Top Gear

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i admit it does annoy me, every week top gear runs over and affects the two recordings i have that start at 9

if theyre going to do a 1 hour 5 minute programme why not scehdule it for 8-905
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    shouldnt they be wearing safety equipment, especially helmets?
    Editing.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another episode of Jackass UK.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MPH11 wrote: »
    What a pointless last 20 minutes.

Agreed I thought that could have been a pretty good feature but instead it was wasted. Not a strong episode tonight to be honest, far too much seemed scripted, dull or pointless and it didn't hold my attention as much as previous weeks which was a shame - hoping this series won't go out on a wimper :(

Although has to be said that the first feature on the Jensen Interceptor and their spoof '70's style opening credits were very good :D. I'd pay my licence fee to watch that show - providing it was a spoof of course lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Agreed I thought that could have been a pretty good feature but instead it was wasted. Not a strong episode tonight to be honest, far too much seemed scripted, dull or pointless and it didn't hold my attention as much as previous weeks which was a shame - hoping this series won't go out on a wimper :(

Although has to be said that the first feature on the Jensen Interceptor and their spoof '70's style opening credits were very good :D. I'd pay my licence fee to watch that show - providing it was a spoof of course lol :D

I'd love a one-off special for Comic Relief as the 70s Saint-style show. :D
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did love the retro 4:3 ratio programme start they made. I really found the whole trying to talk about things to make the programme over run to stop the biking. Went on far too long. Boring. What a surprise it was that the first shot of Jez in the F1 style ar was of him stalling. Never of guessed that was going to happen in a million years :rolleyes:

PJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »

Definitely!! They should have Clarkson as the lead detective, Hammond as his trusty side-kick and James May as a major international criminal :D. They should also stuff in as many continuity errors, references to shows like The Saint, '70's references and information on cars as possible. Hell the plot for it could be May's villain stealing a load of expensive luxury cars from the '70's leading to dialogue between the three characters as to why the cars being nicked are either good/bad.

^^ Think I got a bit carried away there :D - Would be chuffing hilarious to watch though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    How will they edit out all the bike race references for Dave?

It's be more interesting to see how they handle the end of the episode.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »

Richard doing his pretend Kung-Fu kick on the model had me in stitches :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard doing his pretend Kung-Fu kick on the model had me in stitches :D

The part where he karate chops the concierge was hilarious.

Was a good first half of the show shame there was no lap and the demolition piece was a bit crap.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice bit of eye candy in the front row. :D

As always, you dont think its done deliberately, do you, of course its not.:D
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    The last twenty minutes or so of this week's show was appalling - what I saw of it, as I kept on falling asleep. Thank goodness it is the last next week (I believe) as they've obviously run out of ideas.
    :(
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    The last twenty minutes or so of this week's show was appalling - what I saw of it, as I kept on falling asleep. Thank goodness it is the last next week (I believe) as they've obviously run out of ideas.
    :(

I can't understand the attitude "thank goodness" a show is over.

Nobody is forcing you to watch TG. If you think it's that bad then don't watch next weeks.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I can't understand the attitude "thank goodness" a show is over.

Nobody is forcing you to watch TG. If you think it's that bad then don't watch next weeks.

surely you can think of something more original to say in your response? I always watch in the hope that it might improve.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was the star in the reasonably priced car last night?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Who was the star in the reasonably priced car last night?

Bob Geldof
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would have greatly appreciated a censor bar over Clarksons awful yellow teeth :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the whole show. The 70's bit was funny and inventive.

The 'F1' car bit was very informative and showed what Top gear do well when they want to be informative.

Bob Geldof was OK - the needling between them was fun.

The Army machine demolition was, again, informative and fun, the sheer power of the machines was scary and I it was good to see exactly what is possible with the machine sthe army have.

James May was spot on with his theory of pulling out the central chimeny of the building and it dropping.

ANd my first thought at seeing the mine machine was Princess Diana.

Clarkson's Diana comment certainly wasn't scripted you could see and hear the whole team laugh at it very naturally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me one the funniest episodes yet. Loved the 70's spoof all that karate chopping very silly but fun. The house demolition was great fun also. I know this programme gtes criticised but for one hour on a Sunday I get to enjoy A class stupidity & I know sod all about cars! :D
  • mbessexmbessex Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure they can ever beat the car train. One of the funniest things on TV ever!
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Me too, maybe its because its rarely shown in primetime on Dave.

Maybe it's because Not Going Out is easily the best comedy show on Dave.
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ha, " don't watch it then " , that favourite whiskery old riposte.

I don't think you have quite grasped the concept of a " Discussion Board " have you ?

I get it, you don't like the show, which is fair enough. Personally I still enjoy it. I know what it is and am under no illusions. To me it is still highly entertaining.

Now I don't like the X factor or Dancing shows, I'm not going to start a thread, X FACTOR and then ask what's the point? To me this is lecturing not discussing.

Now I have been enjoying the series so far, love the F1 stuff they have included too.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and the demolition piece was a bit crap.
    I preferred it over the train piece last time. The machines were more interesting.

The F1 piece was OK but largely a rehash of Hammond's piece of a few years back. I'm glad they seem to be mentioning the actual speeds involved, and I wish they'd do that a bit more. How fast would Geldof have been going, for example? I find it impossible to judge from the footage.

Geldof's interview was a bit weird, but then Geldof is a bit weird, on account of the whole "St Bob" thing.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    surely you can think of something more original to say in your response? I always watch in the hope that it might improve.

And you asked him to be original? :D
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only an OK epsiode and I thought Geldof was a crashing bore - absolutely nothing interesting to say.
This discussion has been closed.