Is the industry missing a new mixed gender pop group?

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really think the industry should have a new gender pop group? In the day, we had S Club 7 (and S Club Juniors) and Steps. I really think the music industry needs a new mixed gender pop group.

Imo.. The music doesn't have to be as cheesy as S Club 7 back in the day hence what the music industry is like today.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    No, we don't need one.

That particular kind of cheesy pop has had it's day for quite a long time. Thank goodness.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo.. The music doesn't have to be as cheesy as S Club 7 back in the day .

Imo, S Club 7's music was underrated

:o:o
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's why I liked Six-D so much but they flopped so maybe the uk isn't ready for another mixed gender pop group yet or maybe we will have to wait 'til The X Factor creates one.

But tbf there are a few mixed gender groups around like N-Dubz, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry and even the Glee Cast.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah mixed gendered pop groups were all the rage back in the day. I think kids would think it would be pretty uncool now because theyre used to the likes of Rihana and Katy Perry but these things come in cycles so we might have one in a few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the industry missing one? Yes.

Does anyone care? No.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if same gender groups like One Direction, The Saturdays, JLS, Girls Aloud etc can still exist, then surely mixed gender groups can exist too. I have looked up Six D and saw them as quite chavvy and I don't like their music.

If a mixed gender group could do songs like e.g. a combidation of 1D/JLS and The Saturdays/Girls Aloud, that could make the mixed group work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    We have Steps back. Why not support them instead of wishing rivals on them. Rivals that would probably be nowhere near as good as them in terms of likeability or musical quality.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Hear'Say and Liberty X :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »

Liberty X have reformed for that ITV2 show The Big Reunion - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a431534/atomic-kitten-5ive-bwitched-911-more-to-reunite-for-itv2-show.html
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    There are far too many brainless pop acts around as it is.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll have one sooner or later.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the dreadful, awful, painful, pooh-filled X-Factor not tried that one yet?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the dreadful, awful, painful, pooh-filled X-Factor not tried that one yet?

There have been a few throughout the 9 series.

There was a duo of one boy and one girl in the last series, they were dire though and were voted out relatively early.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »

Oh please not Hear'Say! They were rubbish. I liked them for a while when I was 11 but their songs just sound so naff and dated now. I loved Liberty X though. In fact I was obsessed with them back in the day :D
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think the industry should have a new gender pop group? In the day, we had S Club 7 (and S Club Juniors) and Steps. I really think the music industry needs a new mixed gender pop group.

Imo.. The music doesn't have to be as cheesy as S Club 7 back in the day hence what the music industry is like today.

No.....