Playing Minecraft too much has caused 'burn in' on LCD TV!

deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
Forum Member
After I had finished playing Minecraft on my 360 last night, I switched back to the 360 Dashboard and I am 100% certain that i could still see a 'burn in' image of the boxes, along the bottom where your inventory goes, still showing on the Dashboard...?!

I was under the impression that it was only plasma TVs that get this but it seems that my Samsung 28" LCD (LEBDX series) has also suffered as well.....! Its not a new tv - its quite an old model which I bought when HD LCDs were all the rage back in the day...!

Any cures anybody ( apart from not playing Minecraft anymore:rolleyes:)

Comments

• TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should clear up by itself after a few hours of inactivity. If you monitor is getting on, it will cause this to happen.
    I have a 7 yr 32'' Samsung LCD TV that has this problem, but after a few hours, it's back to normal.

My daughter loves that game. I cant seen to get into it myself.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, unlike CRT screens this form of 'burn in' usually disappears after a different image has been displayed for a period of time. If you have something connected with a screensaver or colour-cycling display it can 'massage' the LCD back to normal ;)
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    Yeah, unlike CRT screens this form of 'burn in' usually disappears after a different image has been displayed for a period of time. If you have something connected with a screensaver or colour-cycling display it can 'massage' the LCD back to normal ;)

...hmm - lets hope so!!

Will check on it again tonight!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this at the top of my screen three faint lines going right across to form two long bars I guess from all the time I leave my browser open it will never go :)