Any experience with Samsung laptops?

Hi,
Has anybody any experience with Samsung laptops and would you recommend them?
The model I am looking at is the Samsung NP-RF511-A01UK Laptop, Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Black.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231497031/Product.aspx

Very grateful for any advice. :)

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Had one which was 2-3 years old and found it very good – nice screen, easy to type on…would certainly look at a Samsung again if I was in the market for a laptop
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had an R780 for just over a year. Very pleased. The built-in speakers are very poor so you might want to consider getting some externals, and there was a lot of junkware pre-installed (which is near univeral practice sadly) otherwise excellent.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often heard good reviews about Samsung laptops.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Thank You.
    Sounds good, I think I'll go for it.:)
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a R780, one of early 64bit ones & decided on a i3 cpu as I don't need more than that ... had it since mid 2010 & zero problems so far ... notice the NP-RF511 has a rather weedy screen resolution, 1366x768 ... I would have picked a similar size screen samsung if they came with 1600x900 (or better)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had an R590 since Sept 2010 and it's the best laptop I've ever had and I've had a few over the years.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncle has had a Samsung laptop for three years now and hasn't had any trouble with it
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My dad was going to get one but he chose an Acer instead. I think they're quite good laptops and if I hadn't got a Macbook I would have got a Samsung laptop. I think they're a very good brand. Same with TVs. I know someone who has a Samsung TV and the picture quality on it (even on SD channels) is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a R730 Samsung laptop. The warranty ran out 10 days after 1 year warranty had finished, but they took it back and gave me a new hard drive and motherboard and sent it back to me free of charge.

I had a problem with an Acer computer overheating all the time and Acer refused to fix it after it's warranty had ran out. Eventually got it sorted through PC World after getting an Engineer's report to say that it was a Nividia graphics chip at fault. In the end got a partial refund from PC World as it was a common fault with that Chip and went to Argos to buy this Samsung that I am using at the moment.

My son has a R510 and it is over 2 years old and still going strong and he loves it.