JLS or The Wanted or One Direction

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
which do you prefer?

if you had to listen to ones of these singles , which would you choose?

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't like any of them but JLS would the best of a bad lot. Even though they had a lot of crap songs they don't annoy me the way The Wanted or One Direction do.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I feel like One Direction's music is so average but probably them. The Wanted WERE really good but their new music is a no from me, same with JLS they went from great singles and album tracks to bad choices and trash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Who is JLS? I know The Wanted and One Direction. I thought Union J or Emblem3 were the next up boy band groups?
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither..Union J for me :P But if i had to pick One Direction (even though I find them very average singers that sing very weak songs)
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a couple of songs by JLS, so them easily.
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS started off quite good, then became boring and generic, however Hottest Girl In The World was a great single

The Wanted also were better when they jut started All Time Low, Heart Vacancy are great and Glad You Came is probably the best boyband song in the past 10 years, however their new stuff is total garbage!

1D are the most boring band their songs have got better but they are still pretty awful so overall I'd go with the Wanted, however put Aston, Max, Nathan and Zayn together an you'd have a great boyband
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS.

Well...that was easy :D
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you came is the only song that any of them have released that Ive liked so them.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    JLS. They come across as more down to earth. I do like the music from The Wanted though, but as people they do not come across very well in my opinion.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One direction. But there wasnt really alot to choose from.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    One Direction
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS but simply because they was a group of friends instead of being random guys put together by a marketing team.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    If i had to choose: The Wanted.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted were really good at first, their debut album was good, they should have stuck with that kind of sound, same with JLS, great first album but have since declined in quality, I guess I'd pick 1D, their releases are at least consistent and the band have stuck with the style they know they are good at.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to say the Wanted, as I'm familiar with two of their songs and have never heard anything by the others.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted. A pack o' ********s for sure but they've done quite a few good tracks. Their new one is pretty fun and Gold Forever is really nostalgic for me.

JLS are hands down the worst. Eyes Wide Shit was pretty cute though.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction definitely. They don't deserve to get such a hard time, they've released loads of great pop songs e.g. What Makes You Beautiful, Kiss You, Best Song Ever, Rock Me, Heart Attack, They Don't Know About Us, Stole My Heart etc. Their albums are really strong too, especially the second one.

Obviously if you don't like cheesy pop you're not going to like them, but they are what they are, they have their own sound and they don't chase trends like The Wanted and JLS.

I like the first JLS album, but their output went downhill after that. And The Wanted have a few good songs but their personalities (minus Nathan and Siva) really put me off.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad You Came was a great song for the Wanted.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction definitely! It's just catchy singalong music for me, I love them and they're five guys having the time of their life. It's never going to be the best singing in the world but they serve their purpose.

The Wanted are o....k but their good songs tend to be album tracks such as Last To Know and Lie To Me. Glad You Came was overplayed (My friend once said it's music to get an STI listening to and she's right!) and Lightning was alright. The rest are just forgetful.

JLS - Awful, I can't stand their music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to be One Direction and that's not just me being biased either. I've listened to every album from all three groups and 1D's albums are by far the strongest, the majority of the songs are single worthy.

The wanted are very average, some of their songs are okay but their cocky personalities massively put me off them as a band.

JLS have the worst albums by any boyband I've ever listened to and the only song I liked by them was EBIL.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wanted hands down, Gold Forever, Chasing The Sun, Lightning, are just Magic tracks, quite liked the vibe going on The 2nd album, I also quite like We Own The Night, very catchy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS, they were a group before the X Factor and didn't do it for the fame. They are by far the best and nicest and never seem to bicker with other celebrities. 1D and the Wanted ditched their UK fans and cared about the money and they are fame headed. JLS can also sing better and dance. I guarantee if JLS were never around, 1D would never have existed simply because Simon Cowell thought he could produce a younger version of the group that would take years to retire out of the industry.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS, they were a group before the X Factor and didn't do it for the fame. They are by far the best and nicest and never seem to bicker with other celebrities. 1D and the Wanted ditched their UK fans and cared about the money and they are fame headed. JLS can also sing better and dance. I guarantee if JLS were never around, 1D would never have existed simply because Simon Cowell thought he could produce a younger version of the group that would take years to retire out of the industry.

Mmmm so if JLS made it big in USA (and they did try but failed) they too would be seen as ditching their UK fans and just caring about the money. I get that these are your favourite out of the three but your reasoning sounds a bit skewed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Mmmm so if JLS made it big in USA (and they did try but failed) they too would be seen as ditching their UK fans and just caring about the money. I get that these are your favourite out of the three but your reasoning sounds a bit skewed!

JLS's management never cared about them, that's why they failed out there. 1D and the Wanted always seem to be in America and get their names in the press and bicker a lot. Did other groups go and ditch their home country? I didn't see N S*Y*N*C* do that or Backstreet Boys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    JLS by a country mile. Either loved or hated their singles. Loved 'She Makes Me Wanna', 'Eyes Wide Shut' and 'Beat Again'. I hated 'The Club is Alive', 'Hottest Girl in the World' and 'Love You More'

I haven't liked anything by The Wanted or One Direction and doubt I ever will.