Mislead by Orange and EE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been having a tough time trying to get my handset sent over to EE. When I bought the phone from Orange on the 24th of October I was told that that I could migrate over to EE whenever I got the phone through.

Now they are saying that isn't the case and only those who bought phones after the 30th are available to migrate over and if I want an EE sim then I need to buy a new phone from EE themselves even though they are the same bloody company!

I was clearly told I could switch over and now they are changing their mind, it seems really misleading. I'm really annoyed about this as I sold my old phone today and if I send this new one back I'm sitting with no phone for the next 2-3 weeks.

The worst part is they wont do anything for me they just keep saying cancel the contract. They just don't care that they are lying their arse off to anyone to get them to sign up.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the help page on their website, here:

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&segment=Consumer&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=20255&SOURCE_RELATED_ARTICLE=true

Says:

"If you have a 12, 18 or 24 month contract with Orange or T-Mobile that started before 30 October 2012, you can move to EE whenever you want."

You'll need to have a 4G phone though. Do you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the help page on their website, here:

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&segment=Consumer&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=20255&SOURCE_RELATED_ARTICLE=true

Says:

"If you have a 12, 18 or 24 month contract with Orange or T-Mobile that started before 30 October 2012, you can move to EE whenever you want."

You'll need to have a 4G phone though. Do you?

Yeah I got an iPhone 5 specifically for the 4G network. See I read that many times but apparently because I am on an Orange talk plan they can't physically put me through onto EE.

Surely that's misinformation to say one thing then refuse to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody doesn't know what they're talking about. The whole point was that if you had a 4G phone on an existing Orange or T-Mobile contract, you could port over to an equivalent EE plan and just continue your contract as normal. I'd speak to someone else and quote their own website to them if you run into difficulties.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've spoke to two people from EE and they are saying the same thing. The entire company is just talking out of its arse! I don't think anyone has a clue on what it actually going on.
  • dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    My wife and I had our iPhone 5's activated on 27th October.
    I went into the EE shop where I live on Saturday 3rd November to get them migrated to EE. The shop were clueless and couldn't / wouldn't do it.
    Went home and called 150, spoke to a helpful guy who switched us over no problem, just waiting for the new SIM cards now, should be here within 10 days :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    Yeah I got an iPhone 5 specifically for the 4G network. See I read that many times but apparently because I am on an Orange talk plan they can't physically put me through onto EE.

It's not a question of policy, it's problems with the online system to make the changeover: you will be able to do it, it may be a few days before it can be done. However, the changeover/introduction/implementation of the EE infrastructure for migrating customers has been a complete omnishambles,the worst organisational f*@!up I have ever seen in my 30-odd years of working in retail. (I work in an EE shop). It's unfair to blame the staff if they can't do it for you, or if they have the wrong information.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are full of shit mate. I got an iPhone 5 on launch day with Orange as an upgrade and I now have an EE sim with my number ported over. Ring 150 and when then wee recorded message starts, hit 33. Don't worry about what the options are, just hit 33 and it will take you through to the EE team who will hopefully know what the score is as obviously half of them don't!

Be sure to let us know how you get on :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now being told that I can do it just not until the 24th of November, 30 days after I took the contract out.

I am so confused and exhausted with this crap.
  • Maka344Maka344 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I yesterday had my upgrade from the 24th Sept migrated no problem, I even carried my Perk discount over be it only 20%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm being told I need to pay £100 migration fee. I'm so fed up now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were you I would go to an EE shop and speak to the Manager . This is simply not on :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    If I were you I would go to an EE shop and speak to the Manager . This is simply not on :(

Speaking to them makes no difference one said to me that I would be £100 for migration because why should I get a iPhone 5 for free? I would be paying £46 a month for god sakes!

They have no clue what they are doing its ridiculous.
  • dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Now I'm being told I need to pay £100 migration fee. I'm so fed up now.

Are you trying to do this instore or over the phone?
    I did mine over the phone by calling 150 from my orange phone and got it done with no problem
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking to them makes no difference one said to me that I would be £100 for migration because why should I get a iPhone 5 for free? I would be paying £46 a month for god sakes!

They have no clue what they are doing its ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the £100 fee is for people who have a phone like an iPhone 4S, are within contract, and need a new 4G phone. So in that circumstance, you'd pay £100, get an iPhone 5 and continue with your contract.

This doesn't apply to your situation.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Ask for a supervisor. Call 150 menu option 1 then 4 then 3.

Calling 150 then dialling 33 does not work on a non EE account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpwykes wrote: »
    Are you trying to do this instore or over the phone?
    I did mine over the phone by calling 150 from my orange phone and got it done with no problem

Tried both and neither have worked.
    I'm pretty sure the £100 fee is for people who have a phone like an iPhone 4S, are within contract, and need a new 4G phone. So in that circumstance, you'd pay £100, get an iPhone 5 and continue with your contract.

This doesn't apply to your situation.

That's what I said as well, but they are saying that because to get an iPhone on 4G as a new customer is cheaper I need to pay more. They are talking out their arses, I even went to Trading Standards and they are telling me its my word against them if it came to a small claims court due to breach of contract.
    Ask for a supervisor. Call 150 menu option 1 then 4 then 3.

Calling 150 then dialling 33 does not work on a non EE account.

Believe me I've done everything.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried both and neither have worked.

That's what I said as well, but they are saying that because to get an iPhone on 4G as a new customer is cheaper I need to pay more. They are talking out their arses, I even went to Trading Standards and they are telling me its my word against them if it came to a small claims court due to breach of contract.

Believe me I've done everything.

That's right, it would just come down to who they believe unless you have anything in writing or any other supporting evidence of what was said. You could try a complaint to the CEO's office, just email the CEO Olaf.Swantee@orange.co.uk or executive.office@orange.co.uk and you'll likely get a call back from one of the team the same working day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    i got told instore i wld need to pay £100 to transfer.
    got home called 150 they put me through to EE got transferred no problem recived my sim today.
    only problem now is i havent received a 4g signal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got home called 150 they put me through to EE got transferred no problem recived my sim today.

Where are you Ross? in one of the EE4G initial rollout areas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You shouldn't have to pay £100 though unless you were getting the early upgrade option or the exchange. I don't see why I should have to pay that amount when I wasn't told I would have to pay for it.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I really hope you're in a 4G area and haven't been misled or just think that everywhere has 4G.

EE are not making this very clear. I was in a EE store today and the staff where going on about EE4G but made no mention that it wasn't avaliable in the area, only around 25 miles away in London.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to make everyone aware the £100 charge some people are trying to force upon us is a complete lie!

This is taken from their own website when it states how to move to EE.

"If you joined or upgraded with a 4G ready phone on Orange or T-Mobile before 6th November – you can choose any plan, provided the monthly fee is not lower than the plan you have at the moment.

There is no upgrade cost to move to a 24-month EE plan. To choose a plan of a different length, or if you joined Orange or T-Mobile on or after 6th November, please call us on 150 from your Orange or T-Mobile phone, or speak to one of us instore."

The people who are being forced to pay this are being lied to and should get trading standards involved as soon as possible.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I just can't see why you're being dealt with this way, when many others have had little or no trouble (like myself)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't see why you're being dealt with this way, when many others have had little or no trouble (like myself)

I have no idea but the whole thing is a complete mess in Glasgow, some are even saying they don't have 4G. I think its just been a complete balls up organisationally.

I was speaking to someone on the phone and he said that they only found out about the networks ins and out the same day everyone else did. Apparently because they couldn't give away any trade secrets, what a load of rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea but the whole thing is a complete mess in Glasgow, some are even saying they don't have 4G. I think its just been a complete balls up organisationally.

I was speaking to someone on the phone and he said that they only found out about the networks ins and out the same day everyone else did. Apparently because they couldn't give away any trade secrets, what a load of rubbish.

The problem is if they had told staff all the information, we know from experience they would have leaked it as we've seen it here.

They've delayed the Sim only plans for 2 weeks as there were a number of issues with staff training and the wrong sims being sent out etc..