Film on tonight

JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Five past midnight on Ch4. Title, Catfish. Well worth a look - stay with it as it starts slowly and gets going. Definitely merits its many stars.

Comments

• shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Just had a quick read about this film and it sounds quite intriguing,right up my street ..will be recording to watch alone as dont think anyone else in the family would appreciate this..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great film and highly recommended.
    Very topical, and a little bit sad as well. Very much a sign of our times...

I'm still undecided (as well as most of the online population it seems) as to whether it is 100% true or not...

Be interesting to see what other people think...
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Pretty good, but there's another, similar documentary called Tallhotblond which is even better!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intruder2k wrote: »
    Pretty good, but there's another, similar documentary called Tallhotblond which is even better!

Yeah. I saw that. Wasn't it a C4 "Cutting Edge" or "True Stories" presentation or something?
    Both good films in their own right though.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it as I heard about the upcoming MTV series where the star gets lots of mail from other people having online relationships wondering if they are catfish and he goes and investigates. Some are real some not. Haven't heard a date yet for MTV UK.

PJ
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I found it as I heard about the upcoming MTV series where the star gets lots of mail from other people having online relationships wondering if they are catfish and he goes and investigates. Some are real some not. Haven't heard a date yet for MTV UK.

The series starts on 21st January on MTV UK.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series starts on 21st January on MTV UK.

Nice one thanks.

I do agree with some people reviewing the film that it could easily be a fake documentary in that it was odd they didn't just Google search in the first place and were filming it before it was meant to have got interesting.

I think the series looks more promising. I did enjoy the film, just not as much as I hoped.

PJ