Once Upon A Time - Season 2 (UK)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just a false alarm people. OUAT is back Sunday 14 July, 8pm, Channel 5. Confirmed in Dancc's press pack, as posted in the Ratings Thread. :)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    It was just a false alarm people. OUAT is back Sunday 14 July, 8pm, Channel 5. Confirmed in Dancc's press pack, as posted in the Ratings Thread. :)

Still reason for concern - those viewing figures are terrible.

Sunday at 8pm is the right timeslot, but the wrong time of year IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

Sunday at 8pm is the right timeslot, but the wrong time of year IMO.

I very much agree. Autumn seems a much better fit for the show, in my opinion. Those cold winter nights watching the cold Cora and Regina...:D
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least its only a weeks break, then onto the final 9 episodes.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    The timing is a real problem atm. For these first two seasons, 5 has only started airing them when the US transmission is near over, which is kinda annoying.

If they pick up the third season, they have an opportunity to air it at US pace, because it is being made as 2 distinct mini-seasons of 11 episodes each, aired in straight 11 week runs - one in the Autumn and another in the Spring. That way 5 could simply have a gap of a week between US and UK airing.

Or they can start airing season 3 in January so that they'll have caught up with the US by the time of the full finale.
    Forum Member
    January is best - US pace is irritating as f**k.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    US pace is irritating as f**k.

This. Bloody awful concept.

It just doesn't make sense in this modern always-connected digital era either.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the story of Jack and the Beanstalk this week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Evil Queen is back!!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love a good looking villianess!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Evil Queen is back!!

Much as I want to see her [eventually] redeem herself, I can't see I haven't missed her Evil Queen persona! :D

Anton's initial fascination with humans and their worldly items remained me of Ariel's plight in The Little Mermaid.

Poor Belle. Her and Ruby's little friendship is destroyed now too. :(

Charming's brother returning in flashback form. I didn't see that coming.

Gold getting used to the 'lovely' human airport customs [I hate those gate-way scanners].

I'm lovin' the trinity of villains in Hook, Regina and Cora. Storybrooke won't know what's gonna hit it! :eek:

Generous Anton is just like Hurley in Lost. Always trying to help people, and being used in return. :(

Ohhh, Regina super-sizing Anton to help him kill Charming!

Aha. I thought magic would turn out to be contained within Storybrooke's vicinity post season 1 finale. Gold's inability to use magic at the airport proved that [maybe?].

'She's kinda out of town' Oops, Snow. :p

Cold, James. :mad: You could've at least been there as Jack died.

New magic beans to be grown at Storybrooke, eh. Many new worlds are possible to be visited in the future now...

Snow didn't look so happy at the prospect of returning 'home'!

Yay, Anton joins the 7 Dwarfs as Tiny! :)

'Greg' stirring up things with Belle. What is he up to...

Charming: 'Almost getting killed is fun' Snow: 'Yeahhh?' :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, most ridiculous rescue ever!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    4 people would struggle to lift that guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    sorry, most ridiculous rescue ever!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No wonder it was so short a scene.
    4 people would struggle to lift that guy.

Yet alone Charming with one arm. :o
  • tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really annoyed that I couldn't remember where I had seen the leader of the giants before. Then it hit me - he was in ER practically right from the beginning. He played Jerry who was, what? - porter/admin/dogsbody.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why has Gold insisted that Emma accomany him to find his son? I must have missed that bit :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    why has Gold insisted that Emma accomany him to find his son? I must have missed that bit :o

Emma promised him a deal 'when the time comes' for helping Ashley [Cinderella] keep her unborn child [whom she'd promised to Rumpel in FTL for acting the part of her 'Fairy Godmother'] in episode 4 of season 1 'The Price of Gold'. :)

Besides that, he knows David and Snow are capable of holding out against the likes of Cora and Hook for awhile. No one yet knows that it's now a dangerous trinity [whether Regina is playing a Long Con on her mother or not]...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Emma promised him a deal 'when the time comes' for helping Ashley [Cinderella] keep her unborn child [whom she'd promised to Rumpel in FTL for acting the part of her 'Fairy Godmother'] in episode 4 of season 1 'The Price of Gold'. :)
    Besides that, he knows David and Snow are capable of holding out against the likes of Cora and Hook for awhile. No one yet knows that it's now a dangerous trinity [whether Regina is playing a Long Con on her mother or not]...

thanks - I may have missed that episode is it really doesnt ring a bell at all :o:o
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why they have named the new character after Gregor Mendel? Is he going to be investigating genetic differences between the population of Storybrooke and the general population?

And I've only just watched the previous episode and was baffled by the range of accents within Victor Frankenstein's family!

About Belle ... I thought when one of the dwarfs went over the town line, he lost his memories of Fairyland but kept his memories of his "normal" life in Storybrooke, but does Belle remember anything at all about anything? Has she got a Storybrooke name, for instance? I'm wondering whether her amnesia could be caused by a bang on the head rather than crossing the town line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    About Belle ... I thought when one of the dwarfs went over the town line, he lost his memories of Fairyland but kept his memories of his "normal" life in Storybrooke, but does Belle remember anything at all about anything? Has she got a Storybrooke name, for instance? I'm wondering whether her amnesia could be caused by a bang on the head rather than crossing the town line.

I can't remember exactly what he said to her upon her sudden re-appearance, but Good must've surely exclaimed 'Belle!' when she walked into his shop at the end of season 1? :confused:

She didn't deny it as her name [and tbh, Regina wasn't expecting to have her released ever, so why bother rewriting her memories fully like everyone else anyway?]

28 years in a cell. It's any wonder she was still fully 'with it' at all really. :(

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with her [and Greg] in the remaining season 2 eps!
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly, it's no surprise to me to see that the ratings are poor and have also fallen in the USA.

After the sheer brilliance fo the first series, the second series has been a huge let down imho.:( It very much reminds of the way Lost went downhill in it's second series after the near perfect first one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is OUAT not on this evening :eek::eek: I can't find it on my TV guide :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    Nope...back next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    argh!!!!!!!!!!

Why???????

Thanks tho :)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,681
    Forum Member
    What a weird episode that was. Looked more like "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang" to me :D