Dance Queen Dannii Minogue music comeback? (No negative comments!)

THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://idolator.com/7464640/dannii-minogue-comeback

Is Dannii Minogue plotting a long-overdue comeback? Rumors of a return to pop have been circulating since late 2012 when the dance deity approached a label about recording new music. It made sense with the 10 year anniversary of Neon Nights on the horizon and her appointment as a judge on X Factor Australia.
Well, Dannii was spotted holding hand-written lyrics on the streets of Los Angeles last week – a sure sign that the music event of the millennium is nigh. Not only is the younger Minogue potentially back in business but she’s also writing her own material. None of us are ready! Especially a British tabloid that is trying to derail the D-train before it leaves the station.
The Sun published some of the words visible on Dannii’s notebook, calling them “awful” – among other unflattering adjectives. Well, they seem perfectly fine to me. A lyric like “I love that you believe the things you sang but it was the things you said that gave you away” is actually quite lovely. Pop music is an unusual art in that great songs are so much more than the sum of their parts.
Imagine if the lyrics to “Call Me Maybe” were scrutinized by the media prior to release? Carly Rae could be working at McDonald’s right now. Dannii has been filling dancefloors since the ’90s. No doubt, her new material will be just as enticing.
Are you ready for Dannii to reclaim her throne as the Queen of Clubs?

I say it's time and over due. However, I feel she should get some well known producers on board and collaborate with other artists as that is the way to go these days.

Dannii's top 10 hits:
This is it
Jump to the beat
baby love
success
Love and kisses
All I wanna do
Who do you love now
Put the needle on it
I begin to wonder
Don't wanna lose this feeling
You won't forget about me

Top 30
So under pressure
Perfection
Everything I wanted
Show you the way to go
This is the way
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,618
    Forum Member
    It will be poor like the rest of her singles. She will never leave her sisters shadow.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually a big Dannii fan. :o Her music is totally different to Kylie, even if her voice is kind of similar. I love "Who Do You Love Now" and "Put The Needle On It" "AllI Wanna Doooo" and club music is so in right now, this is definitely her time.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It will be poor like the rest of her singles. She will never leave her sisters shadow.

I disagree. She actually left her sisters shadow in 2007, thanks to X Factor.
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I disagree. She actually left her sisters shadow in 2007, thanks to X Factor.

When you mention Dannii to anyone they always mention Kylie. But with Kylie its neighbours, hotpants, songs or even Jason. Never Dannii.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I am actually a big Dannii fan. :o Her music is totally different to Kylie, even if her voice is kind of similar. I love "Who Do You Love Now" and "Put The Needle On It" "AllI Wanna Doooo" and club music is so in right now, this is definitely her time.

I agree. If she wasn't Kylie's sister I imagine she would have a lot more support. All I Wanna Do, Disremembrance and Who Do You Love Now are all very good songs.

I'd even go as far to say that Disremembrance is one of my favourite songs from either Minogue sister. She doesn't get enough credit. :(
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should stick to judging talent shows!
    Forum Member
    When you mention Dannii to anyone they always mention Kylie. But with Kylie its neighbours, hotpants, songs or even Jason. Never Dannii.

Again, I disagree. In recent years things associated to Dannii in the press are things like X Factor, Simon Cowell, Project D, Britain's Next Top Model, her son, her ex Kris etc. I read the odd Dannii/Kylie story but most of the time its not even mentioned.
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Again, I disagree. In recent years things associated to Dannii in the press are things like X Factor, Simon Cowell, Project D, Britain's Next Top Model, her son, her ex Kris etc. I read the odd Dannii/Kylie story but most of the time its not even mentioned.

show me a story, any story from a uk magazine or website that doesnt mention her sister once.
    Forum Member
    show me a story, any story from a uk magazine or website that doesnt mention her sister once.

There are literally hundreds, heres a random one from from 3 days ago :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2342028/Dannii-Minogue-cuts-effortlessly-chic-figure-leather-biker-jacket-bowler-hat.html

Not one mention of Kylie. I think you'll find in the past 6 years or so Dannii has become very successful in her own right and certainly found her own light.
    Dannii/Kylie stories are SO 2001, maybe you're still living in the past?
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I love Dannii Minogue : the singer. I also love Dannii Minogue : the judge ; actress etc. I am pleased she is returning to music ; I still don't think she gets the credit she deserves. Her Girl and Neon Lights albums were very strong. Disremembrance should have been a UK Number 1 single imho. I also love Kylie but find it annoying that even though they are pitted against each other. Why can't they be treated like Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson in that they were siblings but were treated as individual performers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her! Bring it on!
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess where it said no negative comments....some trolls decided it was there for shizs and giggles .

Dannii is highly underrated and actually writes and producers a lot of her music unlike most singers today.

All I wanna do, this is it, I begin to wonder, touch me like that, disremembrance, you won't forget about me, put the needle on it and who do you love now were robbed of being number 1.
    Forum Member
    I guess where it said no negative comments....some trolls decided it was there for shizs and giggles .

Dannii is highly underrated and actually writes and producers a lot of her music unlike most singers today.

All I wanna do, this is it, I begin to wonder, touch me like that, disremembrance, you won't forget about me, put the needle on it and who do you love now were robbed of being number 1.

Its a forum and everyone is allowed an opinion. If you dont like it then tough.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's way too old for that sort of music these days she'd be better off concentrating on her TV career or being a Mum.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being negative. U think she has a great personality and a great TV career outside of music. Sales are plummeting everywhere. I dint think she should come back to music. She has created a fashion brand by her name and has all those TV jobs ans acting. It really works for her. She should stay there
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Neon Nights was a good album, but for various reasons she never had a proper follow up and like a lot of other female singers lost traction. She probably could have done well when she was on the X-Factor but probably too late now.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only threads where no negative comments are allowed are appreciation threads. Putting it in the thread title does not stop others from posting negatively if they so wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`ve always preferred Dannii over Kylie tbh
    if she can come up with anything like "i begin to wonder" "don`t wanna lose this feeling" "who do you love now" i`m in
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Won't Forget About Me has always been amazing!
    Loved the video too...I always wanted that "Pullin' For Drew" tshirt:D
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't why she didn't release anything when she was on X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a forum and everyone is allowed an opinion. If you dont like it then tough.
    Manners?!!! Were you dragged up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol.

When you call Danni Minogue 'Queen' and stick (No negative comments!) in the thread title... this thread was only going to go one way:D:p
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been saying for years that she might make a comeback, I doubt it will ever happen.
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re : Dannii's top 10 hits:

She's had 9 UK Top 10 hits, not 11.

Success made #11
    Baby Love reached #14

Both from 1991.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't why she didn't release anything when she was on X Factor.
    She stated for many reasons why she did not wanna perform on x factor and promote her music.

1) She said it's abut the contestants and not about her or her music

2) She did not wanna risk getting a number one and then get accused of only getting her first number one single due to x factor (public and media).

3) If her music took off and bombed after she would cop the whole 'music was only successful due to x factor'. In other words, she did not want to do a Cheryl Cole/Tulisa (No offense to Cheryl and Tulisa).

4) While Simon pushed her to perform on stage, she did not want to perform in front of Louis and Sharon for various obvious reasons.

Personally she should have used the opportunity. She had 'Touch me like that', but did 0 promotion for the track and no one knew it was even out. Hence it bombed at 49# from memory.