Britney or Celine in Vegas?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
Forum Member
For years Celine has had one of the most successful Vegas shows, even being called 'the biggest act since Elvis' to appear in Vegas. She reportedly sells out every night and none of the other female singers to take up residency have matched her success.

So with news that Britney may be heading to join Celine, is her run as the 'Queen of the strip' over? Will Britney have more success than Celine and draw a bigger crowd?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don`t believe the Vegas rumours right now they`ve been around for years tbh it regularly pops up every year or two however i do think one day she`ll headline just not yet, Plus she has an album out i`m guessing towards the end of the year so that will take her time up anyway.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought Britney was going to release a new album, but why not?

Though I suppose it would be a big show with pirotechnics and dancing (and lip sincing? She doesn't sing live all that much, does she?). I hope that she can bring it like she used to, I have noticed that her dancing seemed to be a lot more basic in her last videos and had read that she could not dance like she used to because of some injury (and that was one of her selling point...).

Well, many people have seen Celine now... With Britney being new there, she would attract more people at first, wouldn't she?
    However, long term, I have no clue what would happen.
    If Britney doesn't do something spectacular, people might go for the great voice...
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she would have the stamina for such a commitment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    The rumours about Britney's Vegas residency have been circulating for 2 years now and nothing has materialized. I'll always have a soft spot for Britney, because she used to be an amazing popstar, but even the most delusional Britney stan (I'm talking about Exhale and Breathe Heavy level here) can admit that Britney's performing abilities are gone. I don't know if she'll ever get her mojo back or if this "new" Britney is here to stay, but she can't pull off a Vegas show at this point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    The rumours about Britney's Vegas residency have been circulating for 2 years now and nothing has materialized. I'll always have a soft spot for Britney, because she used to be an amazing popstar, but even the most delusional Britney stan (I'm talking about Exhale and Breathe Heavy level here) can admit that Britney's performing abilities are gone. I don't know if she'll ever get her mojo back or if this "new" Britney is here to stay, but she can't pull off a Vegas show at this point.

This sums it up!
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesnt need to do it like celine, a Shania twain type of deal will be perfect for her 60 dates per year

No travel, easy on the kids
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No truth in it whatsoever...what she needs is to focus on where to head musically for album 8, focus on how she will perform live and promote the material....work on new ways of stage performance and utilise live vocal more than reliance on backing track...make it a part of the show...Britney across 2013 needs to find ways on perfecting her craft as both artist and as entertainer...a the moment i feel she lost all confidence after being pushed out with Circus so quick for the sake of a tour selling on her name...and then again for commerciality with Femme Fatale and to tour on name again....this album mustnt be rushed for the sake of having hits in America...with Scream & Shout being number 1 i feel it is a way to bring her relevance back out there as a worldwide known star/performer/artist again rather than a lost Pop Icon. And i do feel she can channel and make something alongside In The Zone and Blackout :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard news about Britney doing Vegas back before she did her Blackout album, then again when released Circus and then again when she released Femme Fetale

Britney wouldn't be good at vegas because you need huge confidence and to actually sing live, something britney doesn't do. When she regains her confidence as a performer, then maybe

I think Beyonce will be an ideal Vegas candidate in the near future more than any popstar at the moment.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesnt have the ability to pull it off. Plus she's totally unreliable - you'd have to be insane to employ her on a lengthy contract. She cant even manage a stint on a favourably edited reality singing show.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay tuppance to watch somebody mime, so I certainly wouldn't pay up to £400.00 for the pleasure.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a450762/britney-spears-agrees-to-gbp100-million-vegas-residency.html