Options

Matt Smith vs David Tennent

Talk That TalkTalk That Talk Posts: 93
Forum Member
Which was the better doctor for you?

I'd say Matt Smith as he is easier on the eye ;)

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,079
    Forum Member
    I'd say Matt Smith as he is easier on the eye ;)

David Tennant. I once walked past him in Covent Garden and was eyeing him up something chronic before I realised who he was. He's just gorgeous!

Matt Smith's nice looking too, but its David all the way for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw this thread title, I thought there was some Ultimate Fighting bout being organised between the two. That would have been fascinating to watch. :D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Ten of course.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DT by a country mile for me, evidenced by the fact that I've been watching some re-runs of series 4 on Watch and they've made me realise how much more I enjoyed the show then than I do now.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Why does it have to be 'vs.'?
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them equally. EQUALLY. Neither of them are better than the other. Why must there always be a competition between the two? :/

Besides, it would add a bit more spice if it was Matt Smith Vs David Tennant Vs Christopher Eccleston.

To me, Eleven is as awesome as Ten. Ten is as awesome as Eleven. Brilliant chaps, both of them, and I look forward to hopefully seeing them both together in the anniversary. :)

BUT NO ONE CAN HOLD A CANDLE TO THE AWESOME MIGHT OF TOM BAKER AND PETER DAVISON! :cool:
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see, I very much like David Tennant's doctor, but I've also come to like Matt Smiths doctor over the last 2 years.

But which is better? There's only one way to find out....

FIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Matt Smith

He does scatty intellectual scientist type soooo well!
  • Options
    missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david
  • Options
    Lazlo WolfLazlo Wolf Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Bill Pat Jon Tom Peter Colin Sylv Paul Chris David Matt.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Up until recently I would've said David Tennant, but having recently re-watched Matt Smith's era so far I've come to prefer him. For me he captures the "alien" persona of The Doctor so much better than Tennant ever did. That doesn't go to say that I dislike Tennant in the role however. He's still one of my favourites. :)
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My vote goes to Tennant as well. I'm loving the re-runs on BBC3. I'm not a silly DT fangirl though, Matt may not be as easy on the eye but I still think he's an excellent Doctor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a false dichotomy. I like them both. And while it might be possible to prefer one Doctor over the other, I wouldn't want to hurt any of their feelings.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the constant comparisons? Its so pointless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David
    Boooooo matt
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Matt. I still like David, too, though. I just prefer Matt's interpretation of the character.

I don't dislike any of the actors who have played the Doctor.
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt.
    And by a considerable margin too!;)
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them equally. EQUALLY. Neither of them are better than the other. Why must there always be a competition between the two? :/

Besides, it would add a bit more spice if it was Matt Smith Vs David Tennant Vs Christopher Eccleston.

To me, Eleven is as awesome as Ten. Ten is as awesome as Eleven. Brilliant chaps, both of them, and I look forward to hopefully seeing them both together in the anniversary. :)

BUT NO ONE CAN HOLD A CANDLE TO THE AWESOME MIGHT OF TOM BAKER AND PETER DAVISON! :cool:

This :)
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both are brilliant in their own way. watch doctor who confidential david tennants farewell on you tube, it would bring a tear to a glass eye, dont know if matt smith would care as much about the role, allons-y.
  • Options
    Lazlo WolfLazlo Wolf Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I can't shake the feeling that Matt Smith was brought in to satisfy a particular demographic: People who don't spell so good.

After Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennent/Tenant, poor Chiwetel Ejiofor never had a chance at the role.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Lazlo Wolf wrote: »
    I can't shake the feeling that Matt Smith was brought in to satisfy a particular demographic: People who don't spell so good.

After Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennent/Tenant, poor Chiwetel Ejiofor never had a chance at the role.

I think Mat Smyth was still the best choice for the role of the Doctir.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazlo Wolf wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

I agree.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

becos he kant spell?
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

To be fair to the OP, it looks as if he/she has only joined the forum this month and is maybe unaware that we have had this debate countless times over the last few years or so. It does get tiresome but saying that, have to agree with a previous poster who said they are as good as each other. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd give Smith the slight edge in terms of the humour but overall they are evenly matched.

:)