X factor a load of rubbish

slappy101slappy101 Posts: 672
Forum Member
✭✭
has anyone noticed at the very end of every episode theres a sympathy win what i mean is yesterday someone who was in iraq and lost 2 freinds was on it and it was obvious he would get through because ppl were upset for him also a week before some womens dad died and left the x factor audition sheet for her and it was shown right at the end i know that losing friends and family is sad but i dont think they should get an advantage

Comments

• BriladBrilad Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has the same sort of thing every time.

The absolute no hopers
    The wierdos
    The comic relief
    The angry loser with no insight
    The plucky sob story
    The person who may actually have the x factor

Throw in some banter between the judges

Put in microwave on re-heat for 25 seconds

ping! your done. One episode of the x factor

PS I love the fact that Simon's head is an almost perfect cube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    i can watch an episode in about 7 mins 32 seconds.

FF through the adverts, people waving their arms and making X signs, Dermot being a **** and the heart-wrenching human interest stories and just watch the auditions.

Nuff said.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else concerned about some of the care in the community cases they have on for us all to laugh at?

There are some auditioners who clearly have mental issues, yet they are put up there to be laughed at.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Predictable' just about sums the whole thing up.

How convenient that so many of the would-be contestants have a tragic story to tell, complete with heartrending soundtrack. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i turned over when snow patrol came on
  • GarryMcGarryMc Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You people might not like it. That's fine. But last night's episode had 8.5m viewers, with ITV1 having more viewers than all the other terrestrial channels combined. I love the new series. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GarryMc wrote: »
    You people might not like it. That's fine. But last night's episode had 8.5m viewers, with ITV1 having more viewers than all the other terrestrial channels combined. I love the new series. :D

You're obsessed with viewing figures.

That's over 50 million people who didn't watch it you know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    You're obsessed with viewing figures.

That's over 50 million people who didn't watch it you know!

No, you are obsessed with negativity. I am trying to get the point across that if you don't like a show, don't watch it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you are obsessed with negativity. I am trying to get the point across that if you don't like a show, don't watch it. :rolleyes:

People are merely expressing their concern about the state of TV.

X Factor is manipulative, pre-planned and ordained tosh.
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet it is constantly one of the highest rated shows on tv. It's what people want to see.
  • slappy101slappy101 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its dragged on far to long this is because the company who makes xfactor are to lazy to think of a brand new show i would like a show called britains funniest person
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LlamaKing wrote: »
    Yet it is constantly one of the highest rated shows on tv. It's what people want to see.

Bring back hanging then.
  • spoonboyspoonboy Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where exactly do they release the viewing figures?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoonboy wrote: »
    Where exactly do they release the viewing figures?

You can find them on either BroadcastNow.co.uk or the Media Guardian.
  • pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughing at the mentally ill is not nice.
    For me, it does not get watchable until the 'live' shows.
    If you don't watch the heats you won't miss anyting of any significance.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And not forgetting the 'leaked' panel arguments...Sharon snubs Danni etc, just to ensure the other 50 million of us might be arsed to watch :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I couldn't agree more about the formulaic nature of X Factor. Yes, I do continue to watch, but that's mainly because I like the concept of a talent show. I sometimes wonder what evidence the producers had that, at a certain point in time, people stopped watching to look at new talent and were glued to the TV in order to gawp at the 'funny' auditionees.

Although probably now long-forgotten, Pop Idol did in fact retain the idea that we were watching for the talent. I remember greatly enjoying the behind-the-scenes rehearsals shown on ITV2 and presented by Kate Thornton. In those days, while we did get to know more about the contestants during the week, the music remained at the heart of the programme. TV talent shows have a long pedigree and have always been popular. I think the development of X Factor into the formulaic dross that it is now is the consequence of a complete disconnect between television executives and the audience they are supposed to serve.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X-Factor is a travesty of a talent show. They really do lay it on with a trowel in terms of the 'sad' cases for us to laugh at, the sad cases for the sympathy selection and the pantomime judge dramas and rivalries. I do wish we had a genuine talent show and not a freak show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Waste Of Time Watching Or Even Voting For Anyone On This Show!
    We Are Still Waiting For "leona" To Release A Single Nearly 1 Year After Winning The Bloody Show
    Ffs What Was The Point Of Last Years X Factor When The "winner" Hasnt Even Released A Single Yet???
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched x factor last night (not my choice tho) and I fully agree this series has changed quite a lot, instead of really bad singers it really is people who have mental problems. The guy who got through who was in the army was clearly not liked by simon, but he said yes as he felt sorry for him. Yes the viewing figures stay high but we live in a chav culture nowadays - don't we?;)
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    It's watchable but for me the format ceased to be interesting after the original Pop Idol series.
    Watching obviously mentally disturbed people or dozens of wannabes is all a bit boring now.
    If they want to find a real musically talented person or someone with the 'X Factor' it should only have talents that write their own songs and/or play so much of the music involved.

All the show does is introduce to the public a person that has a good,yet indistiguisable voice that cannot write music/play music or have any artistic individuality.On top of this it overexposes them from the get go.

It's WAY too corporate for my liking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Waste Of Time Watching Or Even Voting For Anyone On This Show!
    We Are Still Waiting For "leona" To Release A Single Nearly 1 Year After Winning The Bloody Show
    Ffs What Was The Point Of Last Years X Factor When The "winner" Hasnt Even Released A Single Yet???

Yes, her Christmas number one single really was that forgettable!
    And the poster has a point, she hasn't released anything since, and if she does so now, it won't succeed as she'll already be 'so last year'.
    The programme is utterly pointless, producing singers, not 'pop stars', and acts with no staying power. To compare with another field of human endeavour, say a football scout discovered four strikers for a club over four seasons. Each one would score a hattrick in their first game, but then stop scoring and eventually be dropped from the team for poor performance. What would be the point of continuing to employ this scout?
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I think the record-buying public are slowly realising that they're being sold a product rather than the next big thing in music, hence the poor record of X Factor winners so far. As entertaining as talents shows are - and should be - they're increasingly seen as an end in themselves rather than the start of the artist's career. The reason why Popstars and Pop Idol were so wildly successful was because they genuinely did appear to lift the lid on the music industry and give us an insight into the talent that was out there. I'm not so naive as to think there was absolutely no story-boarding in those shows, but the fact that Hear'Say ended up with a member that had hardly appeared during the series (Myleene) suggests that the selection process was utterly genuine and outside the control of the television producers. You can count the good singers (whom we actually hear sing) on the fingers of one hand in a typical X Factor episode. No sooner have they received their ticket to 'bootcamp' than we are subjected to an annoying voice-over to the effect that "the auditions in Manchester (or insert another city) just keep getting better and better" accompanied by milisecond glimpses of talent. We're being short-changed.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slappy101 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed at the very end of every episode theres a sympathy win what i mean is yesterday someone who was in iraq and lost 2 freinds was on it and it was obvious he would get through because ppl were upset for him also a week before some womens dad died and left the x factor audition sheet for her and it was shown right at the end i know that losing friends and family is sad but i dont think they should get an advantage

Yes it was pretty much the same formula last week as well...
    ...after many poor applicants on the day the judges apparently gave up all hope, but the very last contestant on the day was a sweet girl whose close relative recently died of a disease or something,...cue sad music and emotional manipulation.