What is it with cats and Dreamies?

CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My cat LOVES them. She also quite likes Felix treats but I reckon not as much.

Why do they like them so much?

Does your cat love/ hate them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I have no idea but my. Two are the same as soon as they hear the packet or hear them dropping on the floor no matter where they are they come running in lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine won't go near them.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat is a total Dreamies addict. She assumes any like shaped packet is her next fix - including the one the pond food is in - lucky the pond is netted else she'd jump in after what she assumes is dreamies:D
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat prefers Whiskas Temptations.

If I forget to put them out of his reach, he always manages to get the top off and devour the lot.....then sicks them up :rolleyes:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat isn't really into Dreamies. She likes those meaty treat sticks, and goes absolutely mental for pilchards.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Our old cat loved them and so does our current cat. You'll even get pestered in the night for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We lay them in a long twisty line on the carpet and watch Missy Hoover them up like an anteater!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ems loved the Whiskas ones in the purple tubs, especially cheese and chicken. She was always begging for just one more.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I forget to put them out of his reach, he always manages to get the top off and devour the lot.....then sicks them up :rolleyes:

yeah mine will do anything for them ,whatever is in them they love it.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    I have no idea but my. Two are the same as soon as they hear the packet or hear them dropping on the floor no matter where they are they come running in lol

My cat loves Dreamies too. I think there must be some sort of narcotic in them to make them addicted.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mine like anything but go crazy for Temptations .Gizmo and Bookend go on middle of the night manouvres looking for treats and they always find where I hide them. Gizmo will climb up and knock them down from a shelf to Bookend who will then set about trying to open them.

Its crack for cats , I am sure.
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat loves them, to the point where she will not eat her normal food. (Which is very bad)
    I use to give my cat a couple of them every other day (I would buy her 1 pack every year, so it's not like she's getting them every other day of her life) We would obviously give her the regular cat food as well, but she started being sick. So we no longer give her dreamies, or any treats as we are worried she will get sick again and therefore go off her regular cat food.
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's just my cat that won't touch them then ? Our puppy got the bag out of the cupboard and he loves them too .
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    ic wrote: »
    So it's just my cat that won't touch them then ? Our puppy got the bag out of the cupboard and he loves them too .

My son's cat won't bother with them.

My cat likes them but the stuff he goes mad for is Cat's Delight sticks (or the Asda cheapo version :D )
  • Ju411Ju411 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic wrote: »

Molly wasn't too excited about them.. she does however love the temptations treats.. and some treats that I got her from Germany and haven't seen around here yet.. The manufacturer is called Gimpet, and one treat consists of little cheese drops.. the other cat mint drops... needless to say she likes them both :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both my two love them, but one of them is allergic to them (makes his skin go all itchy and scabby) so I have to feed the other one in secret!
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my cats love Dreamies but my Bengal goes CRAZY for them! I agree with the poster who says they're like a narcotic to them!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have to store the packets in a stainless steel canister, to stop the biatch MC feeding herself.

We don't always get it right (e.g. newly bought packets yet to be put away).

Normally she'll trot past us with a packet in her mouth to eat at the front porch... why? we think possibly she prefers to sit on the mat rather than the wooden flooring. Once she did try with a 3kg bag of Iams, presumably think it was all her xmases come at once with a giant Dreamies Chicken... poor girl was so disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    All my cats love Dreamies but my Bengal goes CRAZY for them! I agree with the poster who says they're like a narcotic to them!:D

Narcotics?, Try Valerian "sleepy tea" tea bags.
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M cat could act in the advert for them.:D

He's the same with the meaty sticks. He growls like a dog when he's got a stick in his mouth, like its real 'prey' :D
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll all end up in rehab !! :D
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    I try to restrict my cats Dreamies habit, and make them work for their fix. So I scatter/hide them and make them hunt or treats go inside a feeding ball or cardboard box filled with wrapping paper.

I just hope Dreamies don't cause the cravings of a druggie.

I know people are joking, but I wouldn't like to think they really are like crack!
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Beats me - they absolutely stink!

I know most cat food won't win the award for pleasant aroma of the year but Dreamies are in my top 10 worst smells.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    My cat swallows them whole, he doesn't even crunch them lol
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ju411 wrote: »
    Molly wasn't too excited about them.. she does however love the temptations treats.. and some treats that I got her from Germany and haven't seen around here yet.. The manufacturer is called Gimpet, and one treat consists of little cheese drops.. the other cat mint drops... needless to say she likes them both :D

They have them on Amazon. Just going to order them for my Molly.:D