Which Xbox One exclusive are you least anticipating?

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Rather than ask what you're most looking forward to I thought it would be interesting to read what is the exclusive game(s) you're not really all that fussed about?

I'm talking mostly about the bigger releases, Forza, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Ryse.

For me it's actually Dead Rising 3, I like the look of the game and I enjoy the series (though they're tough and unforgiving games) and this looks like the natural evolution with the toning down of the cartoon aesthetic and the removal of the timer in normal mode but it's just not exciting me in the same way as Forza but more importantly Ryse. Maybe it's because all they've shown is mindless action with absolutely no storyline? I don't think that was the smartest choice personally.

As for Ryse, I wasn't excited about it at E3 but since more footage has been shown it's become my second most anticipated game. Not just because of graphics either, I like the setting and the unique take on combat, these huge detailed characters fighting it out on-screen with heavy armour and weapons. There's not really been a game quite like it? It reminds me of a modern day remake of Sword of Sodan haha.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to go for Killer Instinct, i'm not familiar with the franchise, but its obviously a big deal for people who like it

Rather than put a lot of resources into getting it right for the fans MS decided to palm it off to shitty developer because it was far more important to have Rare working on a shitty kinect game nobody will care about

Ever since they first announced it, it reeked of MS trying to pretend they are listening to the fans by making a game they always wanted but the reality is they don't give a crap about it, so neither do i

Edit: now to mention it doesn't look at haven't anything apart from sharing footage that can't be done on 360
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'll admit I wasn't too struck on Killer Instinct when it was revealed, don't get me wrong I was over the moon it was announced (it really is a unique fighting game btw) but I felt the cell shaded visuals had lost a lot of it's previous character. As time rolled by though things started to sharpen up, the graphcial improvements between E3 and now alone are huge and some of the best characters have been brought back thankfully. The instinct mode and ultra combo stage changes are pretty sweet.

The tiny roster is a bit of a put off and it's definitely one for the hardcore, those combo's are gonna be tricky to get but from impressions the game plays really good. Fingers crossed the X1 D-pad is up to the task. I'm nearly as excited to get my hands on the original arcade as I am the new game.

Dunno if you've watched some of the 60fps off-screen footage at Gamersyde but there is no way the 360 could pull this game off, the particle effects alone are intense. Also just one point on the development side of things, it is being overseen by Ken Lobb who is largely responsible for the first game, along with other devs who've worked on fighters and they've done tonnes of focus testing within the fighting community, that's the best way to make a fighter rather than behind closed doors and then have to patch/balance things up later on, which I think is partly the reason for the halfhearted impression that MS gave at the reveal. I believe that was all intentional to make the best game they could.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, it's Ryse. It's an undeniably pretty game, but I think the single player mode will be overly linear and scripted while the multiplayer just looks terrible from the footage I've seen. If this was to get 3/10 or 4/10 scores I really wouldn't be shocked.

(Ooooh, this has just given me an idea for a thread. Back in a mo.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Forza 5. Just not into sim racers at all, give me Burnout any day.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Killer Instinct as just can't get into beat em ups & haven't enjoyed one since Powerstone on the Dreamcast
    Forum Member
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »
    Forza 5. Just not into sim racers at all, give me Burnout any day.

We're lacking an arcade racer aren't we.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    We're lacking an arcade racer aren't we.

Need For Speed Rivals? From the trailers and previews it looks almost exactly like a Burnout game in all but name. I loved NFS Most Wanted (and Hot Pursuit), but i'm a bit wary of this one considering that it's not Criterion developing it (although i hear they had some input into the game). It'd be good if the new devs could replicate a Burnout experience though considering Criterion are apparently moving away from racers.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Killer Instinct for me also as i'm not a fan of beat em ups so I very much dout i'd buy this.
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Need For Speed Rivals? From the trailers and previews it looks almost exactly like a Burnout game in all but name. I loved NFS Most Wanted (and Hot Pursuit), but i'm a bit wary of this one considering that it's not Criterion developing it (although i hear they had some input into the game). It'd be good if the new devs could replicate a Burnout experience though considering Criterion are apparently moving away from racers.

True I forgot about that and I was only watching some footage of it yesterday, I guess that says a lot. Not sure how much of it is down to EA but I think Criteron should either move away from racing games altogether or stick to Burnout, the last NFS MW was a pretty horrible game for me with nasty DLC pricing and dodgy handling.

Playing Burnout Revenge on 360 directly after is a real eye-opener, gorgeous visuals and brilliant feel to the cars. What happened??
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse

2 friends of mine (who don't know each other) went to Eurogamer. Whilst they were both full of praise about XBoxOne and PS4, both said the same thing, namely 'Ryse' was the biggest disappointment of the show'
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Ryse

2 friends of mine (who don't know each other) went to Eurogamer. Whilst they were both full of praise about XBoxOne and PS4, both said the same thing, namely 'Ryse' was the biggest disappointment of the show'

Yes I will not be buying Ryse as it's not my sort of game.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Ryse!
    Forum Member
    Surprised at people's apathy towards Ryse if I'm honest, not only is it the one of the most gorgeous looking games around but I totally appreciate it's not just another generic FPS to go along with Forza, but something different, a great setting and could turn out to be quite a unique game. Recent impressions have all been very good too, the game is said to of come a long way since E3. That Gamespot footage from EB expo coupled with the story trailers got me excited anyway.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised at people's apathy towards Ryse if I'm honest, not only is it the one of the most gorgeous looking games around but I totally appreciate it's not just another generic FPS to go along with Forza, but something different, a great setting and could turn out to be quite a unique game. Recent impressions have all been very good too, the game is said to of come a long way since E3. That Gamespot footage from EB expo coupled with the story trailers got me excited anyway.

I'm surprised that your surprised :p

I think it would have been obvious when creating this thread that Ryse would be the game people are wary off. The whole QTE put a lot of people off. And to then in the space of a few months change it to focus less on it should worry people to as that is a lot to change in a short space of time. Something may go wrong or it may just not feel right.

I'm hoping it will be good, but I'm waiting for user reviews first before deciding to get it or not.
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I'm surprised that your surprised :p

I think it would have been obvious when creating this thread that Ryse would be the game people are wary off. The whole QTE put a lot of people off. And to then in the space of a few months change it to focus less on it should worry people to as that is a lot to change in a short space of time. Something may go wrong or it may just not feel right.

I'm hoping it will be good, but I'm waiting for user reviews first before deciding to get it or not.

They didn't change the way the game played, the just altered the way QTE prompts are seen on screen.
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's Killer Instinct i was put off with fighting games after playing Soul Calibur 5 online really took the fun out of the game and lost interest as a result.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the hate for killer instinct. Its not a full price game. You get one character for free, where the character rotates round every couple of months so you need never pay a penny for the game.

Individual Characters - Starting at £3.99

Combo Breaker Pack – £16.99 – Saves 50%. Includes:
    • The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)

Ultra Edition – £34.99. Includes:
    • The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)
    • Character accessory packs
    • Character costumes
    • The original "Killer Instinct" arcade game

For me I think that ryse will be the first title to hit the bargain bucket:D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse. Looks pretty, sure. But the gameplay looks awful. I think the cinematic kills would drive me crazy within a matter of minutes.
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Ryse. Looks pretty, sure. But the gameplay looks awful. I think the cinematic kills would drive me crazy within a matter of minutes.

There's well over a hundred different execution finishers if that helps. They're not scripted either, all physics based depending on your positioning etc.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for killer instinct. Its not a full price game. You get one character for free, where the character rotates round every couple of months so you need never pay a penny for the game.

Individual Characters - Starting at £3.99

Combo Breaker Pack – £16.99 – Saves 50%. Includes:

Ultra Edition – £34.99. Includes:
    • Character accessory packs
    • Character costumes
    • The original "Killer Instinct" arcade game

For me I think that ryse will be the first title to hit the bargain bucket:D

I think people dislike Killer Instinct because it **apparently** looks like a graphically piss poor XBox360 XBLA title! :o
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's where the pricing of £17 equals pretty xbla game and not a full £45 launch title:D
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I think people dislike Killer Instinct because it **apparently** looks like a graphically piss poor XBox360 XBLA title! :o

Have you seen recent footage of it running at 60fps? :D
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »

Tbh iv'e read this about every game coming to Xbox one on GAF.:p

I read that BF4 for the x1 looks like goldeneye for the n64 yesterday:D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's well over a hundred different execution finishers if that helps. They're not scripted either, all physics based depending on your positioning etc.

I have to say, after just watching some of the newer trailers for the game, it does look amazing. I am tempted. I really like the kinect integration, to quote Crytek, "the controller makes you the warrior, and your voice makes you the general". I like that. Tempted...