Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Dialogue from episode, best read bottom to top.
    @ryanfarrr
    They all sing: "The arrow flew into flight, the sheriff fought with all his might!" #dwsr
    DetailsOpen
    5m
    Ryan @ryanfarrr
    Robin fires the arrow. After five seconds, first AD gives the signal ("BOOM!") and the crowd cheers very loudly. The merry men sing #dwsr
    DetailsOpen
    5m
    Ryan @ryanfarrr
    The Doctor: "While you were asleep I made a special arrow… with a homing device" Clara: "Oh, brilliant" #dwsr
    DetailsOpen
    5m
    @ryanfarrr
    The Doctor: "I cheated" Clara: "What?!" The Doctor: "I cheated! I needed to win the tournament to get into the castle" #dwsr
    @ryanfarrr
    Robin Hood: "It has to be you, Doctor. My arm is injured" Clara: "You're good at it Doctor, I saw you, you won the tournament" #dwsr

@ryanfarrr
    Clara: "What are you suggesting?" The Doctor: "The golden arrow, Clara. Here" [he gives the bow and arrow to Robin Hood] #dws

@ryanfarrr
    Robin Hood: "You do have a plan!" The Doctor: "Yes, but it almost certainly won't work" #dwsr
    D @ryanfarrr
    Clara: "What's the plan?" The Doctor: "A plan?! I've not always got a plan Clara, I'm not made of plans!" #dwsr

https://vine.co/v/MJpxPJrwTrL
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of above from Ryan:

http://youtu.be/n42SVe2mWTU
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Nice filming there.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Episode 6 - Coal Hill Disaster (?)
    Written by Gareth Roberts || Directed by Paul Murphy

The Doctor goes undercover as the caretaker of Coal Hill School. Robotic owl-like creature with glowing blue eyes spotted. First on-set use of the returning sonic screwdriver. Includes Danny Pink and long chase sequences in the school - with a large use of student extras, with some featuring more in the story. The Doctor goes ladder climbing in to the school. Coal Hill is as it was at the start of Day of The Doctor - at Gladstone Primary School.

Capaldi is a gent with fans. || Capaldi is a gent with extras.

Good news - the question mark was justified.
    Gareth Roberts
    No my new DW ep is NOT called 'Coal Hill Disaster' and never was. And let's face it nothing ever WOULD be called 'Coal Hill Disaster'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news - the question mark was justified.

As suspected - titles are full of it! Someone pretending to have contacts to gain attention. Now, let's find the source, and disregard anything more they have to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    As suspected - titles are full of it! Someone pretending to have contacts to gain attention. Now, let's find the source, and disregard anything more they have to say.

To be fair, the question mark was there because nobody seemed sure about the third word :p It could still be Coal Hill <something>.

We might not want to disregard everything, however. We had Robots of Sherwood long before filming pictures of robots in a Robin Hood story appeared online :p But actual titles can change at any point, so they have been more... descriptive than anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the question mark was there because nobody seemed sure about the third word :p It could still be Coal Hill <something>.

We might not want to disregard everything, however. We had Robots of Sherwood long before filming pictures of robots in a Robin Hood story appeared online :p But actual titles can change at any point, so they have been more... descriptive than anything.
    No, you're right, and I am being a little unfair. It's possible that whoever posted it genuinely believed they'd received golden information. Just tiring of false prophets and false alarms!

Robots of Sherwood does seem to have had a germ of truth to it, yes. Someone definitely had something, there - but I'll be stunned if Kill the Moon isn't something someone's made up to vaguely sound like Let's Kill Hitler, and I get the impression Mummy on the Orient Express is a remixed quip from the end of series five.

ETA: I've been googling, trying to find a source, and I've got this -
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31438/-doctor-who-scribe-talks-future-episodes

Gatiss is penning the seventh and tenth episodes of the new season, while show runner and his "Sherlock" co-producer/creator Steven Moffat is penning three - the season premiere, finale and the fourth episode entitled "Listen".

Don't know that it's the original source, but where the hell does that come from? Mark Gatiss didn't even know if he was doing one or two episodes for this series - where the hell did seventh and tenth come from? His ep's widely reported as the third, anyway. It's just shoddy. They've just made that up. DW journalism is so terrible at the moment.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good point. When I heard Robots of Sherwood mentioned I thought, yeurgh, rubbish title and idea. Then remembered how much I loved Androids of Tara and bet a Zenda rip off, sorry, homage might have sounded a bit dodgy at the time. And if I was judging stories by titles....well, you don't get much worse than The Deadly Assassin!
  • Options
    gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Doctor Who's penchant for B-movie/Flash Gordon style titles. Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was no worse than Pyramids Of Mars, even if the story was.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Doctor Who's penchant for B-movie/Flash Gordon style titles. Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was no worse than Pyramids Of Mars, even if the story was.

Yeah. Next B-Movie rip-off should be The Blob or The Stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Coal Hill Disaster came from an extra on set. Considering most were school children, I think we can let them off ;)
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Moffats son suggested Flesh and Stone for 5.5 out of the mouths of babes ...
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Coal Hill
    Monster
    ............perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another speculation video from Emergency Awesome:

Doctor Who Series 8 New Characters Breakdown
    http://youtu.be/HldsOi_Ccs4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Another speculation video from Emergency Awesome:

Doctor Who Series 8 New Characters Breakdown
    http://youtu.be/HldsOi_Ccs4

Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I don't personally have anything against the guy, and have even spoken to him a couple of times, but there is a lot of wrong/out dated information in there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im kinda growing tired now . There was a time when I eagerly awaited news from the tennant or Smith doctors but now all I feel is when are the missing episodes coming.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Im kinda growing tired now . There was a time when I eagerly awaited news from the tennant or Smith doctors but now all I feel is when are the missing episodes coming.

What missing episodes?

Of the original classic series? Because this thread is for the current New Who.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Growing tired of a not hearing news from a TV show when it's in production? Growing tired of spoilers? Growing tired of the show entirely?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    do we think Davros will be back for this series?
    i really dont think i could put up with another woeful dalek story (aside from Asylum which i thought was brilliant)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i really dont think i could put up with another woeful dalek story (aside from Asylum which i thought was brilliant)

The Dalek episode has been filmed - no mumblings of Davros as far as I know.

What about Davros before the chair?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dalek episode has been filmed - no mumblings of Davros as far as I know.

What about Davros before the chair?!

Maybe I missed this, but what race was Davros, he clearly didn't look anything like the other races on Skaro?
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Maybe I missed this, but what race was Davros, he clearly didn't look anything like the other races on Skaro?

Kaled
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Growing tired of a not hearing news from a TV show when it's in production? Growing tired of spoilers? Growing tired of the show entirely?

When Tennant was in while there was a wait I was interested.

When Smith took over I became interested while the breaks as silly as they were kept me interested.

For some reason I dont feel the same way with Capaldi at the helm alough the missing episodes rumours has probably taken my attention to them hence the lack of new series stuff.

Seeing a new doctor in his first full episode should keep me wanting to see it but im not.

No idea why.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to see Peter's first season now. Easter has always been the perfect time to show a new season, just a few months after Christmas. Not almost a whole year.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »

I don't think he is to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.