CZJ and Michael Douglas split

Comments

• milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    He doesn't do much work now. Probably she wants a younger model.:D

I think Liberace was work, he is still A-List. CZJ is D-list without him, even with an Oscar. People don't really like her in the UK
    footygirl wrote: »
    Don't think she deserved BSA Oscar for Chicago - should have gone to Queen Latifah IMO - who made her character likeable

Or Julianne Moore for The Hours..she was great..
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I could see this coming a mile off. I mean would you want to stay with a man who blamed his cancer on having too much oral sex with you http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/02/michael-douglas-oral-sex-cancer

Let's be honest its not the most romantic thing to say about one's partner.

+1

Telling the world yer wife has a dirty minge, massive fail! :p
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    always thought she'd be the one to run off with a younger man at some stage.

I thought she had a go with plenty of younger men, like John Leslie and Mick Hucknall, before deciding to go for an elder statesman in Douglas.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    +1

Telling the world yer wife has a dirty minge, massive fail! :p

Hardly what he said, however I am sure more than a few men were very envious of his 'ahem' position
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    If Michael Douglas is 'old', what does that make his dad, Kirk, lol?

A breathing cadaver I guess. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Hardly what he said, however I am sure more than a few men were very envious of his 'ahem' position

Yes, I bet they'll be queuing up now to find out how rancid it really is. :D
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's breaking news on Sky. Wow a couple split. :D
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, according to that Guardian piece ...:
    HPV is common – if you're a sexually active adult, you've probably had it. By the age of 25, 90% of sexually active people will have been exposed to some form of genital HPV.

... so it's unlikely that both you and whoever you are sexually active with (if you are sexually active) is potentially 'rancid' (insert other inappropriate terms as desired).

Anyway, back on topic, they've announced - via publicist - that they have separated. Whether that will lead to divorce in the foreseeable future, only time will tell. But for two people who have had cancer and bi-polar health problems in the last three/four years, it's a lot for any marriage to take/bear.
  • FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    There'll be a queue a mile long sniffing round her now.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know many people were cynical when they first got together but it seemed like they really loved each other. Shame.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    It's breaking news on Sky. Wow a couple split. :D

Amazed he managed that long with her TBH.....the day she married him she disappeared up her own arse. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    so it's unlikely that both you and whoever you are sexually active with (if you are sexually active) is potentially 'rancid' (insert other inappropriate terms as desired).

Sounds pretty rancid to me. Probably a good idea to keep your tongue away from those areas just in case. Good on Michael for raising the issue though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people who have met them on Bermuda and said they were a lovely family and very down to earth.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    I thought she had a go with plenty of younger men, like John Leslie and Mick Hucknall, before deciding to go for an elder statesman in Douglas.

She's never really had much taste:D
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I know many people were cynical when they first got together but it seemed like they really loved each other. Shame.

I freely admit that I thought she was after him because he was a Hollywood hotshot, and for him, she was arm candy. The fact that they have lasted so long and been through so much together shows that my cynicism was totally unfounded.

Sounds pretty rancid to me. Probably a good idea to keep your tongue away from those areas just in case. Good on Michael for raising the issue though.

Oral sex is no more dangerous than penetrative sex as long as all parties get regularly tested. Plus, it's fun:eek:
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Amazed he managed that long with her TBH.....the day she married him she disappeared up her own arse. :rolleyes:

I do think she suffers severely with 'delusions of grandeur' :D

IIRC he had a good ol' sniff around Martine McCutcheon before CZJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The issue was raised many years ago within Lesbian circles... trouble was GPs discounted the obvious cause of a variety of throat problems being suffered... and I don't think HPV had been identified back then...

Did someone above say that the split was instigated by Michael :confused: Same happened after (Sir) Roger Moore recovered from his cancer... split from his love-match-wife-of-long-standing... maybe it's something to do with being given a second chance of life...

And what about their children... sad when any couple splits whatever has brought it about...
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    I do think she suffers severely with 'delusions of grandeur' :D

IIRC he had a good ol' sniff around Martine McCutcheon before CZJ

thanks, that really made me laugh:D also I didn't know that, Mick Hucknall in common too, strange old world.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member

I freely admit that I thought she was after him because he was a Hollywood hotshot, and for him, she was arm candy. The fact that they have lasted so long and been through so much together shows that my cynicism was totally unfounded.

The fact they've lasted so long may have had a lot to do with the terms of their pre-nup - to be brutally frank, the $2.8m per year she gets for being married to him is rather more than she earns from her film making these days. I am totally cynical about any woman who negotiates a fee for staying married.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact they've lasted so long may have had a lot to do with the terms of their pre-nup - to be brutally frank, the $2.8m per year she gets for being married to him is rather more than she earns from her film making these days. I am totally cynical about any woman who negotiates a fee for staying married.

Well yes and no. Normally I would agree but he had a very publicised sex addiction and the bonus was more as an incentive for him to keep it in his pants so I believe. But I have to say I find her quite dreadful......greedy, grasping and di60 says delusions of extreme grandeur considering she always portrayed herself as 'Sweet little Cath from the Valleys'.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Well yes and no. Normally I would agree but he had a very publicised sex addiction and the bonus was more as an incentive for him to keep it in his pants so I believe. But I have to say I find her quite dreadful......greedy, grasping and di60 says delusions of extreme grandeur considering she always portrayed herself as 'Sweet little Cath from the Valleys'.

I don't even rate her as an actress. Certainly not in the league as the likes of Streep, Close, Sarandon, Roberts, Mirren, Winslet and Foster
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member

No, the $2.8m pa is simply for each year of marriage. She will be getting $35m for her 13 years before child support if she enforces the pre-nup. He also has to pay $1m per infidelity (whether that is per bonk or per partner has never been made clear). Anyway you look at it, he bought a wife, she sold her wares!
    Forum Member
    No, the $2.8m pa is simply for each year of marriage. She will be getting $35m for her 13 years before child support if she enforces the pre-nup. He also has to pay $1m per infidelity (whether that is per bonk or per partner has never been made clear). Anyway you look at it, he bought a wife, she sold her wares!

BIB really made me :D

Withstanding finances...... I really do think he is better off without her.
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in my opinion these two have been split for at least 2 years and I think the reason they do not end it cleanly is because they are a couple of addicts who are thriving on the situation.

It is messed up and their poor children will be messed up. Catherine sold out I think. She can obviously afford very expensive therapy but I don't think it will ever be enough because truly doesn't want to resolve what she enjoys so much, the drama, the high life, the adoration. Her diagnosis of bipolar is of course tragic but is that what it is? who diagnosed her? a very expensive private psychiatrist?
    Forum Member
    cleo petra wrote: »
    in my opinion these two have been split for at least 2 years and I think the reason they do not end it cleanly is because they are a couple of addicts who are thriving on the situation.

It is messed up and their poor children will be messed up. Catherine sold out I think. She can obviously afford very expensive therapy but I don't think it will ever be enough because truly doesn't want to resolve what she enjoys so much, the drama, the high life, the adoration. Her diagnosis of bipolar is of course tragic but is that what it is? who diagnosed her? a very expensive private psychiatrist?

her PR people ;)....... I personally think her problem is alcohol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    her PR people ;)....... I personally think her problem is alcohol

I have always thought that alcohol could be at the root of her problems.