Screen Protectors?

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone use them? I find them fiddly to put on and just wondering whether to bother or not.

Comments

• Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Anyone use them? I find them fiddly to put on and just wondering whether to bother or not.

depends on the phone and how careful you are. Gorilla glass is good but will still scratch .......

I keep telling myself I wont bother but I always do ......
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    depends on the phone and how careful you are. Gorilla glass is good but will still scratch .......

I keep telling myself I wont bother but I always do ......

Not sure if I have gorilla glass - it's an Xperia U.

It's just hard to know what the best way to keep it is - in a case or with a rubber skin...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on how much you want to look after your phone. Some people aren't bothered by scratches and see it as general wear and tear. Others, (like me), want to keep their phone scratch free and even it has gorilla glass it will still scratch.

I always use Zagg InvisibleSHIELD screen protectors, they are probably the most expensive screen protectors on the market but come with a lifetime replacement warranty and are the only screen protector I seem to be able to apply without any bubbles or faults.
    Unlike other plastic screen protectors the Zagg protectors are like a rubbery film which you then spray with the supplied applicator liquid, (which is basically filtered distilled water), you can then apply the protector to the phone and push all the liquid and bubbles out with the supplied rubber squeegee. If you make a mistake you can just peel it off, spray on some additional liquid and start again. Leave it to dry off and cure for a few hours and you'll hardly notice it's there. They have a slightly matt orange peel finish to them which helps keep down fingerprint marks and smears.

They are expensive but well worth paying extra for.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Well there pointless IMO

ive never had a Screen shield on my iPhones and i never noticed a scratch.

Always put a shield on the back of the phone though.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Well there pointless IMO

ive never had a Screen shield on my iPhones and i never noticed a scratch.

Always put a shield on the back of the phone though.

Do you keep your phone in your bag or pocket?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can never put them on without getting air bubbles no matter how careful I am so I don't bother now. But I haven't scratched a phone screen in years.
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put one on my desire hd 2 years ago and can't even tell its there. First one I've had but if I sell it it'll make it more appealing I reckon.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Never use one......If you are the sort that chucks their phone into pockets or bags with keys, coins etc I doubt you would be worried by a few scratches anyway......Under normal usage over 4 years using iPhone and Androids, I've never had a scratched screen.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Where do you carry your phone then? :confused:
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Where do you carry your phone then? :confused:

Pockets......Not the one with the change and keys in though....That would just be beyond stupid eh?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    But these modern large but thin phones won't fit in my pockets. Or would snap if I sat down. I suppose it works if you have large flabby thighs and buttocks? :p
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    But these modern large but thin phones won't fit in my pockets. Or would snap if I sat down. I suppose it works if you have large flabby thighs and buttocks? :p

You'll be OK carrying it in your handbag if you are careful....:p
    Forum Member
    Lol :D
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Do you keep your phone in your bag or pocket?

Pocket. Sorry about the delayed response.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Pocket. Sorry about the delayed response.

You couldnt get the dam thing out of youre pocket :D:)
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this wet application skin protector by Skinomi on my Nexus 4 atm. I would feel gutted if I scratched my phone.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think they were naff and pointless until...........

I got my Iphone , and in the first hour ,I put the phone in the cradle whilst i was driving , hit a pot hole , the Iphone leapt out of the cradle onto the floor of my truck

I pulled over,I was gutted the screen was scratched,very badly,the rest of the day I was mighty peeved.

When I got home,my son peeled back the screen saver and it was the plastic protector that was scratched,I was mighty relieved

I would never have a decent phone now without a protector
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had one on my Galaxy Note 2 but removed it as it makes the S-Pen feel strange on the screen, makes it almost grip more than it should.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can never put them on without getting air bubbles no matter how careful I am so I don't bother now. But I haven't scratched a phone screen in years.

Do you just buy the cheapest ones (under £7) as I found they are a nightmare to get on without bubbles etc.

When I've bought the more expensive ones they always go on without a problem.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After inadvertently scratching an old windows mobile phone with a stylus, I would never ever not protect my screens now.

Plus the resale value I've got on perfect screens has been fantastic.