Options

So, any complaints about Harry Potter moving the soaps yet?

CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see enough fuss when football makes it move, any complaints about a Harry Potter movie that aired a few months ago?

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. If it's true ED is being moved twice for that shyte, I'm fewmin'. >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is Harry Potter moving the soaps?

I am a massive Harry Potter fan but I couldn't be bothered watching one of them with breaks.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have paid a fortune for those movies. Can't believe they're on again.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    When is Harry Potter moving the soaps?

I am a massive Harry Potter fan but I couldn't be bothered watching one of them with breaks.

There are a few changes for different reasons. Here's the link. :)
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I thought they usually show Harry Potter on Saturdays?

Anyway, it's Harry Potter so for me it's allowed :D *Expelliarmus Blackburn!*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were never as good as the books.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's all this in need for? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the BBC reacting to ITV buggering about with the schedules for Harry Potter repeats. Must the Harry Potters be shown then (rather than the convenient bank holiday weekend that follows it) or is it a case of ITV schedulers trying to spoil a big week for EastEnders?

Frankly, I don't care about the ratings. I wish the BBC would stick to showing EE when it's normally shown - but I can understand why they might want to react.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're probably hoping for a big audience, is this the first time they're showing the last two Potter films on TV or have they been on before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    They're probably hoping for a big audience, is this the first time they're showing the last two Potter films on TV or have they been on before?

No, they've done it a few times before. :) Usually on Saturdays though.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Sounds like the BBC reacting to ITV buggering about with the schedules for Harry Potter repeats. Must the Harry Potters be shown then (rather than the convenient bank holiday weekend that follows it) or is it a case of ITV schedulers trying to spoil a big week for EastEnders?

Frankly, I don't care about the ratings. I wish the BBC would stick to showing EE when it's normally shown - but I can understand why they might want to react.
    It's a big week for EastEnders and the Tuesday episode is Lucy's funeral. It does seem that ITV just cause a soap clash for no reason (No LIVE football or anything)

The BBC has made the best move and ITV have helped them do it. They now have an Hour-Long episode on a Tuesday at 8:00pm which is a big episode and removed the lower rating Friday edition for the week.

ITV are messing around with their soaps will only backfire.

I think the BBC has done good with their little change and tbh that's exactly what i'd have done. EastEnders at 8 Tues and Holby Thursday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two Harry Potter films were premieres for Boxing Day 2013 and New Years 2014 on ITV, soaps are getting moved around soon to accommodate the current Harry Potter season, no idea why they're doing this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corabal wrote: »
    The last two Harry Potter films were premieres for Boxing Day 2013 and New Years 2014 on ITV, soaps are getting moved around soon to accommodate the current Harry Potter season, no idea why they're doing this.
    Looks great for the Emmerdale team doesn't it. Work hard and then get moved around for a repeat of a film plenty have watched a dozen times already :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Looks great for the Emmerdale team doesn't it. Work hard and then get moved around for a repeat of a film plenty have watched a dozen times already :D

And their big week doesn't even get nominated for the awards. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    And their big week doesn't even get nominated for the awards. :(
    Emmerdale has been nominated for BAFTA's before though.
    There has been years EastEnders and Corrie haven't.

I fully expect Emmerdale to be all over the show now with BGT/Worldcup.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate ITV schedules for the ED and CN the double episodes of Corrie on are crap they should be spread out.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »

Because ITV have nothing else to air. It's repeats for most of the week and BGT week follows so they can't start any new series. It's actually worked in EastEnders' favour.

I don't understand why they've dropped an Emmerdale and a Midsomer Murders repeat would've been better than HP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Emmerdale has been nominated for BAFTA's before though.
    There has been years EastEnders and Corrie haven't.

I fully expect Emmerdale to be all over the show now with BGT/Worldcup.

I suppose. It's a shame that the Storm & Siege week isn't getting the same recognition though, they were cracking episodes.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,371
    Forum Member
    Never underestimate the power of Harry Potter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I suppose. It's a shame that the Storm & Siege week isn't getting the same recognition though, they were cracking episodes.

Because non of the soaps are allowed to submit special episodes, so fair's fair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because non of the soaps are allowed to submit special episodes, so fair's fair.

Oh ok, if it's a rule stopping them, then I guess I'll let them off :p

Anyway, yay for Harry Potter :D
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Im cool with it, I mean, Alan Rickman as Snape? You just can't beat it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when ITV were showing a Star Wars season against Doctor Who with advertisments, then all of a sudden they stopped after 1 or 2 of them had shown, because Sky got the rights, I found this amusing, I think and I hope the films will end up on BBC now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Potter and the Bag of Shite :(
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no, they have been shown on tv before