Options

talksport 2nd rate radio

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
Forum Member
talksport in a shocking 2nd rate radio statio with many of the presenters 2nd rate. The day time line up is one big farce from Brazil a guy who cant get his basic punctuation right most mornings to Ronnie Irani who knows nothing about any other sport than cricket...... then its Jon Gaunt a man with a giant ego talking about non sporting issues on a sports station.......then over to H&J (radio london) The H is actually quite good and witty Where as the J is just an annoying repetetive unfunny man who thinks everyone is interested in chelsea football club, which they are not!!!......Wright and Durham say no more, Durham a man whos actual knowlege of football you could write on a postage stamp, and for ian wright after football has he ever stayed anywhere longer than 5 mins...no cos he really aint that good......add to this lot Parry,Cundy,Kinghorn, Christian,Quinn and many more! oh and the worst out of the lot the so called spanish expert PBT!!!!

Comments

• Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njm wrote: »
    talksport in a shocking 2nd rate radio statio with many of the presenters 2nd rate. The day time line up is one big farce from Brazil a guy who cant get his basic punctuation right most mornings to Ronnie Irani who knows nothing about any other sport than cricket...... then its Jon Gaunt a man with a giant ego talking about non sporting issues on a sports station.......then over to H&J (radio london) The H is actually quite good and witty Where as the J is just an annoying repetetive unfunny man who thinks everyone is interested in chelsea football club, which they are not!!!......Wright and Durham say no more, Durham a man whos actual knowlege of football you could write on a postage stamp, and for ian wright after football has he ever stayed anywhere longer than 5 mins...no cos he really aint that good......add to this lot Parry,Cundy,Kinghorn, Christian,Quinn and many more! oh and the worst out of the lot the so called spanish expert PBT!!!!

Dude, paragraphs are your friend.

And Quinny is cool!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    ita a rant
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ita a rant

Learn to rant in paragraphs, you might get more people answering you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    ita a rant

How can it be a rant when you posted the exact same thing in the talkSPORT thread 5 days ago?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=22289726#post22289726

Rants are meant to be spontaneous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    double rant.........its that bad.
  • Options
    ranpanranpan Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ita a rant

Yeah,the keyboard is your best friend.
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? You've only just noticed.

It's always been radio for pikeys (IMHO). :D

Let them have what they want (within reason I wouldn't go as far as the Danish who have a Neo Nazi FM station), but you'll never find me listening to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I stopped listening to Talksport once the great Mike Dickin passed away:(

There has always been a slightly amateur feel about the station and I just cannot forget the time when they were doing football commentaries in front of a tv screen and dubbing the sound of a crowd and kidding us all that they were live from the ground.

Shocking:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a regular listener of TS since its start (Im not a pikey by the way) and as you can probably expect I strongly disagree with a lot of the criticism of the station's presenters. Adrian Durham knows a heluva lot about football. How can you say its limited to a postage stamp? That is outrageous. The guy lives and breathes the game, and hes great to listen to and I love his jokes and banter with Wrighty. Jon Gaunt, James Whale, Terry Christian, Quinny, all great presenters in their own right. Of course Galloway ruins the station and I think its utterly shameful he was given the great Dickin's slot to present his weekly Anti-Iraq/Afghanistan war "I told you so" rants we've heard a million times. Get some other lefty presenter in, anyone.

If anything I am going off of the breakfast show a bit. I dont dislike Ronnie Irani and I think he does get a hard time too often on here, but his voice does grate on me I have to say. Its a shame hes been cursed with that Bolton patois, it really is. To be fair I dont think cricketers make good morning presenters. I suppose I should really be more supportive coming from Essex and following the county CC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Tomorrow morning i will finally wake up to a new radio station.

I just cannot bear that breakfast drivel any longer and i cannot believe i allowed myself to be so forgiving for so long. I genuinely believed he would not last this long.

Mr Ronnie Irani you are without equal.

- the worst radio broadcaster i have ever heard
    - the most hideous false laugh
    - and where the hell does that exaggerated long a vowel sound come from (Eg laugh pronounced laaaarf. You are supposed to be from Bolton and here it is pronounced laff)
    - he knows nothing about sport and i include Cricket
    - he knows nothing about current affairs, politics, music, infact he knows absolutely nothing.
    - he has no chemistry with other presenters and does not engage
    - Stan Collymore did a breakfast show with him - he absolutely blew Irani to kingdom come.
    - he is actually getting worse but that is not my concern anymore. I cannot take any more.

Talksport you are dying!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow morning i will finally wake up to a new radio station.
    Go on then; what are you listening to?
    Mr Ronnie Irani you are without equal.

- the most hideous false laugh
    Worse than Mike Parry, Andy Jacobs, James Whale?
    - and where the hell does that exaggerated long a vowel sound come from (Eg laugh pronounced laaaarf. You are supposed to be from Bolton and here it is pronounced laff)
    Bit of a stereotype. Not everyone has a Fred Dibnah accent in Bolton.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talksport 2nd rate?

It's not nearly as good as that.
  • Options
    timelord2008timelord2008 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Talksport 2nd rate?

It's not nearly as good as that.

Yep, not even 99th rate. The turd on the radio dial.