Celebrities who have just vanished into thin air?

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's filming on 2nd series of Mount Pleasant at the moment.

Edit: Liza Tarbuck this is about! I don't know how to do multi quote.

i haven't seen that, but good to know she is still doing tv. i enjoy her shows on the radio.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Trinny & Susanna - they were everywhere about 5 years ago.

Dread to think how much ITV paid these two, they handed them a massive 'exclusive' deal, when it was obvious to everybody that the viewers were already tired of their one-dimensional act. Looking at Wikipedia they seem to have done very little since 2007/2008, and were last seen in a 'online series' in 2010...which basically is code word for 'not even one of the many satellite channels will give us a gig, so here we are on a webcam':D
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    wakey wrote: »
    Natasha performed on Dancing With The Stars a few weeks back

Her career seems to have been totally mis-manged. If I remember things correctly she released an album in the UK in 2006/2007...the critical opinion was mixed, so she took the good songs from it and added a few more and changed the title and released it America only...where it was a modest hit.

Since then she's stayed over there and had a few more minor hits, but has completely ignored her home market, which is the 2nd or 3rd biggest music market in the world:confused:

on a similar theme, Joss Stone went to America as a teenager from the West Country, came back with a comedy accent...and has been anonymous ever since.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    John sp?McCiirick. Horse racing commentator.

Micheal Buerk.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

Micheal Buerk.

Michael Buerk was all doom and gloom when he was a newsreader.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dread to think how much ITV paid these two, they handed them a massive 'exclusive' deal, when it was obvious to everybody that the viewers were already tired of their one-dimensional act. Looking at Wikipedia they seem to have done very little since 2007/2008, and were last seen in a 'online series' in 2010...which basically is code word for 'not even one of the many satellite channels will give us a gig, so here we are on a webcam':D

Glad to see the back of them !
    Forum Member
    Michael Buerk was all doom and gloom when he was a newsreader.

I remember him from 999, which was nearly as bad as crimewatch for nightmares!
    Forum Member
    A lot of the cast from TTIAO. Until I saw Nick Hancock on Breakout I hadn't seen him in years. The tall bald buy. The Rory chap. Nigel from Pop Idol. Pete Waterman. The blonde woman - Nicky? Nadia Swalha. Martin kemp.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him from 999, which was nearly as bad as crimewatch for nightmares!

999 was brilliant.I have the theme tune in my head now.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    She will most probably guest star in the new Dallas series..Keep eyes peeled :D
    Talking of Dallas, the careers of Victoria Principal, Charlene 'poison dwarf' Tilton and Linda Gray all launched and disappeared with that show. I'd loved to have wrestled little Charlene in her hey day. Such a shame!! :D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    A lot of the cast from TTIAO. Until I saw Nick Hancock on Breakout I hadn't seen him in years. The tall bald buy. The Rory chap. Nigel from Pop Idol. Pete Waterman. The blonde woman - Nicky? Nadia Swalha. Martin kemp.
    Nadia often stands-in for Lorraine Kelly. Does others things as well. She's on TV all the time!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Michael Barrymore
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Micheal Buerk.
    Whether or not he's a lovely chap in real life, John McCririck came across as totally unlikeable with some questionable personal hygene habits in Big Brother and Wife Swap.
    I'm guessing that accounts for the cliff-fall in TV appearances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie Grantham and Michael Barrymore and good riddance to both of them:eek:
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Parks
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Barrymore

This is what Wikipedia's saying about his time after Celebrity Big Brother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Barrymore#After_Big_Brother
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie Grantham and Michael Barrymore and good riddance to both of them:eek:

From Wikipedia:
    From the 28 November to the 11 December 2010, Grantham appeared as Ebenezer Scrooge in the Lincoln Theatre Royals performance of A Christmas Carol. He portrayed the main character John in the Bulgarian TV series The English Neighbour, based on the novel of the same name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Grantham#Life_after_EastEnders:_2005.E2.80.93present
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's filming on 2nd series of Mount Pleasant at the moment.

Edit: Liza Tarbuck this is about! I don't know how to do multi quote.

Also Bobby Ball of Cannon and Ball was in this playing Sally Lindsays Dad.
    Forum Member
    The bald guy who co=presented on Working Lunch (I assume wl was disbanded years ago)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Also Bobby Ball of Cannon and Ball was in this playing Sally Lindsays Dad.

Yeah, according to Wikipedia he's had work now and again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether or not he's a lovely chap in real life, John McCririck came across as totally unlikeable

Trust me he isn't any more lovely in real life, it was very accurate
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happend to Mr Motivator.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happend to Mr Motivator.

still wearing the same Lycra outfits no doubt :)
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Micheal Buerk.

He narates Pineapple Dance Studios and his dead pan style was brilliant for it.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike Morris from TV-AM. He literally never appeared on tv again. Does he still have the 'tache ?