I think it's catchy but her vocals sound pitched to a deeper tone:confused:
Thoughts?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her vocals seem fine to me.

The song? Hmm i don't know. Could be a grower
    Anyone know who produced it? Gwen normally goes for the less predictable producers on her previous albums. I don't want her music being ruined by Calvin, Guetta or Will.I.AM
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her style, so I really wanted to like the song, but it doesn't do that much for me. It's a bit boring and personality deprived. It could be by anyone. It reminds me of Shakira who I've never been that big on. I like her more guitar flavored stuff with No Doubt. I don't really care for the R&B/rap flavoured stuff. I guess her voice is an acquired taste. I don't care for it on this track.
    She's kind of reached a point where she's more famous for being famous and how she looks than the actual music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I think it is definitely a grower. It was 'Alright' on the first listen but now I'm finding myself singing a long to the chorus. But it was the same for 'What Are You Waiting For' so it's a good sign for me personally.

The lyrics are definitely the weakest aspect of the song but I'm loving the production behind it. So it was no surprise when I found out that it was produced by Ryan Tedder and Benny Blanco. They're probably the busiest producers at the moment and the go to guys lately.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been removed :( I'm intrigued to listen to it though! I wish No Doubt released more music, Settle Down is one of my most favourite songs now :cool:
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been removed :( I'm intrigued to listen to it though! I wish No Doubt released more music, Settle Down is one of my most favourite songs now :cool:

They've been recording an album this year so they'll be back soon!

I only heard it once and it was OK, better than some of the stuff from the Sweet Escape album and a little No Doubtness to it so good luck to here.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been recording an album this year so they'll be back soon!

I only heard it once and it was OK, better than some of the stuff from the Sweet Escape album and a little No Doubtness to it so good luck to here.

Finally given it a listen :cool: I love it! Definitely one of my favourite songs this year and more No Doubt is even better :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I love Gwen but I'm not crazy about this, sadly.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Loved no doubt .... Loved Gwen solo ..... comeback no doubt album was poor and rightly flopped. This single is a step in the right direction ... And her vocals are deeper for the chorus than usual ...It's a grower....love the artwork too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    U can pre order it uk itunes for a release of the 11th January thats gotta b wrong isnt it
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Andy18 wrote: »
    U can pre order it uk itunes for a release of the 11th January thats gotta b wrong isnt it

its right and its ridiculous! this keeps happening now, why is the UK so different?? a song becomes a hit everywhere else but the UK has to wait months to download it. its bizarre!

our market is all wrong. i blame Radio One !!! the biggest radio station in the country only hops on a 'foreign' song if its been a hit elsewhere.
    it does not matter for Gwen anyway, as she will be deemed 'too old' for the station and they will not play it anyway !! rant over.

this affects me personally in no way though, as i have already downloaded the song, using itunes.. USA :D this has been my primary itunes for over a year now. :cool:
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved no doubt .... Loved Gwen solo ..... comeback no doubt album was poor and rightly flopped. This single is a step in the right direction ... And her vocals are deeper for the chorus than usual ...It's a grower....love the artwork too!

I love Gwen, but I kind of feel the opposite. I loved the last No Doubt album regardless of the fact it flopped. I don't like this single too much. It's kind of like every other song on the radio now and lacks personality. But I guess that gives it a better chance of being successful now than the sound she does with No Doubt. But I agree the artwork is beautiful.
    But that's the way I kind of feel about Gwen most of the time. I like her style and the idea of her, more than the actual music a lot of the time.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a listen of this on You Tube. I think it's quite good but I disliked whatever the main sound is in the chorus. However I do think it is less quirky than her other stuff and I could be mistaken in to thinking it was someone else. I think it's quite a solid pop song and there is something about it that reminds me of a watered down and more upbeat element of the Te Amo (Rihanna) tune.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is nothing until the chorus and the video is awful. Gwen looks good though. It's not a bad song, its just a bit of a baffling lead single decision.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the same verse repeated over and over again? Confusing. It might grow on me but at the minute the only good bit is the post-chorus instrumentally bit for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of Gwen's older stuff has been a little quirky (yet good quality) for my tastes, but really like this.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright, kinda average but no one's bothered by quality these days it seems....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this! I think it's amazing, similar to Gwen's old stuff but modern and fresh. The music video is flawless, she is so beautiful, when of the best artists ever.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    She's a bit old for all this now. Good on her for giving it another go.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still tinged with that dancehall sound ND and Gwen became too obsessed with so I don't think it sounds as generic as people are saying. There are certainly some EDM parts though to play to the masses.