Options

Mad local woman who says "I drive a Mercedes get out of my way"

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,756
Forum Member
✭✭
My local paper had a letter in it last week that made me laugh. Theres a woman whos driving round our town saying things like this.

last week there was a traffic jam in a car park and she wanted to back out of a space. she said to the bloke queuing be hind her "do you mind moving please as I drive a Mercedes".

Another letter said that a woman in a Mercedes had got into a left turn only lane at traffic lights and when they changed they she drove straight ahead. the guy next to her shouted at her to get back (Warm day both cars convertables) she shouted back " I have right of way beacuse im driving a Mercedes".

Im now slightly scared that I bump into this woman as she seems unhinged and shouldnt really be on the road. I hope all you other Mercedes drivers are not like her:eek::D

Comments

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is seen driving dangerously she should be reported.
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been driven round the Benz.
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    It was Jeremy Clarkson in drag.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hyacinth Bucket.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,841
    Forum Member
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    My local paper had a letter in it last week that made me laugh. Theres a woman whos driving round our town saying things like this.

last week there was a traffic jam in a car park and she wanted to back out of a space. she said to the bloke queuing be hind her "do you mind moving please as I drive a Mercedes".

Another letter said that a woman in a Mercedes had got into a left turn only lane at traffic lights and when they changed they she drove straight ahead. the guy next to her shouted at her to get back (Warm day both cars convertables) she shouted back " I have right of way beacuse im driving a Mercedes".

Im now slightly scared that I bump into this woman as she seems unhinged and shouldnt really be on the road. I hope all you other Mercedes drivers are not like her:eek::D

That'd make me want to hire an even more prestige car and find her so i could tell her to get out of my way. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she called Shelia Bloom?
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a made up story for humorous effect, or someone with resentment towards Mercedes drivers, and making up examples to "prove" his point.
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Sounds like a made up story for humorous effect, or someone with resentment towards Mercedes drivers, and making up examples to "prove" his point.

You never know, there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Here in Arizona we have a "Stupid Motorist Law", where if you ignore warning signs and drive into a flooded area and have to be rescued, you have to pay for your own rescue, plus a fine.

The first person to get busted under the Stupid Motorist Law was a guy driving a Hummer who thought it was amphibious.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I drive a mercedes and I'm that complete and utter c*nt driving right behind you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Why should you?
    Just slightly reduce your speed and refuse point blank to give way to teach the arrogant bitch a lesson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Maybe he's been taking lessons from you? :D
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Heh, I know it's bad but that's actually quite funny :)
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drive a Jag so I'd tell her to get out of my way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one and I am inclined to be more courteous on the road - I hate people who drive prestigious cars being arrogant, it devalues the status of the car imo. I have been put off buying certain brands because of the type of people who drive them.

I find it is the wannabes who are arrogant, such as the ones with souped up cars with very loud exhausts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    I have one and I am inclined to be more courteous on the road - I hate people who drive prestigious cars being arrogant, it devalues the status of the car imo. I have been put off buying certain brands because of the type of people who drive them.

I find it is the wannabes who are arrogant, such as the ones with souped up cars with very loud exhausts.

Good point I personally don't have a problem with Mercedes drivers. I find BMW drivers annoying, I find a lot of those drive up my exhaust pipe while im driving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
    My friends all drive Porsches - I must make amends
    Worked hard all my life time no help from my friends
    oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
  • Options
    brycazbrycaz Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Sorry to disappoint you but .....

http://http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/community/who_is_this_madam_in_a_mercedes_1_3004288
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    There's an old dear in this town who drives a FIAT Punto with the same attitude.

People are stupid. Cars do what they're told.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never lie.

However I have been victim to this sort of behaviour when some idiot objected to us opening a sanctuary a mile and a half from where he lived.

He bombarded the council (and us} with the most ludicrous suggestions that the roads could not handle the increased traffic, that the cat wee would pollute the local stream (there wasn't one!!!}, and he topped it all off by saying that noise of the cats meowing would keep him awake at night.

There was a happy ending when we invited her over to another of the sanctuaries and introduced her to our very friendly neighbours.

That was ten years ago and she now works with us at the very sanctuary she objected to all those years ago. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brycaz wrote: »
    I was referring to the writer of the letter and not to you!:o
  • Options
    brycazbrycaz Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I was referring to the writer of the letter and not to you!:o

Why on earth would they lie? :confused::confused: