Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they will use the corridor type prison or will they use a traditional prison like they have in say Porridge with a two floor set up?
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I wonder if they will try and base the new show around a top dog character like Bea Smith or go for a Joan Ferguson bent screw let's hope it's not based around the last season and a dull character like Rita Connors.

The only reason it ended really was because they had run out of ideas for Ferguson and didn't know how to move on with her in the show and without her in the show.

Yes, the new series, Wentworth will be about Bea Smith.

Although, played by a different actress, and set in the present day.

I think it's a massive mistake to make it about Bea Smith, because Bea is far too much of an old fashioned character to resonate with a young, modern audience. But there you go, that's what there doing.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's a massive mistake to make it about Bea Smith, because Bea is far too much of an old fashioned character to resonate with a young, modern audience. But there you go, that's what there doing.

When they bring in a Joan Ferguson character you know the ratings are bad and it's on it's knees.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they will use the corridor type prison or will they use a traditional prison like they have in say Porridge with a two floor set up?

No idea. I'd like to see what 'Prisoner' would look like in a more traditional prison. It would be good if they use different locations for different blocks, so we can see both and it would give the series a bit of variety.

Like Oz had Em City and Unit B.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they bring in a Joan Ferguson character you know the ratings are bad and it's on it's knees.

Maybe when it starts off, it'll already have a Joan Ferguson type character.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    I'm on episode 213 . I've never seen the whole series so hopefully I'll make it this time. Part of the fun for me is spotting all the same props (that bloody decanter set, the red teapot) that appear in all the houses and the same faces that appear (Reyno as an offficer!)! Sad I know but it's funny! :o

We also count how many times Mrs Davidson or the others say 'Very well!' :D

Or "that will be all.":D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Maybe when it starts off, it'll already have a Joan Ferguson type character.

Yates and Vinegar Tits.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah as it sounds more like a prequel shouldn't Vera be the main villian?

Still not sure about this remake but I'm intrigued to see how they do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yates and Vinegar Tits.

As far as I know, Bea is the only character to be announced in the reimagining. It's not going to include all the same characters as Prisoner.
    Yeah as it sounds more like a prequel shouldn't Vera be the main villian?

Still not sure about this remake but I'm intrigued to see how they do it.

Nope, it's not a prequel. It's set in the present day. It's a reimagining. :)
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member

Prisoner is my all-time favourite show, but nah, can't see me donning the T-shirt any time soon. Will you be getting one?
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Mine's Lou Kelly

Yes, really :p

Another vote for Lou Kelly here. She and Reb Kean are my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope, it's not a prequel. It's set in the present day. It's a reimagining. :)

Still sounds naff to me :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone clear this up for me. Did Patsy King get axed as Governor so they could make way for Ann Reynolds or did Patsy leave of her own accord? I ask this because I have always wondered what the situation was due to Erica returning for guest stints.

I'm currently rewatching and I am up to episode 359. Bea is on the run and has tracked down Doreen while The Freak and Nora are running Wentworth.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone clear this up for me. Did Patsy King get axed as Governor so they could make way for Ann Reynolds or did Patsy leave of her own accord? I ask this because I have always wondered what the situation was due to Erica returning for guest stints.

I'm currently rewatching and I am up to episode 359. Bea is on the run and has tracked down Doreen while The Freak and Nora are running Wentworth.

I'm sure I read somewhere (this Forum?) that Patsy King was axed because the Producers wanted to introduce storylines involving the Governor's life outside of Wentworth and felt that Patsy King lacked the, um, acting skills to pull these storylines off therefore they replaced her with an actress with more emotional range.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I read somewhere (this Forum?) that Patsy King was axed because the Producers wanted to introduce storylines involving the Governor's life outside of Wentworth and felt that Patsy King lacked the, um, acting skills to pull these storylines off therefore they replaced her with an actress with more emotional range.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is the first I have heard of this but I had a feeling something had gone down.

Erica was way better than Ann. What an insult!

A load of characters all seem to leave around the same time. This is when I feel the show started to lose its way. It did get more dramatic though.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Ive not watched Neighbours for years Lost interest in it but today it was on I was sort of watching it when a blond woman come on . I thought I know that voice then it dawned on me it was only Doreen Burns off Cell Block :D
    Might start watching it again
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Erica was a bit one dimensional tbh whereas Ann, as a character, was quite interesting and fitted in well.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Erica was a bit one dimensional tbh whereas Ann, as a character, was quite interesting and fitted in well.

Gerda Nicholson (Ann Reynolds - Governor) actually passed away from a stroke at a young age almost 20 years ago to the week, on 12th June 1992, and I only found out about a year ago. Considering ITV were showing PCBH from 1989 to 1996 she must have become governor of Wentworth about this time I would guess, which is dreadfully sad to think I was watching and enjoying her role, without knowing such a tragedy had taken her life so suddenly.
    Very sad indeed.
    :cry:
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Ive not watched Neighbours for years Lost interest in it but today it was on I was sort of watching it when a blond woman come on . I thought I know that voice then it dawned on me it was only Doreen Burns off Cell Block :D
    Might start watching it again

Good God I must take a peek. I loved the scene she did with Bea Smith in the cinema, when Bea had escaped and Doreen was being trailed by some dozy plain clothed female cop who was hoping that Doreen would lead them to Bea's whereabouts. Pure comedy value! :D

Chatting about Prisoner: Cell Block H at 4 in the morning, I must need banging up pronto! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved Erica and Ann in equal messure but have a soft spot for Erica because she was the original.

It is very sad that Gerda died so young.

Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Good God I must take a peek. I loved the scene she did with Bea Smith in the cinema, when Bea had escaped and Doreen was being trailed by some dozy plain clothed female cop who was hoping that Doreen would lead them to Bea's whereabouts. Pure comedy value! :D

Chatting about Prisoner: Cell Block H at 4 in the morning, I must need banging up pronto! :eek:

Hehe I just watched the episode yesterday too!! :D

Also Fiona Spence who played Vera Bennet is returning to her Home & Away role later in the year. :D
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

Dont worry RichTea theres nothing to be ashamed there is no set time to chat about Cell Block :D
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is also dead, which doesn't really help matters :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    She is also dead, which doesn't really help matters :)

When that happened I had an idea...:D
    Bea shoved her false teeth in another Body..it happened long before DNA profiling..

'she died in a fire' all that remains are her dentures so it must be her...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerda Nicholson (Ann Reynolds - Governor) actually passed away from a stroke at a young age almost 20 years ago to the week, on 12th June 1992, and I only found out about a year ago. Considering ITV were showing PCBH from 1989 to 1996 she must have become governor of Wentworth about this time I would guess, which is dreadfully sad to think I was watching and enjoying her role, without knowing such a tragedy had taken her life so suddenly.
    Very sad indeed.
    :cry:
    Gerda Nicholson became governor in 1983 until the series end in 1986, she went on to do a few guest roles in other Australian soaps with one of her last apperances being as a love interest for Harold in Neighbours. Her time in PCBH was long over at the time of her death. It was very sad that she was taken so young and as you say many of us watching the show didnt know.

As an actress I did prefer Gerda Nicholson and Ann was a much more rounded character than Erica. Anne had boyfriends, family issues and a life outside of Wentworth where as we didnt see much of this with Erica, nor do I think Patsy King could have really pulled those kind of stories off.