Cher Lloyd - With Ur Love ft. Juicy J (Us version)

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvxeiP1VMFo

I dont like Juicy J's part. But i do think it will probably sell better as it isn't on the album which means all her fans will buy it in the US.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    WITH UR LOVE is trending worldwide on twitter! Nice comments on this tho.
    I preffer Mike but this isn't bad :) 2nd US hit??
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WITH UR LOVE is trending worldwide on twitter! Nice comments on this tho.
    I preffer Mike but this isn't bad :) 2nd US hit??

Not trending in the US though :/
  • ChickletteChicklette Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on it, but I remember the first time I heard With Ur Love (Mike Posner version) I really disliked his section, and then it grew on me massively, so it might be the same with this version...?
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's Juicy J and why is he ruining a perfectly good song?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juicy J what a name lol.

Will listen to the USA version now.

EDIT:

Just listening to it and his verse is terrible. Only me who didn't know what he was saying?

Mike Posner's verse >>>> Juicy J's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Whoever's rapping has totally ruined the song for me. Mike Posner's version was PERFECT.

Mike Posner version >>>>>>>> solo version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juicy J's
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I feel like there's no need for the 'hey' 'hey' 'hey' in the background of his rap, it makes it sound dis-jointed and out of place. It should either be present in the whole of it or not at all.

But tbh on third listen I'm starting to like it.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Whoever's rapping has totally ruined the song for me. Mike Posner's version was PERFECT.

Mike Posner version >>>>>>>> solo version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juicy J's

Completely agree....like Astro was not needed on Want You Back lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's horrible, all the pointless bleeped swearing... her label need to stop with the features.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »

Kind of agree:(
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I am not ****ing here for this shit! How DARE Epic Records and L.A. Reid. What is WRONG with them? STOP IT! I have never in my life yelled at a girl like this! When my mother yells like this it's because she loves me! I was rooting for you. WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU! HOW DARE YOU! LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS! When you go to bed at night, you lay there and you take responsibility for yourself, because nobody's going to take responsibility for you. You don't know where I come from. You have no idea what I've been through. But I am not a victim. I grow from it and I learn. Take responsibility for yourself.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Member of rap group Three 6 Mafia. Became only the second rapper to win an Oscar for Best Original Song in 2006 :eek:
    Forum Member
    Since the solo version is already available on iTunes this won't affect the song on the charts at all.. And like, 50% won't understand this rap so..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is she still re releasing material off her first album, it's time to record some new tracks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to stop re-releasing the same material with different collaborators. Sure WUL is one of the strongest tracks off the album but her fans here and in the US will already know the song and have it in their collections. If One Direction don't need to keep re-releasing the same singles I don't understand why Cher has to. Adding a new collab and video doesn't do enough. She needs to be bringing out new material. One Direction already released their 2nd album months ago.

This Juicy J adds nothing to the song. In fact it was better with Posner.

I think the way she is being managed (focusing so much on 'cracking' the US is in danger of stunting her career internationally.) She has fans all over the world who want to hear new material not see her spending the next few months promoting WUL all over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donbon wrote: »
    They need to stop re-releasing the same material with different collaborators. Sure WUL is one of the strongest tracks off the album but her fans here and in the US will already know the song and have it in their collections. If One Direction don't need to keep re-releasing the same singles I don't understand why Cher has to. Adding a new collab and video doesn't do enough. She needs to be bringing out new material. One Direction already released their 2nd album months ago.

I think the way she is being managed (focusing so much on 'cracking' the US is in danger of stunting her career internationally.) She has fans all over the world who want to hear new material not see her spending the next few months promoting WUL all over again.

I agree totally. She almost certainly is in the studio in LA recording right now, and if they wanted a cost effective track to keep things bubbling in a low key way till new stuff was ready WUL was fine. But I just don't get all these endless collabs, Astro, Snoop Dogg, Juicy J added zero IMO, Posner was Ok ish and there was an in joke too, Becky G wrote Oath but I could still have done without her too on the track.

Why not let her sing on her own like hmm let me think WUB I mean that's only done about two million so far in N America.....not like she needed anyone else.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donbon wrote: »

i also agree, especially the last sentence. The frustration was palpable on twitter when this was announced as a single again - it's like they started her career all over again in the US, but it's asking for a lot of patience from fans everywhere else
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the original (even though i'm many, many years outside the target audience :)). this new version isn't good - as many have said, the "rap" adds nothing. Posner's verse was perfect for the tone of the song.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juicy J is signed to Kemosabe Records aka Dr Luke's record label. Becky G is also signed to the label..seems like some sort of trade to me. In exchange for Luke producing tracks for Cher's second album, she's got to have his acts featured on her current singles.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to disagree with most, cause I love Juicy J's rap. I never liked Mike on it, and Juicy is a great rapper imo.!!!
    Forum Member
    I liked tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juicy J is signed to Kemosabe Records aka Dr Luke's record label. Becky G is also signed to the label..seems like some sort of trade to me. In exchange for Luke producing tracks for Cher's second album, she's got to have his acts featured on her current singles.

This would at least make sense, even though they would seem to be messing around with Cher because of it.