stand either of them. I'd be sad if it was The Saturdays as I'm a big fan of them.

It should be The Wanted and not One Direction because 1D have got a film and a book coming out, a new album on the way and they have a huge stadium tour coming up so I don't think they'll split up - it should be The Wanted who break up for good!!!

From Hayley
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All those little directioner's broken hearts............:D :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No that isn't what the article said. Cowell was referring to Justin Beiber and his antics and said if one of his acts were being overworked (having a meltdown) he would give them a year off. He didn't mention the act by name but I guess as they are the hardest working at the moment he was meaning them.

I thought 1D were locked into a 5 album deal with a huge bonus if they get to the end of it so not sure is them

Could be the wanted seen as they don't look like they are setting the charts on fire. This could be a way out for them and saving face at the same time
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was The Saturdays until I noticed the "huge tour" bit. It could be The Wanted. Their plan to crack America didn't really happen and their single sales seem to be dropping in the UK as well. So maybe they fancy having a break. Solo projects doesn't necessarily mean music.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I thought it was The Saturdays until I noticed the "huge tour" bit. It could be The Wanted. Their plan to crack America didn't really happen and their single sales seem to be dropping in the UK as well. So maybe they fancy having a break. Solo projects doesn't necessarily mean music.

the wanted, huge tour? as guests of justin bieber maybe :rolleyes:
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That or The Sugababes
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Take That or The Sugababes

If its the Sugababes that could be about dozen solo projects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    the wanted, huge tour? as guests of justin bieber maybe :rolleyes:

Nice one abrightyz - TW I don't think will EVER come near the huge success of the amazing 1D!!!!!!!!!!

From Hayley