Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first season has been shown on ITV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes ITV stopped showing the show after the first few seasons CBS Action hopefully might air all the seasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Love the show, hopefully CBS Action will show as many seasons as possible
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS own Showtime, for which Dexter is made for in the US.

So Dexter appearing over here on CBS Action is quite possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes been confirmed Dexter season 1 Wednesday 5th December at 10pm on CBS Action
    Forum Member
    how have you guys been able to confirm this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recieved a reply from CBS Action that they will be showing Dexter in that slot after Ultimate Force finishes its run
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Recieved a reply from CBS Action that they will be showing Dexter in that slot after Ultimate Force finishes its run

Thanks
  • FlannerzFlannerz Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Why did ITV only show the first series of Dexter? Were the ratings that bad or did it cost too much?
    Forum Member
    Flannerz wrote: »
    Why did ITV only show the first series of Dexter? Were the ratings that bad or did it cost too much?

They showed the first 2 series. in the post news slot, because episodes are too long for the 9-10PM, so U shan't imagine ratings were high
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that it starts tonight: http://www.cbsaction.co.uk/shows.php?title=Dexter
    Forum Member
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    Just a reminder that it starts tonight: http://www.cbsaction.co.uk/shows.php?title=Dexter

According to the listings on their site, they will definitely be showing both seasons 1 and 2, I couldn't be bothered to the math, to check out if they will be showing 3 onwards...
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Itv were fools not to continue airing it although I have fx (soon to be fox) so it doesn't matter to me anyway but to any of you who are watching at CBS pace, enjoy, its effin awesome
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael C looks so young (and scrummy) in Season 1.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good watching the first season again, I forgot a lot of what happened.

Doaks was very annoying.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    It's good watching the first season again, I forgot a lot of what happened.

Doaks was very annoying.

No. Doakes was a brilliant character.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always felt ITV should have shown Dexter in a 9pm Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening slot (when they have more leeway on when they can broadcast the news)

They just didn't know how to market or show it.

10:40pm on a Thurday evening was just silly.
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always felt ITV should have shown Dexter in a 9pm Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening slot (when they have more leeway on when they can broadcast the news)

I agree. In fact I think C4 would have been a better station for it. It could have been as big as Homeland has been over here, but most people I know, when chatting about good US TV shows, have never even heard of Dexter :(
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't we have a rule here that non UK shows can't be aired during prime-time hours, with regards to the main channels, anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't we have a rule here that non UK shows can be aired during prime-time hours, with regards to the main channels, anyway?

Do you mean is there a law that non UK shows CAN'T be shown during prime time?

Back in the day BBC1 aired Dallas and Dynasty and ITV aired LA Law and Falcon Crest for years.

In any case, ITV is an independent TV station, which means they can show what the like, when they like, as long as it complys with taste and decency laws.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean is there a law that non UK shows CAN'T be shown during prime time?

Back in the day BBC1 aired Dallas and Dynasty and ITV aired LA Law and Falcon Crest for years.

In any case, ITV is an independent TV station, which means they can show what the like, when they like, as long as it complys with taste and decency laws.

Yes, I've edited my post. :p

I don't think it's a law, more of a unwritten rule. I just thought I'd read somewhere that they brought it in because at one point our TV was saturated with American imports. That might have changed now, though.
    Forum Member

Dexter is too long (between 47 and 53 mins according to the BBFC) and probably too graphic for a 9PM slot, they'd have to delay the news (wouldn't go down well with Ofcom), reduce their ad time (wouldn't go down well with shareholders) or cut the episodes for length reasons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter is too long (between 47 and 53 mins according to the BBFC) and probably too graphic for a 9PM slot, they'd have to delay the news (wouldn't go down well with Ofcom), reduce their ad time (wouldn't go down well with shareholders) or cut the episodes for length reasons

The news wouldn't have been a problem Fri-Sun as the schedule is much more more flexible at weekends. ITV news can be as late as 11pm Sat and Sun.

Perhaps it would have been too graphic though? It never seems that bad to me, a lot of the horror is left to the imagination, but I suppose the Daily Rant may have got worked up about it....

Anyway, its all academic now.:D
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just mentioned on the Dexter US pace thread, that I've just started rewatching this. I can't believe how different Michael C Hall sounded. Dare I say, he actually came across as quite camp imo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I've just mentioned on the Dexter US pace thread, that I've just started rewatching this. I can't believe how different Michael C Hall sounded. Dare I say, he actually came across as quite camp imo!

In the opening credits at the end when he comes out of his home he looks as camp as a row of tents then also. :p