Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that idea Josh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Love that idea Josh!

Hehe, thank you...sometimes i would love them to happen just to see if my ideas are right or not you know?? I dunno XD But hey that is what i think and where i think she could have gone if perhaps 110% was focused on the album and music and imagery.

I do wonder if...if Britney is here i nthe Summer a re-release of BJ may happen OR a Europe only single is released to boost the album?? hmmm.

Been watching her CD:UK interviews/performances for In The Zone...man what a magical album and great era :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,913
    Forum Member
    Listening to "Britney" for the first time in ages on Spotify. I played this album to death when it came out. I think that it might be time to add it to my car.

This is when I became a big fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Jean is a confusing album, Some tracks have really grown on me so much that I love them now, songs like Alien, WB, Perfume, TTK, Body Ache etc, whereas some I just hate now! Don't Cry, Chillin' and Hold on Tite (lol), are just so meh for me now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Britney for yesterday at the PCA!

Well deserved....killer album, Vegas residency and her own legacy....and she wa sin total awe of it...loved seeing that...she has no idea how loved she is...she closes herself back emotionally...i find it refreshing her seeing the ovation for her.

Well done Britney!

And Britney Jean is on blast again :)) keeps growing on me...while i wish Dev Hynes made the cut and Naughty Boy and mroe Orbit...as i lvoe the mid-tempos o nthe album....i do hope they are saved back for a future release.....but Britney Jean as a melancholy, trippy, EDM affair works too. I love that.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Listening to "Britney" for the first time in ages on Spotify. I played this album to death when it came out. I think that it might be time to add it to my car.

This is when I became a big fan.

I listened to that album again recently and I was surprised at how strong an album it was. It had quite a few good songs on it. I read that some of the songs on it were intended for the soundtrack to Britney's Crossroads movie but they decided to put them on the album instead. The soundtrack was never released as a separate album.
    Forum Member
    Oops she did it again! Rumours now that our Britney has secretly gotten married again:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/has-singer-britney-spears-married-again/448387-45-75.html
    Forum Member
    I was listening to Blackout in my car today :)
    Oops she did it again! Rumours now that our Britney has secretly gotten married again:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/has-singer-britney-spears-married-again/448387-45-75.html

Wow! Congratulations to the pair of them if true. All very sudden though. They haven't been together for that long, have they? :)
    Forum Member
    Blackout is still my favourite album of hers :D I don't think they have been together too long. Did you see that the guy she married is a legal researcher? :D
    Forum Member
    ^ That would be cool if it was true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Listening to femme fatale, such a good solid album don't think its as good as blackout but defiantly id say a close second
    Forum Member
    Been having another Britney day today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been listening to BJ this week, it has grown on me a lot, I liked it when it first came out, then I went off it, now I like it even more for some reason.
    Forum Member
    Our Britney has brunette hair now: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2555209/Shes-new-woman-Britney-Spears-turns-brunette-ditches-blonde-locks-promote-new-perfume.html

I think it looks nice. I remember seeing her with dark hair during the Blackout era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i love that she has gone darker and rooted loved it in the Blackout era....and loved when she did earlier last year too and went to Eltons Oscars event...wish she kept it or did something funky for the Bj album and era...i mean the music doesnt suit the "plain/blonde" look Britney had for it :/...needed to be spacier/glammer and a bit rooted :).
    Forum Member
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/britney-monitored-247-30014187.html

:cry: I really hope our Britney manages to break free from this conservatorship some day. LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont know if you have heard yet...but Unbroken from the Femme Fatale sessions has leaked...and it is ....better than most of that album so massive in beats and love her voice on it...wish the full version was out there but it is a real corker and such a treat...wish this made the album cut

https://soundcloud.com/e-z-w/britney-spears-unbroken

one ay i hope that her label just lets Britney put all the material she wants on the album without "trying to be commercial" or whatever...i liked the themes and directions on Britney Jean...but i wish William Orbit kinda was the executive of the album so we could hear all the stuff they recorded...and Naughty Boy and Blood Orange and Danja....all intrigued and excited me...CHarli XCX penned some material too...would have been beautiful to see and hear that material and wish it made the cut...i hope one day she puts it out there...would be a success too.

Leaves us fans too hungry for more!

Also been having a Blackout heavy past couple of days....adore the album so much....just shows when an artwork is still so fresh and timeless today.....such gold! :)

Speaking of which i love that she has darker hair again :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    There's a rumor goin arounf the fan sites that danja is gonna release a britney track on the 22nd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbroken is better than anything on Femme Fatale.
    It's amazing, exactly what I want from her.
    I wish she had the freedom to do what she wants.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I wish she had the freedom to do what she wants.

I would agree. I think her label are holding her back. I read on a website about unreleased Britney music that Femme Fatale was originally gonna be an urban/R&B type album but the label didn't like the direction and changed it to be more dance-pop as that was what was popular at the time. There's also the mess that was Britney Jean. I thought it was gonna be Blackout 2.0 and she was gonna experiment more with her sound. Instead we get a rather watered-down generic pop album. I blame will.i.am for that. Why was he made EP of it?

Then of course there's the Original Doll mystery. That could have been her most personal album - even more personal than Britney Jean - and yet it was pulled? Nobody knows what happened to the songs from that album, even though some of them leaked. Some of her unreleased songs are very personal. There's one called Guilty and that's clearly about K-Fed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_qvB75rLT4 And what on earth happened to Rebellion? Why has the full song never leaked? Another Britney mystery we might never know the truth about :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got Britney Jean recently for my birthday.

My faves are Passenger, Brightest Morning Star, Till It's Gone, Body Ache, Now That I Found You.

Don't Cry reminds me of a song from Circus but I can't think which one.

Work Bitch was a mistake for lead single. Perfume is so dull why was it a single, no wonder it flopped.

Alien could be excellent it wasn't for the unnecessary autotune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Work Bitch was a mistake for lead single. Perfume is so dull why was it a single, no wonder it flopped.

I love Work Bitch but it didn't really fit in with the rest of the album. It should have been released as a non-album single to promote Vegas. Perfume is so boring! It's probably one of her worst singles. I think Alien or Passenger should have been singles instead. The album is ok but it's no Blackout or In The Zone. Speaking of Britney albums, I've rediscovered Oops I Did It Again and Britney (the album with Slave 4 U on it) recently and they're actually really good. I used to hate the Oops album but I quite like it now. Still not keen on most of the ballads on it though.

Post 47,000 for me :D
    Forum Member
    I was listening to Circus in my car last night. :) I watched "For The Record" the night before.

Unfortunately I still think that Britney Jean is a really weak album. I don't know what's so "personal" about it. I think that she needs to ditch Will.i.am for the next album. They don't seem to work well together.