Episodes from New Who you wish could be lost forever

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
There are no episodes from the new era that will be lost forever. That is great news for future generations and we all have a choice if we ever watch them again. Some people, I'm sure, would like to see certain episodes from this era exterminated. Which do you think deserve to be jettisoned into deep space?

Comments

• TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of Clara.

Oh, and the one where they determine that if two humans have sex in the Tardis they basically make a Time Lord baby.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear Her
    The Doctor, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the point, you can always choose not to watch those episodes, noone is going to force you to watch them. Why would you want them to be lost when you can just choose not to watch them? For every episode of Who and that includes even the likes of Love and Monsters, Fear Her, The Doctor in Narnia or The Rings of Akhaten there are people who enjoy them, so I wouldn't wish for any episode to be lost, I will just avoid the episodes that I don't like and let the people who like them enjoy them.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, another thread that promotes bashing on the new series and their showrunners. Just what we need, especially after very positive news and a general brightening of the atmosphere around here.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    All of the Pond episodes apart from 11th hour. I would rather forget it all. Not lost though,just hidden away ;)
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking back there are episodes I wish they had not made such as love and monsters, fear her, rings. Less episodes more quality.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Unicorn and the Wasp.

I know most people love it (they are wrong :D)..but to me it contains all that I have disliked in regards to New Who in one tidy bundle. It's my most disliked episode. It made me cringe from start to finish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get the point, you can always choose not to watch those episodes, noone is going to force you to watch them. Why would you want them to be lost when you can just choose not to watch them? For every episode of Who and that includes even the likes of Love and Monsters, Fear Her, The Doctor in Narnia or The Rings of Akhaten there are people who enjoy them, so I wouldn't wish for any episode to be lost, I will just avoid the episodes that I don't like and let the people who like them enjoy them.

This^
    We can discuss about episodes, but why should any episode be lost? People have different opinions and every episode can be loved by someone and hated by someone else.

If you are asking about my least favorite episodes, it would be Love and monsters, all RTD finales, cybermen two parter and Rebel flesh two parter.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    All of the Pond episodes apart from 11th hour. I would rather forget it all. Not lost though,just hidden away ;)

Totally agree. They were my least favourite companions and the who plot of River song being conceived in the tardis ... What a load of ****. Matt smith is great though. Maybe they could CGI some different companions over the ponds.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anyone want a story to be lost forever? Just because you don't like an episode doesn't mean other people do. No episode of anything should be lost forever.
    I don't like this thread. Good-bye.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voyage of the Damned or The Doctor, The Witch and deliverThe Wardrobe. :)
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The End of Time parts 1 and 2. The Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, The conclusion from Journey's End, The Stolen Earth, The conclusion from Last of the Timelords, Fear Her, The Idiots Lantern and Tooth and Claw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    The Unicorn and the Wasp.

I know most people love it (they are wrong :D)..but to me it contains all that I have disliked in regards to New Who in one tidy bundle. It's my most disliked episode. It made me cringe from start to finish.

I thought it was only me

A Good Man Goes To War, The Wedding Of River Song, and most of what's in between
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely agree we should never want any episode of Doctor Who to be lost, I think it would be great if we could watch every episode from beginning to the present as it would be one awesome back catalogue.

But.....

If I could wish for some episodes to be lost, it would be The Long Game, Love and Monsters, 75% of Series 5, 50% of Series 6 and the Rings episode from Series 7!

:)
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone want a story to be lost forever? Just because you don't like an episode doesn't mean other people do. No episode of anything should be lost forever.
    I don't like this thread. Good-bye.
    I absolutely agree we should never want any episode of Doctor Who to be lost, I think it would be great if we could watch every episode from beginning to the present as it would be one awesome back catalogue.

But.....

If I could wish for some episodes to be lost, it would be The Long Game, Love and Monsters, 75% of Series 5, 50% of Series 6 and the Rings episode from Series 7!

:)

I dont want any Nu-Who episodes being lost even if there are some without many redeeming features. The missing episodes thread just shows how keen fans (including me here ) are to see every episode of the show.

For fun though if I never saw Fear Her again it wouldnt bother me too much
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    All of the first series please :)

(because I've got the DVD box set and I could make a fortune selling it back to the Beeb if all other copies are lost)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    All of the first series please :)

(because I've got the DVD box set and I could make a fortune selling it back to the Beeb if all other copies are lost)

Best post in this thread. Thoug I happen to own that box set as well, so...:p
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Best post in this thread. Thoug I happen to own that box set as well, so...:p

Be careful. I wouldn't go boasting about it. We wouldn't want your box set to have a nasty accident after all... ;)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I dislike a few of the recent episodes, I'd rather I was able to make a decision based upon viewing and also have the option to watch these again many years into the future if I so choose.
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some where annoying but I don't any should be lost. Whilst the story was good, the absorbalov is probably top of the list for ones to lose.

The BBC shouldn't really let childrens' TV programmes design bad guys to write a story around.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, as has already been stated by others, there are no episodes that I want to see lost forever or jettisoned into space. Nevertheless, if The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe were to mysteriously disappear I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiot's Lantern for me.
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,079
    Forum Member
    Last of the Timelords, the absolute low point of New Who for me. That whole Doctor Dobby and "I believe in the Doctor" stuff, it sits next to Timelash as the absolute worst the show can get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While no episode of Who should ever be lost, even I can't stand the thought that my least favourite New Who episodes disappearing, and being considered lost classics, the most amazing episodes no-one will ever see... ;)
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Last of the Timelords, the absolute low point of New Who for me. That whole Doctor Dobby and "I believe in the Doctor" stuff, it sits next to Timelash as the absolute worst the show can get.
    Indeed. I had really enjoyed Utopia and The Sound of Drums, so to see the story conclude with this quasi-religious glurge came as a real disappointment.