Options

Doctor Who Series 4 Episode 7 'The Unicorn and The Wasp' 17/05/08 (merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
Forum Member
No ones started a thread yet (or so I can see)
So here it is :D

Excuse it being a little early...
But I just couldn't contain myself :o

Have requested a poll to be put up.

Rate the episode 720 votes

Excellent
34% 248 votes
Very Good
26% 189 votes
Good
18% 132 votes
Fair
10% 72 votes
Poor
6% 48 votes
Very Poor
4% 31 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd add that the episode is on at 7:00pm
    Not the ridiculously early time of 6:20
    Yay! :D
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time we got 7 lol. And watch out for the treats on the BBC website straight after the episode! Maybe a little treat at the end of the episode as well...
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,685
    Forum Member
    Thread too early!!! :D

I hope we actually get a commentary this week, the "big weekend" on the BBC stream meant there was none for last week! :(
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope we actually get a commentary this week, the "big weekend" on the BBC stream meant there was none for last week! :(

Well atleast it's not days early like in previous weeks. Only 23 hours early :p
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,685
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Well atleast it's not days early like in previous weeks. Only 23 hours early :p

Yeah but I'm saying it every week now because any time anyone dared open an episode thread in the past the first two pages were usually debates between people who thought it was too early and people who...well, didn't! :p

Some traditions have to be maintained! :D
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes there was and I listened to it on Sunday and very entertaining and informative it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i don't think it was started too early. it's better than having 50 odd different threads chatting about different theories about the episode before it airs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lumen wrote: »
    i don't think it was started too early. it's better than having 50 odd different threads chatting about different theories about the episode before it airs.

give it time...;):D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched it last sunday on bbc3 with the commentary. And of course you can download the mp3 from the bbc7 website.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,079
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to this one. A comedy episode with David Tennant AND Catherine Tate. Perfect!
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been looking forward to this episode for ages....:D
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Interesting that TV Times say its the best episode of the series while Radio Times say it might disappoint die hard fans - so it looks like it might split opinion on here - but then again I suppose all episodes do.
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    give it time...;):D

lol, too true...also, has everyone thought that if they didn't spend the first six pages wittering on endlessly about whether or not the episode thread is too early then the thread would actually be worth reading no matter when it started...just a thought :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, too true...also, has everyone thought that if they didn't spend the first six pages wittering on endlessly about whether or not the episode thread is too early then the thread would actually be worth reading no matter when it started...just a thought :D

and now you have added your comment...;)
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I try not to fly in the face of public demand :D

Besides, I never read the episode thread anymore because between the "too early" comments and the "can't wait/this looks crap" missives and then the fifteen pages of posts while the show actually airs...it's hardly worth it...I'm just bored waiting for the Cup Final to start :D
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you.

Oh, and me. :o:o
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    About time we got 7 lol. And watch out for the treats on the BBC website straight after the episode! Maybe a little treat at the end of the episode as well...

I thought it was next week they were putting stuff up, to make up for the lack of DW on TV.
  • Options
    JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant wait to tonights episode- there seems to have been a bit of buzz around this whole Agatha Christie one for quite a while!

Fingers crossed for a great trailer for the rest of the series as well! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am quite excited about this episode but not as much for the 2 parter which follows eurovision, i really like the look of an Agatha Christie episode but not looking forward to the wasp - it just looks a bit well useless. Otherwise, i'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,871
    Forum Member
    Who wrote tonight's episode?
  • Options
    liquidJPliquidJP Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wrote tonight's episode?

Gareth roberts according to the font that is wiki
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimmyJoe wrote: »
    Cant wait to tonights episode- there seems to have been a bit of buzz around this whole Agatha Christie one for quite a while!

Fingers crossed for a great trailer for the rest of the series as well! :D

oooh that's an awful punn..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher Benjamin who played Henry Gordan Jago in the classic Talons of Weng Chiang is in this episode.

Not playing Jago (though given the year it's set he could have been) but playing Colonal Mustard ;)
  • Options
    JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Larry1971 wrote: »
    oooh that's an awful punn..:D

:o I'm sorry I couldn't keep it to myself :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times Online review
    7/13 - The Unicorn and the Wasp

Someone's had a lot of fun, haven't they? Yes, scriptwriter Gareth Roberts, I'm looking at you. I bet you were tickled pink as you sat down to compose a comic Doctor Who episode based on a classic country house murder mystery, with all the requisite elements - a vicar, an aristocratic lady with a secret, a body in the library, a jewel thief, a gay male couple and a giant wasp (yes, I know, I know). Something tells me that Roberts is an Agatha Christie fan, too, because here's the lady herself, played by Fenella Woolgar, on the eve of her fabled ten-day disappearance in 1926, and the script is packed with in-joke references to her book titles (as in "That's set the cat among the pigeons", "This is a crooked house" and so on). Christie, the Doctor and Donna join forces when there's a murder at the lovely home of the poised Lady Eddison (Felicity Kendal). I suspect Doctor Who die-hards will find it all a bit blah, but it's a diverting, cheerful bit of silliness for the grown-ups.

RT reviewer - Alison Graham