frankie boyle and jim davidson

mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
Forum Member
can someone explain to me why frankie boyle is considerd acceptable for his so called humour and jim davidson isnt? i dont see any difference between they both make a living by being nasty

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    can someone explain to me why frankie boyle is considerd acceptable for his so called humour and jim davidson isnt? i dont see any difference between they both make a living by being nasty

Heh, this section it for comic books, Batman, X-Men, etc, etc.

Though I don't think Boyle is that mainstrean anymore, 'cept maybe in Scotland.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Boyle is hugely smart and talented, but I no longer want to listen to him. I've a strong stomach as far as humour is concerned but he's picking trivial targets and unleashing thermonuclear war on them. I want no part of an audience that enjoys that. I've zero problems with Jim Davidson in general. It's like looking at Poe or Howard or Burroughs and stabbing a finger in their direction because of their opinion on minorities, when it was a common prejudice at the time. Are we supposed to round up millions of grandpas and grannies because they have ingrained racist opinions? (HINT: no.)

There SHOULD be a comedy forum. Comedy.co.uk and chortle.co.uk have healthy, if introspective and navel-gazing, communities - there should be plenty for DS to work with.

Also, Predator vs Frankie Boyle would be a great crossover.