Options

Classic Chart Show Showing On The Vault 356

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just come across this if anyone fancies signing it... http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thechartshow/index.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had to happen I've had 2 e-mails regarding 2 of my top ten charts from UMG. It says they can remain as long as advertisements are placed on this video's watch page.

Think I'd better just take these 2 off be on the safe side?
  • Options
    razdan1974razdan1974 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    It had to happen I've had 2 e-mails regarding 2 of my top ten charts from UMG. It says they can remain as long as advertisements are placed on this video's watch page.

Think I'd better just take these 2 off be on the safe side?

I wouldn't worry about it. I've got loads of emails from UMG and Sony about copyright infringement. As long they say you can keep the vids with adverts next to them, then its fine. Only one record company (MUSIC FACTORY ENTERTAINMENT GROUP) removed one video from my account. I later found out that it was a stupid Jive Bunny music video that pissed them off. So I just uploaded the video again and edited out the number 1 song (JIVE BUNNY). Otherwise so far there hasn't been any other bother from any record companies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    razdan1974 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. I've got loads of emails from UMG and Sony about copyright infringement. As long they say you can keep the vids with adverts next to them, then its fine. Only one record company (MUSIC FACTORY ENTERTAINMENT GROUP) removed one video from my account. I later found out that it was a stupid Jive Bunny music video that pissed them off. So I just uploaded the video again and edited out the number 1 song (JIVE BUNNY). Otherwise so far there hasn't been any other bother from any record companies.

I've had e-mails from UMG & WMG.

But they have allowed me to keep my chart show vids on Youtube!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just uploaded this if anyone fancies a look - it's a project I've been working on out of boredom... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1VdbgtUYM
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 74,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was one I made last year, but it got took down when YouTube deleted my account. I've been thinking of making another one, but even if I do, I doubt it will end up on YouTube.

May I ask what programme you used to make this? I used Adobe Premiere (I want to be able to get the text to animate on and off screen, but I can't seem to be able to do it properly in there), and all the videos were nicked off of Virgin Media's on demand service- means I get them in full, in their original aspect ratio without any graphics or logos over them (though I'm restricted to what they have available).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just uploaded this if anyone fancies a look - it's a project I've been working on out of boredom... :)

I'm impessed. What software did you use? I notice you blurred all the music video channels idents out lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments guys. I used Adobe Premiere Elements to put it all together, and created the on-screen stuff using Powerpoint... On paper, using Powerpoint seems a bit pathetic, but it's amazing what a bit of timing and chroma key can do :D

The logos were one of the most annoying things to sort out, as my main intention was to just crop the videos and hide them, but some still showed and the picture got too distorted - plus the likes of Goldfrapp which was shown on Channel 4 was already in widescreen, so I couldn't really crop it. Thankfully, somebody told me about a "logoaway" plugin on VirtualDub which lets you blur out part of a video, and it proved incredibly handy.

I think you were fairly lucky, James. I had to find what I could on an interactive service on MTV where it allowed you to find out what videos are coming up on what channel and at what time. However, the list was short and constanty varied, so it was hard to find the ones I needed. Goldfrapp never came up but I found that purely by chance at the end of something I recorded on Channel 4 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments guys. I used Adobe Premiere Elements to put it all together, and created the on-screen stuff using Powerpoint...

I'll try using Powerpoint if there is a next time then (if I can work out how to import stuff from there into Premiere), I've already got a fair few ideas on what I might do anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    I'll try using Powerpoint if there is a next time then (if I can work out how to import stuff from there into Premiere), I've already got a fair few ideas on what I might do anyway.

Cool, I look forward to seeing it. :)

Also, you kept this quiet, didn't you? http://www.vaultclassics.co.uk/forum/tm.aspx?m=19 :p

I'm pleased to hear that they aren't being pulled altogether - now we just have to play the waiting game. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you tell me exactly how you superimposed the Powerpoint stuff over Premiere? I'm having a lot of trouble working out how to do it- but that might be down to us using different versions of Powerpoint & Premiere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a screen capture program - sorry I didn't mention it in the first place. I use Camtasia Studio and just select the area of the powerpoint screen. I've got a 16:10 monitor working on a 16:9 project so I can't capture the full screen.

Change the background of all slides to a bright green, and use the chroma key effects in Premiere. To add an extra effect, fiddle about with the controls of the effects - whilst this also removes any trace of green around the graphic, you can also make the graphics translucent to make it seem a bit more authentic.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

I'd recommend changing the settings of the recording as well. The default setting is about 5 fps which is far too low for such a project.
  • Options
    frank jamesfrank james Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found parts of an original broadcast from 1996 the other day in which John Alford won the battle of the bands with Blue Moon. This episode was shown on The Vault last year but they had Sean Maguire as the winner with Good Day so it looked like The Vault showed a different version. I also thought that Middlesborough beat Chelsea on the ITV version aswell as I seem to remember seeing the Let's Dance video somewhere but on The Vault Chelsea won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    POSSIBLY AMAZING NEWS

Chart Show TV are starting a new version of The Chart Show from Wednesday at 9am and 4pm.

Whilst part of me is overjoyed, i'm worried by the possible cheapness of it and lack of traditional features...
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POSSIBLY AMAZING NEWS

Chart Show TV are starting a new version of The Chart Show from Wednesday at 9am and 4pm.

Whilst part of me is overjoyed, i'm worried by the possible cheapness of it and lack of traditional features...

This is good news not much info on it?

I hope they have presenters and make it like TOTP or E4 Music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they have presenters and make it like TOTP or E4 Music.

No! The whole point of The Chart Show was that is was presenter free- adding any, even if only a voiceover, would ruin the format IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    No! The whole point of The Chart Show was that is was presenter free- adding any, even if only a voiceover, would ruin the format IMO.

I'm sure I heard Flaunt and Scuzz could have presenters soon so it could be a option for them.

I don't think the old format will work in 2008. They could still have the voice overs but add some presenting to make it more modern.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course the old format would work- after all, most music channels are just videos without presenters to link them anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they intend to change it, then they shouldn't be calling it The Chart Show. That's all I can say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! They've even got the VCR graphics!
  • Options
    cray1975cray1975 Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new look Chart Show is on Chart Show TV now. So far there's been a new release followed by the Urban Chart. Interesting that they still use the play and fast forward graphics. I'll upload clips on my Youtube channel later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that impressive new Video Vault graphic. Oh, wait, it's the one from 1996 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just like the old version I'm surprised it's took them this long to do a new version.

I wonder if it will ever go back on ITV or even C4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do seem to remember they had one running when Chart Show TV first launched. It didn't last long though, they got rid of it around the same time the channel shifted (originally their schedule was mainly charts, after a few months they changed it and scrapped most of the original charts and then it became mostly videos).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just thought there was too much R'n'B on it, I know it's down to opinion, but according to the titles, there isn't a Dance, Rock or Indie Chart. though I also would have liked to see more effort put into the transitions between songs on the charts. Besides that, I enjoyed it - lovely to see the reuse of the Video Vault ident.

I would just like to point out, by the way, the Vault's forum admin claims this will run everyday... there is no Chart Show on tomorrow, the next day, or next Wednesday. Whether or not this is a traditional CSC problem where they can't be arsed updating the EPG, I don't know.