Daily Mail front page for tomorrow - Vile product of Welfare UK (Mick Philpott)

barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
Forum Member
https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/319193925019643904/photo/1 - So yeah if you're on benefits you kill your own kids. :rolleyes:

Sooner Press Regulation comes in the better.

Comments

• razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/319193925019643904/photo/1 - So yeah if you're on benefits you kill your own kids. :rolleyes:

Sooner Press Regulation comes in the better.

They are rather patronising their own readers with this garbage, no one with a functioning brain cell will take this seriously, will they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail never cease to find a new low.
  • Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    razorboy wrote: »
    They are rather patronising their own readers with this garbage, no one with a functioning brain cell will take this seriously, will they?

Just wait for the faithful to come along. ;)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see a problem with it myself.

They are evil people, can't wrap that up in cotton candy.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vile product of the hate peddling media of this country would be an alternative headline of course.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So predictable would expect nothing less from this rag of a paper
  • razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member
    Don't see a problem with it myself.

They are indeed evil people
    They claim benefits
    Bill Bloggs claims benefits
    Bill Bloggs is Evil

See the logic they are pedaling

How about
    Robert Maxwell was a fraudster
    Maxwell was very rich
    Joe Bloggs is very rich
    He must be a fraudster

Same logic

Both scenarios are ridiculous and only the naïve get taken in by them

The trouble is the DM keeps repeating the former and it has an effect

Even Sun readers were smart enough to reject their paper after Hillsborough
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, they're evil people, but what the hell has it got to do with the welfare system? There's plenty of good people on benefits, and plenty of evil people with millions in the bank. Hijacking the deaths of 6 children to promote their agenda is just vile, and anyone who doesn't have a problem with that is just as bad as they are.

Sadly, so many members of DS politics are so far to the right, they probably do see this headline as OK.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone really think he'd have sired 17 kids if he wasn't well paid to?
    He's stabbed, allegedly raped, and now slaughtered six children- and we supported him finacially all the way. His sense of entitlement to whatever he can get is well evidenced by the ASDA vouchers story - where did he get that feeling that anything he wants is up for grabs? Why. from living off the rest of us for all these years, no matter how vile he was.
    It would be wrong to infer that all on benefits are like him - but there is a point to be made about the lifestyle the state allowed him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick Philpott is a typical Alf Garnett type of Tory voter, I would expect that he is far more likely to have voted Tory or BNP at the last election than Labour or LIb-Dem for that matter.

Lets all try it on like the Daily Mail.:mad:
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if he'd been in work he wouldn't have killed his children.
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Only a mind as equally odious and warped as the Daily Mail's hacks could think that sort of headline is acceptable.

The welfare state has not produced these people any more than the university system produced Harold Shipman. The headline is ludicrous hyperbole.

What these people did was evil and they are rightly being punished (severely I hope), but to try and make out that this is the fault of "welfare UK" really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Anybody that condemns the hyperbole in other benefit threads should be condemning this piece of rubbish otherwise they are showing themselves to be hypocrites of the highest order.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    So if he'd been in work he wouldn't have killed his children.

Yes, we all know people in work with jobs all live totally clean, honest lives, without an inkling of criminal or anti-social behaviour. It's only those dirty scroungers that cause all the bad in thr world....
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone tell me this is a wind up? I have seen some pretty vile sh!t come from that paper over the years but that is just outrageous even for that filth,
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    Yes, they're evil people, but what the hell has it got to do with the welfare system? There's plenty of good people on benefits, and plenty of evil people with millions in the bank. Hijacking the deaths of 6 children to promote their agenda is just vile, and anyone who doesn't have a problem with that is just as bad as they are.

They used children to work the benefits system to their advantage. I don't think they intended to kill them, they were trying to work the system to get a bigger house.

and I just watched 16 kids and counting on Channel 4.

These people are using children to rob us all and seems to be plenty who are prepared to jump on the bandwagon. Thats the evil part, to bring children into the world, just to get money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say papers are struggling because of the internet i certainly wont miss this rag if it goes to the wall
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    They say papers are struggling because of the internet this one i wont miss if it goes to the wall

I get it delivered everyday but can sort out the bull from the facts i only like the features though not the over the top rhetoric .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone tell me this is a wind up? I have seen some pretty vile sh!t come from that paper over the years but that is just outrageous even for that filth,

sad truth is how many people out there in petrol stations or on newsstands will agree with it. IDS and Lord Fraud had a plan with the help of Osbourne to make sure everyone on Benefits is demonized.

When labour were in power remember how many stories they run on the Benefits Abu qatada was getting.

Yet not one mention of the Queen getting a pay rise of 6 million.
  • UnforgivenUnforgiven Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Evil, nasty piece of work, and yes there are others like him, but they are the minority. As usual a cheap shot from a tabloid paper trying to paint the picture of everyone on benefits.

The reality is that the majority of people claiming benefits are simply good folks trying to get by the best they can, someone who has been made redundant, someone who has had an accident, someone who has developed an illness, a heart attack, anything can bring people on to the benefits system and it can happen to anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might as well have the headline 'Vile product of Tory Britain' it is equally correct.
  • PeggysDadPeggysDad Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A story that is clearly being run to deflect from the problems with the welfare cuts and get people onside.

After all, who cares if people on benefits starve if they are all evil child killers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    sad truth is how many people out there in petrol stations or on newsstands will agree with it. IDS and Lord Fraud had a plan with the help of Osbourne to make sure everyone on Benefits is demonized.

When labour were in power remember how many stories they run on the Benefits Abu qatada was getting.

Yet not one mention of the Queen getting a pay rise of 6 million.

OR the richest 13,000 people in the country getting and extra 100k a year in couple of days time,.... oops... this must mean I iz Jeluz init cuz I iz skint?

I just love how the Tories seem to think that in order to get the poorest people in the country to either work, or work harder they have to give them LESS, and to get the rich to work harder they .,.... actually no, they just give the rich the money for no reason at all,

I have a baaaad feeling................
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail- vile product of capitalism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unforgiven wrote: »
    Evil, nasty piece of work, and yes there are others like him, but they are the minority. As usual a cheap shot from a tabloid paper trying to paint the picture of everyone on benefits.

The reality is that the majority of people claiming benefits are simply good folks trying to get by the best they can, someone who has been made redundant, someone who has had an accident, someone who has developed an illness, a heart attack, anything can bring people on to the benefits system and it can happen to anyone.

and lets remember that hundreds of thousands of these "scroungers" on benefits, actually WORK, but then the Daily Hate Mail and the Tories and their supporters don't want people noticing that little fact,

Some of them would do well to remember that they themselves are an illness or an accident or a redundancy away from being "benefit scroungers" themselves,

I dont wish it on anyone, but I would be unable to feel ANY sympathy for anyone who buys into this cr-p who found themselves on benefits due to events beyond their control.

:D;):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well dont like what you see?? Why not contact this chap the owner and tell him how much you hate his newspaper
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Harmsworth,_4th_Viscount_Rothermere