Favourite Trio

2»

Comments

• TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it has to be new Who, then the current trio by a mile. But I still prefer the second Doctor, Jamie and Victoria (or indeed Zoe) and the fourth Doctor, Sarah and Harry.
    My favourite trio were Doctor 2, Jamie and Victoria.....followed by Doctor 4, Sarah and Harry.

That was my immediate reaction before I saw the OP asking about the newer series. Second Doctor Jamie and Victoria and the Fourth, Sarah Jane and Harry. Recently it would be the Ninth Doctor, Rose and Jack, by a country mile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    9th Doctor,Rose and Jack by a mile the best trio of new who.
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    In Modern Doctor Who, there have been a number of trios throughout the series which have been around for a few episodes each series, but which one is your favourite, which one do you think had the best chemistry as a group and why?

9th Doctor, Rose and Jack
    10th Doctor, Martha and Jack
    10th Doctor, Donna and Martha
    11th Doctor, Amy and River
    11th Doctor, Amy and Rory

For me its 10th Doctor, Martha and Jack. I loved the chemistry between the Doctor and Martha, and then when Jack join in Utopia, they felt like the perfect group. The Doctor and Jack competing against each other, Martha and Jack both gossiping and both fancying the Doctor. The chemistry on screen between the 3 of them makes you think they are great friends as actors and when you see behind the scenes, this is a true fact, DT and JB playing tricks on FA , with the 2 of them acting like typical boys. I still like the trio of 11th Doctor, Amy and Rory, but when I compare it to this trio it feels really bland imo. The same goes with 10th, Donna and Martha, or 9th, Rose and Jack.

So what about the rest of you?
    10th, Donna, Martha.

When did this happen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Me, Amy and Madame Vashtra's assistant - Jenny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eleya wrote: »
    In pure Who / classic Who I would have to go with the fourth Doctor, Romana II and Adric.

In new Who, if I really must, then I would choose the tenth Doctor, Wilf and the Master. No silly emo love stuff or playing at families in the Tardis going on, just three blokes doing what they do best.

Emo stuff?
    temperare wrote: »
    When did this happen?

Sontaran 2 parter, Doctor's Daughter
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thaty is an example of good writing; it got its point across really well without being overstated or dominating the story. It totally avoided going to extremes in either direction, examples of which would be the ridiculously overplayed and syrupy departure of Rose in the new series or the clumsy, forced, forgettable and totally out of left field departure of Tegan in 1984.

I know you're not a fan of the Doctor's relationship with Rose, so wouldn't expect you to like Rose's departure (though I do, a lot). But Tegan's departure was one of the most natural and least forced in the show's history. Her last story with the Doctor was a particularly bloody one, and it seemed very credible that she would feel she'd had enough.

Probably the most forced and clumsy departure was Mel's.

On the subject of the thread, the current trio is probably the best of those listed.