Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Politiks wrote: »
Welcome to the lovely newbies but I must say I'm not happy with the unnecessary comments about Katy Perry :( I'm no fan of her at all but I think her body is great and as a 26yr old girl, I appreciate the presence of all non-toothpick women in showbiz. Must we slate her? Must we? Surely we should use our combined powers for good and knock Grotbags off her perch once and for all, instead of calling famous girls with perfectly lovely bodies "chunky".

This thread is a continuation of: Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God! I thought something awful had happened. Also I'm thrilled that I finished off the last thread!

Welcome all. Where is Bellagio's throne? Did someone pack it with the broomsticks?
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like toothpicks either (I'm a guy, BTW), but having (unavoidably) seen pix of Mz Perry in her stage costumes, while she's no elephant, fact is she's a bit of an odd shape and doesn't float my boat at all (since you asked, Karen Allen).

Plus, she can't sing. :D

Plus, she married Russell Brand. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no getting away from the Russell Brand thing. Bang to rights there.

I am just not comfortable calling a young girl who looks like this chunky: http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/7799_katy_perry02.jpg

Anyway, horses for courses and all that. The most important thing is that there is no mention of FRS yet in this thread so can someone post up a list of who it is and is not for those who find this thread without reading part 2? Would do it myself but I am at work. (I am on lunch, not skiving, promise.) :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! Thought that the thread has been closed by DS! :eek:

Thankfully I can still sit back every day and enjoy the brilliant posts and p!ss takes :D (loved the farmers link, is there ANYONE this woman hasn't upset at some point?)

Great posts guys and keep up the good work. There must be a lot of lurkers like me who rarely or never post but enjoy our daily dose of this thread :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    There is no getting away from the Russell Brand thing. Bang to rights there.

I am just not comfortable calling a young girl who looks like this chunky: http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/7799_katy_perry02.jpg

Anyway, horses for courses and all that. The most important thing is that there is no mention of FRS yet in this thread so can someone post up a list of who it is and is not for those who find this thread without reading part 2? Would do it myself but I am at work. (I am on lunch, not skiving, promise.) :D

Hi Politiks,
    It was me that referred to her as chunky and although I'm sorry I upset you I do stand by my description. That picture you've linked to is not how she looks now and in your link she most definitely is not chunky. She appears to have put on weight (since her marriage?) around her hips and thighs and the dress that Liz Jones refers to just isn't the right style for her (or me come to that;). It's more of a Posh Spice type of dress - no hips and very little chest.
    On to the cows and their pensions..... I didn't read the article initially as I thought it would annoy me too much but after reading the farmers' responses I thought I should go back and have a look. The article is bad enough but some of the comments from vegan readers of the Mail website are unbelievable. Obviously the chopping off of cow legs before the cow dies is a vegan urban(?) myth. There's also one lunatic that says that you can't produce eggs humanely as what do you do with the male chicks. Apart from the fact that the eggs are taken away and sold before they hatch either male or female chicks, the eggs aren't fertilized so they aren't gonna produce chicks no matter what you do to them. It always amazes me that vegans (yes Liz I include you in that even though your veganism seems to wax and wane somewhat) 'love' animals so much but seem to hate humans - and I say that as an animal lover.
  • SharanskiSharanski Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BUMP (from the last page of the previous thread) ......
    Originally Posted by Bellagio
    Posted in this weeks Moans:

"Who's Liz Jones?

- Jim Kerr, Italy, 1/9/2011 20:38"

Please please please all GREEN arrow this comment of this genius person !!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2032244/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Press-want-driven-mad-phone-robot.html

Not enuf green arrows yet -- come on Liz's coven of crazed harpies !!! :D:D:D

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Sharanski wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2032244/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Press-want-driven-mad-phone-robot.html

Done :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

vikki13lou wrote: »

Ditto :D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    I don't like toothpicks either (I'm a guy, BTW), but having (unavoidably) seen pix of Mz Perry in her stage costumes, while she's no elephant, fact is she's a bit of an odd shape and doesn't float my boat at all (since you asked, Karen Allen).

Yee gods! I know exactly what you mean:eek:.
    I'm a bloke and should theoretically laugh at RB, in a blokish sort of way.
    But his oily-creep arrogant inane attempts at humour make me shudder.. Seriously creepy guy. and not in a cool way...
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

I added one from my phone earlier and one from the PC now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Liz Jones?

Somehow I can't envision a 'Spartacus' scenario.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    I'm a bloke and should theoretically laugh at RB, in a blokish sort of way.
    But his oily-creep arrogant inane attempts at humour make me shudder.. Seriously creepy guy. and not in a cool way...

Nah - man's a complete tit. Nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah - man's a complete tit. Nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is.

I looked at this entry first and thought, Rob Bryden IS funny!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved watching Karen Allen in the late 70's / early 80's (Animal House is still a guilty pleasure:o) as she seemed so normal and down to earth - and also gorgeous in a girl next door sort of way rather than "in your face". I also think LJ could take a huge leaf out of her book on "How to be 50+ and still look great" :D

http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/picture/Karen_Allen/GYI0064297929.html

also done!
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member

Thank you- it's got 142 green arrows now :D:D:D:D

I also submitted another comment which they didn't print!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    I loved watching Karen Allen in the late 70's / early 80's (Animal House is still a guilty pleasure:o) as she seemed so normal and down to earth - and also gorgeous in a girl next door sort of way rather than "in your face". I also think LJ could take a huge leaf out of her book on "How to be 50+ and still look great" :D

http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/picture/Karen_Allen/GYI0064297929.html

also done!
    Poor Karen had a complete mental breakdown at one stage. I hope that is in the past and she has made a full recovery. I struck me recenlt that her character in Raiders might have been based on Nancy Wake, a Resistance Agent working for the SOE during World War Two, who was known for being able to drink any man under the table, was considered beautiful and led successful raids against the Gestapo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/special-forces-obituaries/8689765/Nancy-Wake.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome all. Where is Bellagio's throne? Did someone pack it with the broomsticks?

Yes, indeed. Bellagio is King of this thread for all his detective work and Cyanide Cindy is Queen.

Or perhaps that should be:

Bellago = Chief Warlock
    Cyanide Cindy = Chief Witch

.... of the Liz-Jones-is-nutty-as-a-fruitcake Coven of Crazed Harpies !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vikki13lou wrote: »

and others (sorry i have lost the ability to do multi-quotes -- it ain't working for me today).

Thanks all ..... it's 151 green arrows now and top of the "best rated"

Thanks so much Cyanide Cindy for being the genius who posted the JK quote in the first place !!!!

When will Liz come clean and fess all .....?

(sometime like the other side of never i expect -- ah well ;-)
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she will call his girlfriend rude names, witter on about Nirpal and yearn to search FRS's emails etc. Claims gf hasn't a job, is an ok yah piece of "Eurotrash".
    It is quite a disgusting piece tbh but then I hate cheap name calling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    No she will call his girlfriend rude names, witter on about Nirpal and yearn to search FRS's emails etc. Claims gf hasn't a job, is an ok yah piece of "Eurotrash".
    It is quite a disgusting piece tbh but then I hate cheap name calling.

To be fair to the raddled old bat, I saw an interview Nirps did a few years ago and he came across as a complete slimeball - looked like he could do with a good shower. She must have been totally desperate to even consider sleeping with him, never mind marrying him.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wanted a wedding and a husband and anything that could get her those would do. It's not as if she ever seemed to love him and her rage was because of the undeniable indignity of her behaviour toward her rather than the searing pain of having your dreams go up in smoke. He's vile but I have no sympathy for either of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest - this is OT-ish, but not too much - how many of us are on Facebook ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest - this is OT-ish, but not too much - how many of us are on Facebook ?

I am :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Me too. Should we form a group?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    purplecatz wrote: »
    I am :D:D

Me too.

P.S. Tried to green arrow the JK comment but couldn't 'internal error' apparently. :o
This discussion has been closed.