Suits Season 2 (UK pace)

SARAOSARAO Posts: 20
Forum Member
Does anyone know when this will start on Dave?

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Sky Never Miss service so it usually flags it up a week beforehand .. no news yet ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep checking for this too, I loved it!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    I've already seen it. Jack Sparrow & all that.... It's great.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Sky Never Miss service so it usually flags it up a week beforehand .. no news yet ..

Me too.

I absolutely love this programme. :)
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It started in the US, but then went on one of those stupid mid season breaks they always do. Wont now be back on in the US until January so I wouldn't expect it on UK tv until sometime next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that's the one advantage of having to wait for it - at least we don't get loads of silly breaks along the way.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Indeed ^

I'd guess a January start again.
    Forum Member
    Some good news - it's been renewed for a 3rd season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Some good news - it's been renewed for a 3rd season.

Amazing! But we haven't seen season 2 yet right? Or am I a season behind (confused)
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 hasn't aired in the UK yet but already started showing in the US before going on a ridiculously long mid season break.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    After season 1 finished on Dave this spring, Dave said that season 2 would start airing this year (2012). However it won't be until at least the end of November as the UKTV listings up to mid November have already be decided.

Hopefully the delay will mean that we can see the whole season in 1 go unlike the US who have to wait until January to send the end of season 2. Great news that suits has been picked up for a 3rd season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's got a 3rd season because I remember a few shows that have had absurdly long mid-season breaks and have gone on to be cancelled because fans just don't go back to them.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,841
    Forum Member
    Any news on this yet, anyone? You guys are usually very well informed. I got into Series 1 quite late in the day, when it was repeated on Dave this summer and was hooked. Any updates gratefully received.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

I emailed UKTV in September asking when Season 2 of this beyond brilliant programme would be shown and here is the answer I received :-

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your email.

The reason why we can't confirm whether we will be showing season 2 of Suits yet is because we have not yet bought the rights to it. We are really keen to bid for the rights however it is too early to say at the moment. We think it is a great show too, and so we will make announcements as soon as we know more on our website / channel.

We are sorry we cannot provide any more specific information regarding the series at the moment.

Kind regards

The UKTV Team

I had already asked them when it was returning and they said that they couldn't give me a date so I asked them to confirm that they definitely would be showing it. Goodness knows whether there has been any progress since then but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for that annie. slightly concerning that they don't currently have the rights though.

still, probably a good thing to wait since S2 is on one of their ridiculous mid-season hiatuses that lasts bloody months ..
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much for posting that, anniep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    My pleasure Jason and AKFE, I just wish it was better news.
    Forum Member
    I had been under the assumption that UKTV had secured the rights after it had Dave's best ratings, well before Red Dwarf X
    Forum Member
    Suits season 2 is set to return on Thursday January 24th at 9pm on Dave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thetvking wrote: »
    Suits season 2 is set to return on Thursday January 24th at 9pm on Dave.

Nice :)

Annie must have persuaded them to buy the rights a bit sharpish ..
    Forum Member
    Gah. That'll clash with The Good Wife :(

Hope one of them has a decent repeat slot.
    Forum Member
    Well Dave Ja Vu the Dave+1 is launching on channel 25(freeview) in January. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and you can pick up some cheap freeview recorders on ebay as well ..
    Forum Member
    thetvking wrote: »
    Well Dave Ja Vu the Dave+1 is launching on channel 25(freeview) in January. :)

I thought we already had Dave Ja Vu on Freeview? Did it go away and they are bringing it back again?

So happy we have Suits and The Good Wife to look forward to in the new year, anyway!
    Forum Member
    Dave Ja Vu is on Freeview, but only runs from 2am to 4am? It used to run the same hours as Dave when it first launched on Freeview, but I think Really took its broadcast time. UKTV will only be using Dave Ja Vu temporarily before launching a new to freeview channel. Hopefully Alibi or Watch.