silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cage-fighter-cum-forensic-scientist Jack, seems to have mental health problems that may come to the fore as this series progresses. He is clearly a self-harmer: he doesn't cut in the conventional way he just goes out and has a fight (in a cage or as a result of deliberately bumping into bad boys) as a way of releasing pent-up tension. Clarissa seems to be the only one who really knows what makes him tick so no doubt there's yet more back story to be coughed up.

Harry seems like Gandhi in comparison!
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I don't understand how he joined the team after the briefest interview by Leo. Surely for that sort of job he would have to have had background checks.

Jack blagging a job for Clarissa was even more far-fetched.
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lammtarra wrote: »
    Jack blagging a job for Clarissa was even more far-fetched.

Shades of the way Nikki was offered her job a while ago. She brought in her Iron Age family's bones to do some work on Leo's computer - was offered the pathologist's job [by Leo] on a 6 month probation, and stayed.:D
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching?
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Yea, it's that guy from Hustle. Can he only play barmen?
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still missing Harry :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what this story has to do with the scene at the beginning? I guess they must be connected somehow, but... :confused:
    Forum Member
    I don't understand what this story has to do with the scene at the beginning? I guess they must be connected somehow, but... :confused:

oh yea, I forgot about that... :confused:
    Forum Member
    Ah, here we go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There it is. So he killed the husband and daughter... wow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay he didn't kill Imogen and she has a daughter. The plot thickens...
  • Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Was that Box Hill?
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    It looked like Box Hill.

I'm very, very confused. Was the female D.I. Imogen? Can't have been because someone would have noticed her finger but all the blondes looked the same to me tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    It looked like Box Hill.

I'm very, very confused. Was the female D.I. Imogen? Can't have been because someone would have noticed her finger but all the blondes looked the same to me tonight.

I wondered that too. :confused:
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    It looked like Box Hill.

This.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the DI and the woman who appears to be Imogen aren't the same person.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we're going to have an over-ambitious, psychotic female detective every week.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the DI and the woman who appears to be Imogen aren't the same person.

I'm sure you're right Dave but as you can tell - I'm confused.com tonight.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we're going to have an over-ambitious, psychotic female detective every week.

Yes, the writers appear to have a very poor opinion of the police, particularly female officers. They are either stupid or corrupt, usually both.
    This one is so keen to "fit up" the father that she fabricates a story about damaging important material evidence, right under the noses of the forensic team.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said exactly the same to my partner. Common theme is also Nikki clashing with them and thinking she knows best, usually to be proven correct in her thoughts, much to my annoyance!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Cage-fighter-cum-forensic-scientist Jack, seems to have mental health problems that may come to the fore as this series progresses. He is clearly a self-harmer: he doesn't cut in the conventional way he just goes out and has a fight (in a cage or as a result of deliberately bumping into bad boys) as a way of releasing pent-up tension. Clarissa seems to be the only one who really knows what makes him tick so no doubt there's yet more back story to be coughed up.

Harry seems like Gandhi in comparison!

After reading comments like these about the 'new' SW I'm glad I no longer ewatch it. Actually, I'm not 'glad'. I'm mortified. After 17 years of wonderful entertainment I've left it. Every time I think of that first episode of the present series with this guy in a fight cage then elbowing someone in the face, I wonder if someone got two different programmes mixed up (e.g. SW and Fight Club...?).

This week they have a photo of the lovely, glam and gorgeous Nikki/Emilia to persuade us. My dear Emilia I'd love to join you and Leo, but not before they've put thast new guy 'the 'Irish pit-bull' in a padded cell and thrown away the key...

I remeber a somg of the 60s/70s; 'what have they done to my song ma?'. I'd like to sing 'what have they done to this programme ma?' to the same refrain.

I watched some old clips of Harry and Nikki on a Tom Ward website. Glorious, just glorious... Well at least there are 17 years worth of DVds out there to go back to...

So sad, so very very sad...
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading comments like these about the 'new' SW I'm glad I no longer ewatch it. Actually, I'm not 'glad'. I'm mortified. After 17 years of wonderful entertainment I've left it. Every time I think of that first episode of the present series with this guy in a fight cage then elbowing someone in the face, I wonder if someone got two different programmes mixed up (e.g. SW and Fight Club...?).

This week they have a photo of the lovely, glam and gorgeous Nikki/Emilia to persuade us. My dear Emilia I'd love to join you and Leo, but not before they've put thast new guy 'the 'Irish pit-bull' in a padded cell and thrown away the key...

I remeber a somg of the 60s/70s; 'what have they done to my song ma?'. I'd like to sing 'what have they done to this programme ma?' to the same refrain.

I watched some old clips of Harry and Nikki on a Tom Ward website. Glorious, just glorious... Well at least there are 17 years worth of DVds out there to go back to...

So sad, so very very sad...

17 years? Wow I remember when it started... Doesn't seem like 17 years ago, but I just checked and it was 1996! Makes me feel old!
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this week's episode not gripping me like last week's

So the female DI had a former drug problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    This is rather intriguing. Imogen is supposed to be dead , and the guy who allegedly killed her gets out after 8 years.

However , they found some cartridge wadding ( is that what it's called) in a tree some 5 years after a murder , yeah right !
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ??? are pathologists allowed to act as Police and march into a Jail & interview an inmate?
    Wouldnt his story re the shotgun have been checked out (pellets)?
    Another nutty women cop?
    How can you check the mileage of a car unless you had the keys?
    etc, etc, etc.