Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Does anyone else remember these biscuits? What were they called?

Old 24-07-2008, 00:41
gillypanda
Forum Member

I think the ones i mean might be 'Lemon Puffs'.........
Oh, Lemon Puffs were my childhood favourites. But you couldn't put them in the barrel with the other biscuits, as they made everything taste of lemon!
gillypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-07-2008, 00:44
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

If and when I eat a biscuit I eat them in peculiar ways. I bite the tops of them or nibble around the chocolate.

I eat the tops of twixes and leave the biscuit till last

I feel like I'm doing a biscuit autopsy
Mrs Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 00:45
rob3597
Forum Member

ah, I think I remember them too. Did they look a bit like fig rolls?
Just looked at a fig roll pic,and yes looks very alike!!!
rob3597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 00:45
swingaleg
Forum Member

Oh, Lemon Puffs were my childhood favourites. But you couldn't put them in the barrel with the other biscuits, as they made everything taste of lemon!

A barrel ?........

My Ladyship !..........you should have sacked the 'Biscuit Waiter' if everything tasted of lemon........
swingaleg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 00:47
Kait

If and when I eat a biscuit I eat them in peculiar ways. I bite the tops of them or nibble around the chocolate.

Phew, I thought I was the only weird one
I do similar with jaffa cakes too, but I leave the orangey bit til last
Also with kitkats I eat the chocolate from round the edge, then I pull the layers apart and eat them bit by bit
Old 24-07-2008, 00:51
Dazzorifik
Forum Member

Just looked at a fig roll pic,and yes looks very alike!!!
Mmm mmm, fig rolls! I don't see them anywhere anymore, but I'd snap a packet of them up as quick as anything if I spotted one!
Dazzorifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 00:55
gillypanda
Forum Member

A barrel ?........

My Ladyship !..........you should have sacked the 'Biscuit Waiter' if everything tasted of lemon........
That'd be my mum then! She hated Lemon Puffs, so I just had to eat them all

I'm sure our Sainsburys still has fig rolls, Daz. I'll have a look next week for you
gillypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 01:01
Shuttermaze
Forum Member

I do that too. I do the same with Jammie Dodger. Have to bte around the middle to leave the Jammie bit till last. And now I've seen Lemon Puffs mentioned, I'm going to have to hunt them down. Not had one of those in ages.
Shuttermaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 01:03
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

Phew, I thought I was the only weird one
I do similar with jaffa cakes too, but I leave the orangey bit til last
Also with kitkats I eat the chocolate from round the edge, then I pull the layers apart and eat them bit by bit
Orangey bit for me last as well

Spooky
Old 24-07-2008, 01:04
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

I do that too. I do the same with Jammie Dodger. Have to bte around the middle to leave the Jammie bit till last. And now I've seen Lemon Puffs mentioned, I'm going to have to hunt them down. Not had one of those in ages.
Are we all weird or just is it normal
Old 24-07-2008, 01:09
Shuttermaze
Forum Member

Are we all weird or just is it normal
Nah, we're ok. It's everyone else that's slightly odd. I mean, why wouldn't you want to eat a tiwx or KitKat layer by layer. I even eat the skin off grapes before I eat the fruit. Ok.. maybe that is a little weird, but I don't care!
Old 24-07-2008, 01:56
Ethereal
Forum Member

Can you still buy them? I feel like going out and buying a packet now.

Childhood memories
Yup I have some Sports biscuits in my cupboard right now.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 02:16
Aspartame
Forum Member

I love extracting the orangey bits from Jaffa Cakes too

And I remember gnawing round the edges of Jammie Dodgers to leave the jam. hehe.

And with things like Custard Creams and Bourbons (one of my favourites), I always like to split one biccie off, eat that, then scrape the filling off with my teeth... sounds pretty disgusting now that I type it
Aspartame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 02:57
Lime Green
Forum Member

Lemon puffs are not as they used to be, I checked them up in a calorie guide from the eighties, and they were about twice as carlorific then than they are now, so they are cutting down on the sugar glaze - meanies.

Anyone remeber this one? It was a bit like a jam and creme sandwich biscuit, but with honey flavoured stuff instead of jam, and oval in shape. Absolutley gorgeous biscuits.

And Royal Scott, the very best plain biscuit ever made. I'm sure I went into withdrawal when the firm closed down.

I'm rather partial to Waitrose's ginger cookies at the moment.
Lime Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 03:33
jedi_ninja
Forum Member

Does anyone remember Dunkers? They were like oval-shaped Hobnobs, oat biscuits actually designed to dunk easily in your tea.

Can you still get them? I'm in Australia at the mo so can't check. TimTams all the way out here.
jedi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 03:49
steviem
Forum Member

[quote=Lime Green;25921631]And Royal Scot, the very best plain biscuit ever made. I'm sure I went into QUOTE]

We used to make the best ever empire biscuits with those when we were younger.
steviem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 04:08
Lime Green
Forum Member

We used to make the best ever empire biscuits with those when we were younger.
So did we, and it was never quite the same trying to make them with shorties, or rich tea or digestive.
Lime Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 04:41
beagle23atrad
Forum Member

Yeah, and me!! 'scuse me, I'll just pop out to the kitchen and get a ginger-nut, custard-cream and a digestive, to go with me coffee. Sorry, even I (as a festering old fart{?} ) cant remember the name of the bikkies described.
beagle23atrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 08:48
marrakai
Forum Member

If they are Fox biscuits they could be called the O"Riley factor , VERY SMOOTH BUT TASTE LIKE CRAP .
marrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 09:07
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

Nah, we're ok. It's everyone else that's slightly odd. I mean, why wouldn't you want to eat a tiwx or KitKat layer by layer. I even eat the skin off grapes before I eat the fruit. Ok.. maybe that is a little weird, but I don't care!
I peel the skin off grapes before I eat them as well

We had jammie dodgers in the staff room the other day and I was so dying to dissect it properly It didn't taste the same eating it whole
Old 24-07-2008, 09:16
Shuttermaze
Forum Member

I peel the skin off grapes before I eat them as well

We had jammie dodgers in the staff room the other day and I was so dying to dissect it properly It didn't taste the same eating it whole

Ahh, you could have sneaked off to the stationary room to eat it. Be proud, be strong, eat your biccies as you would. I bet you'd be surprised at just how many turn round and say, " Ohh.. I do that too" lol

I'm being good this morning, have a cup of tea, but no biccies as of yet. Even though I can hear the Bourbons calling me, I'm resisting the temptation. Gimme five mins and it'll be another story.
Old 24-07-2008, 09:21
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

Ahh, you could have sneaked off to the stationary room to eat it. Be proud, be strong, eat your biccies as you would. I bet you'd be surprised at just how many turn round and say, " Ohh.. I do that too" lol

I'm being good this morning, have a cup of tea, but no biccies as of yet. Even though I can hear the Bourbons calling me, I'm resisting the temptation. Gimme five mins and it'll be another story.
I will try to be strong next time, I didn't want to be lonely in the photocopy room with me jammie dodger.

I'm not a big biccie eater but the staff room was full of goodies this week and the strange thing was that they were calling to me just like your bourbons.
Old 24-07-2008, 09:38
Shuttermaze
Forum Member

I will try to be strong next time, I didn't want to be lonely in the photocopy room with me jammie dodger.

I'm not a big biccie eater but the staff room was full of goodies this week and the strange thing was that they were calling to me just like your bourbons.
Ahhh the end of term feast, always some fabulous goodies to be munched on then. I remember when I used to help out (parent helper) at my sons junior school, the chocolates, cakes and biscuits that used to adorn the table in the staff room during the end of term week, would be on the verge of collapse under the weight of all the treats.

I hope you managed to bring some home with you.

Sorry for going OT there. I still can't remember that biccy that I mentioned in my first reply on this thread. Don't suppose you can remember a little square biscuit Mrs T? Used to be a kind of caramel flavour and a colour similar to ginger nuts, but it definitely wasn't ginger flavour. I used to love them.
Old 24-07-2008, 09:46
Mrs Teapot
Forum Member

Ahhh the end of term feast, always some fabulous goodies to be munched on then. I remember when I used to help out (parent helper) at my sons junior school, the chocolates, cakes and biscuits that used to adorn the table in the staff room during the end of term week, would be on the verge of collapse under the weight of all the treats.

I hope you managed to bring some home with you.

Sorry for going OT there. I still can't remember that biccy that I mentioned in my first reply on this thread. Don't suppose you can remember a little square biscuit Mrs T? Used to be a kind of caramel flavour and a colour similar to ginger nuts, but it definitely wasn't ginger flavour. I used to love them.
The table is always laden, we were given an Indian banquet last week, I kid you not.

The only biscuit I can think of is those that you sometimes get at cafes or restaurants but I know that you can buy them. I'll keep thinking

Old 24-07-2008, 10:17
Shuttermaze
Forum Member

The table is always laden, we were given an Indian banquet last week, I kid you not.

The only biscuit I can think of is those that you sometimes get at cafes or restaurants but I know that you can buy them. I'll keep thinking

What school is it? And do they need parent helpers? I bet that was a fabulous feast, I love indian food.

Thanks for putting the thinking cap on. They were really lovely. I think my mom used to get them from the Co-Op, (idea forms) maybe I ought to look at their store to see if they sell something similar, lol.