Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebs Who Commit Crimes: Do you still support them musically?

Old 07-03-2009, 14:26
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

Like some people I'm boycotting CB but should you boycott all stars wo go court whether they've been found guilty or not guilty?
Who you still endorse star, even though they've been found guilty of a crime?
How serious would the crime have to be for you to not defend the star and class it as a ''mistake''. And if you boycott, one star who's been found guilty of crimes should you boycott them all.
I've boycotted stars because I feel if you're buying into there stuff and they do a serious crime and get found guilty, your endorsing them to do it again.
If you listen to stars who do things offence, on the radio or on t.v and Youtube is that different to endorsing them by buying there stuff, or is it the same?
If you wouldn't enorse a star, why? If it's complex why?
PrincessPerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-03-2009, 14:29
ClientFan
Inactive Member

I love Dairy Milk. If it had been invented by Hitler rather than Cadbury's I'd still be buying it because I love it, not him.
ClientFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:30
tellmeall
Inactive Member

Chris brown is a legend.

Rihanna has enough money to get over it, she mentally drove him to it. Apparently she hits him as well.
tellmeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:33
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

Chris brown is a legend.

Rihanna has enough money to get over it, she mentally drove him to it. Apparently she hits him as well.
What CB did is not justifiied, in court docs it does not suggest he was mentally driven by her, nor does it say she hit first. However it does say she tried to defend herself when being attacked.
Old 07-03-2009, 14:35
Sophie ~Oohie~
Forum Member

It depends whether I liked them to start with. I like the music, or not, and the singer's private life makes no difference.
Sophie ~Oohie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:36
tweetypie25
Forum Member

Chris brown is a legend.

Typical response justifying domestic violence.
tweetypie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:37
RedBaroness
Forum Member

sorry duplicate
RedBaroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:39
RedBaroness
Forum Member

Chris brown is a legend.

Domestic violence is a bit more complicated than 'she was asking for it!'

Chris Brown is a legend?? - How old is he? Twelve? Im guessing you are quite young and I will let the old -she drove it too him pass -

David Bowie is a legend and I am a huge fan - if he did 'that' to Imhan I would be shocked and disgusted. But it wouldnt like his music less.
RedBaroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:39
*Sparkle*
Forum Member

It all depends on the crime in question. There are very unpleasant people who are not criminals and that can put me off their music, but I'm really not fussed if a singer has been given a caution for possession of cannibis (for example).

Another element would be whether or not the singer in question had shown any remorse for their actions, or if it felt like I was endorsing their behaviour if I supported them musically.
*Sparkle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:40
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

It all depends on the crime in question. There are very unpleasant people who are not criminals and that can put me off their music, but I'm really not fussed if a singer has been given a caution for possession of cannibis (for example).

Another element would be whether or not the singer in question had shown any remorse for their actions, or if it felt like I was endorsing their behaviour if I supported them musically.
My Sentinments exactly.
Old 07-03-2009, 14:41
worpler
Forum Member

I boycott all RnB cos it is sh1te.

And this Chris Brown sounds like a right little ****.....he will do it again of that we can be sure.
worpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:43
Artie Fischal
Forum Member

It all depends of the crime. You don't hear Gary Glitter and Jonathan King songs on the radio any more. I can't forgive them for being paedophiles and nor can the radio producers, I suppose.
Convicted druggies, like Doherty, are a different thing. People can still listen to their music with out feeling sick to the stomach because of their crime.
Lord Archer seems to have bounced back after being convicted for perverting the course of justice. He's written best sellers and managed to keep his peerage since his release from chokey.
Artie Fischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:44
RocaBoi18
Forum Member

Depends how good they are and how serious the crime is.

The only exception is my favourite artist Ciara if she commited a crime (I know she would NEVER EVER), Im sorry I would still be a stan, buy her albums, go see her on tour etc.
RocaBoi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:45
RocaBoi18
Forum Member

And this Chris Brown sounds like a right little ****.....he will do it again of that we can be sure.
1) You obviously haven't listened to much RnB
2) To make a generalised statement like that is ridiculous
3) What is your favourite genre? Cause maybe that's not to other people's taste!
RocaBoi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:46
Vince J
Forum Member

Celebs Who Commit Crimes - Do you support their careers?

I'm not a musician and if I was I doubt I'd write a song or compose music about them in support or not
Vince J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 14:47
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

Artie, Roca, Sparkle thank god there are people out there like you who agree wth me.
Old 07-03-2009, 14:48
PrincessPerfect
Forum Member

3) What is your favourite genre? Cause maybe that's not to other people's taste!
Exactly!
I heart R'N'B.
Old 07-03-2009, 14:59
worpler
Forum Member

I've heard more than enough to know it's vacuous chod, but each to their own.
worpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 15:00
eduble
Forum Member

If depends what the artist has done..I don't think I could listen to Chris brown again and I used to like R Kelly as well but I don't listen to his music any more either.
eduble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 15:02
Rose Petals
Forum Member

I agree with that.

I would only boycott a star I liked if they'd done something completely heinous. Other than that, no... if it's more minor, I don't give a fig.
Rose Petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 15:07
You_mo

I'm the opposite, Jackson was found innocent so I'm not ever going to buy his stuff again.
You_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 17:34
ayrshireman
Inactive Member

Chris Brown a legend?...

Jesus, arent we dishing out that word to anyone now.
ayrshireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 18:35
Viridiana
Forum Member

I TOTALLY Agree.
CB must be a rare kind of legend, never heard of him before this.

Well depends on the crime, I would not support a rapist, a women beater, a pedophile, a murderer, things like that.
Minor stuff drugs related for example, would not make me stop buying records.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 18:47
gemmaovwales03
Forum Member

Chris brown is a legend.

Most famous in the UK for sleeping with Rihanna and then beating the crap out of her. Things that other z listers are known for.
gemmaovwales03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 18:48
cfc86
Forum Member

I still listen to Girls Aloud (I have better taste I swear) despite what Cheryl did.
While I don't agree with Cheryl hitting the toilet attendant it could've been self defence.
If Cheryl was hit first she shouldn't have hit back though as two wrongs don't make a right.
I don't want anyone thinking I condone what Cheryl did as some people know how strongly I feel about Chris Brown beating Rihanna although the two situations are completely different.
cfc86 is offline   Reply With Quote