Options

Catch-up players BBC-ITV-CH4-CH5-SKY ???

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
XBox have announced that they will soon have BBC iplayer in their service.

Will this at all prompt Sony to make a move to get Demand 5 & more importantly Sky Go?

Sony have
TV,
Blu-ray player/recorder,
PC,
Laptop,
Phone,
MP3/MP4
Tablet and the
PS3/PS Vita.

Will they be able to put all of the following onto all of these devices.

BBC iplayer
ITV Player
4OD
Demand 5
Sky Go

With Lovefilm & Netflix dominating the movie on demand market & both consoles having both services now us the time for SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK to incorporate an Apple type uniform network on all Sony branded devices offering all these services from under 1 umbrella!!!

Discuss,

Regards,

Dan.

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    time for SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK to incorporate an Apple type uniform network on all Sony branded devices offering all these services from under 1 umbrella!!!

Not sure how the Apply thing works, but a unified network running all the same streaming service across all their entertainment devices would be awesome.

I would also like to see a lot of other services added than those you mention, Sony possible need to make it easy for a website to apply to appear across the SEN. I would like things like TVCatchUp, Blinkbox and YouTube. I would also like to see some video iPlayer style video portals for websites like Gamespot or GameTrailers so we can stream their shows and trailers straight to our screens.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U havent got a cat in hells chance of seeing Skygo on PS3, Sky subscribers only get that on there mobile free of charge because there a Sky Subscriber, i cant even see Demand 5 coming to the PS3 either i think thats just exclusive to Xbox Gold account holders. So now SkyGo wont be coming to PS3 no chance,
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    U havent got a cat in hells chance of seeing Skygo on PS3, Sky subscribers only get that on there mobile free of charge because there a Sky Subscriber, i cant even see Demand 5 coming to the PS3 either i think thats just exclusive to Xbox Gold account holders. So now SkyGo wont be coming to PS3 no chance,

I think you are wrong on that personally. SkyGo will be coming on ps3 but only for sky subscribers i think. Also don't be surprised to see sky go on the upcoming WiiU too.
    As for 5 ondemand it has already been said it's coming to ps3.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really see why SkyGo and Demand 5 wouldn't come over. For Demand 5 they are an ad funded service so the more people seeing their service the better and for SkyGo they are a subscription service so the more potential customers they can reach the better.

I am sure once initial contracts run out both will arrive on the PS3 as the way each service makes money it would be a poor business decision not to be available on every possible platform.