Recommend sites for Samsung Unlocking?

n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There are so many out there and I'm sure some crap, who would you recommend? Looking to unlock a Galaxy W :confused:

Comments

• artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your phone carrier?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    Your phone carrier?

Aren't they all a tenner now?
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on O2
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bunch of those unlocking sites are scams, some are OK, but how to tell? Some will charge you, and tbh, I'd be suspicious of any that are free.

Just pay the fee and get it done officially by O2, then you're not risking bricking your phone.

You could root it and all that, but if you don't know what you're doing or how to fix it, you could have a load of grief and a dead phone if it doesn't work as expected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    n1guy wrote: »
    There are so many out there and I'm sure some crap, who would you recommend? Looking to unlock a Galaxy W :confused:
    I would recommend to unlock your Samsung galaxy wonder phone in Mobile-Unlocker.com. Select the country and network to which your phone is locked.
    And also provide the IMEI number(press *#06# to know it) when it is asked.And get your unlock code via mail.Here unlocking is done using codes so no crap or mess in unlocking your phone.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Just use ebay. Sellers charge 99p to unlock pretty much any phone. I've done about 3 and all worked fine.

EDIT: Ok so now that i actually checked everyone on ebay seems to want £8+ for a unlock code for a Samsung phone. Every other phone is under £1.99 though....